Thread: Mage Macros

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Well, I don't think he was looking for a macro for that, just one to keep his pet attacking his target and not breaking CC. Actually, I don't even think I've ever had Early Frost show up, macro or not.

The real problem with those types of macros is that if you spam the spell before your pets GCD finishes, it will restart its waterbolt cast each time, so if you spam Frostbolt, your pet damage will be a bit lower, so learn to not mash so much.

Well, check out the Early Frost proc then. It pops after thos 15 seconds.
    About the problem that you mentioned, yes, it is a pain as well, so I'd rather use the macro that is in the first post.

Cheers.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    why is that? And by the way I'm still leveling and two-shotting everything
    Because of arcane potency which gives you a 15% dmg increase after using PoM or getting a CC proc.

Is there a macro for spamable livingbomb to not clip it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Because of arcane potency which gives you a 15% dmg increase after using PoM or getting a CC proc.
    It increases your critical strike chance by 15% for your next two spells, not their damage.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by emoney View Post
    Is there a macro for spamable livingbomb to not clip it?
    Macro's can't check buffs/debuffs for you. Get an addon to track LB and don't recast it until it wore off.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Macro's can't check buffs/debuffs for you. Get an addon to track LB and don't recast it until it wore off.
    Get combustion helper addon. Very handy and it gets mad at you if you clip your LB.

Quote Originally Posted by joline View Post
    Get combustion helper addon. Very handy and it gets mad at you if you clip your LB.
    It also gets mad if you impact it to a mob that already has it.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Is there a macro for casting mirror image and flame orb at the same time?

or any other flame orb macros?

thnx

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post

thnx
    No, since both spells are on the GCD.
    BfA Beta Time

Will I see the procs if I add something like engineering glove tinker to most of my casts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Will I see the procs if I add something like engineering glove tinker to most of my casts?
    When you add abilities to macros with other abilities, procs don't show up.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post

thnx
    You could use a cast sequence macro but would still have to hit it twice, so no real point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the macros ololo, "Polymorph random" is just awsome, love it !

Hi. Thought I'd share all the macros I'm currently using on my Mage. I'm not the kind of super-coordinated person who keybinds everything (I still click my cooldowns unless I'm Arcane) but I've found these very helpful. There's almost certainly some repeats from earlier in the thread, I imagine some of these are quite common.

This is my "Tweak" macro, bound to my middle mouse button as these are spells that I always desire instant access to. Shift shifts an enemy buff to you with Spellsteal, control controls an enemy with Polymorph, neither shift nor control is counterspell for fastest interrupts, and alt hits your alternate target, your focus target. Just a little mnemonic to get used to using it.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use [mod:shift, mod:alt, @focus] Spellsteal; [mod:ctrl, mod:alt, @focus] Polymorph; [mod:shift] Spellsteal; [mod:ctrl] Polymorph; [mod:alt, @focus] Counterspell; Counterspell
    This is my "Panic!" macro, kept on mousewheel down. Ice Block and cancel Ice Block with shift, Invis and cancel Invis with control, alt dismounts and self-casts Slow Fall, and normal mousewheel down is a mouseover Slow Fall, which has proven handy at times.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /dismount [mod:alt]
    /cancelaura [mod:shift] Ice Block; [mod:ctrl] Invisibility
    /use [mod:shift] Ice Block; [mod:ctrl] Invisibility; [mod:alt, @player] [@mouseover] Slow Fall
    The little Pyroblast! macro to keep from ever accidentally hard casting Pyroblast.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Pyroblast; Pyroblast!
    Three bar-condensing macros, nothing complicated here.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Mage Armor; [mod:ctrl] Frost Armor; Molten Armor

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Conjure Mana Gem; Mana Gem

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Ritual of Refreshment; [mod:shift] Conjure Refreshment; Conjured Mana Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Rasal View Post
    Thanks for all the macros ololo, "Polymorph random" is just awsome, love it !
    You're welcome. :-) But remember to thank all the other guys in this thread aswell, as we are all contributing to the list ^_^

Very basic macros I use for Poly as a frost mage:

#showtooltip Polymorph
    /castrandom [harm] Polymorph, Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Rabbit)
    /stopmacro [noharm]
    /petpassive
    Essentially the same as the first post, except it makes the water elemental (for frost mages) turn to passive, so it won't attempt to break poly when you re-cast it.

Then

#showtooltip Frostbolt
    /cast Frostbolt
    /petattack
    /petdefensive
    Very very simple. XD Just frostbolt macro, telling your pet to attack your target, and sets it back to defensive from the poly macro.

i was wondering there was a macro containing blastwave and flamestrike...so that i can have both macroed to one button and use bw when ever ts on on cd...would help alot =D

awsome macros thanks guys!

Hai guys.

I was wondering if you could help me update some of the front page macros for cataclysm, as I am no longer playing WoW.
    I would like feedback if you find any macro that isn't working, so I can update it on the front page, and I would really appreciate if any of you could look into especially the AoE rotation macros and update them for cata!
    Cheers !
    Last edited by ololo; 2011-01-20 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    /cast ice lance
    /y lol

sorry, simply couldnt resist