Thread: Mage Macros

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If it isn't stated that they are off GCD, there's a big chance that are on GCD. But there's exception like Cooldown like Icy Veins, etc.

I don't know of a list of all the mage spell that are off CGD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is on the GCD except dps cooldowns and counter spell.

Here's a list if you still can't figure it out: PoM, Combustion, AP, IV, Counter Spell, Ice Flows, Cold Snap, Mana Gem use, DF (w/ glyph), Freeze (on GCD for pet which is separate from player), potions, Health Stone use, Trinket/Tinker use.

Hey guys!
    I have a question regarding the new stun mechanics worked into our Combustion spell. Every time I use the spell on a boss, an "Immune" message appears over the boss' head and it really annoys me. Sure, it's a boss, sure, I can't stun them - no need to keep rubbing it into my face... Is there a way to get rid of that thing via a macro or an addon maybe? Or do I have to start getting used to seeing it pop up every time I'm fighting bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereen View Post
    Hey guys!
    I have a question regarding the new stun mechanics worked into our Combustion spell. Every time I use the spell on a boss, an "Immune" message appears over the boss' head and it really annoys me. Sure, it's a boss, sure, I can't stun them - no need to keep rubbing it into my face... Is there a way to get rid of that thing via a macro or an addon maybe? Or do I have to start getting used to seeing it pop up every time I'm fighting bosses?
    You could probly do it with a scrolling combat text addon.

Hi,
    Looking for a macro to cast Ice barrier on myself and then Nether tempest before the regular rotation. I'm not good with macros and can't figure out how do do it. Here's what i have:

/cast Ice Barrier
    /targetlastenemy
    /cast Nether Tempest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laxin213 View Post
    Hi,
    Looking for a macro to cast Ice barrier on myself and then Nether tempest before the regular rotation. I'm not good with macros and can't figure out how do do it. Here's what i have:

/cast Ice Barrier
    /targetlastenemy
    /cast Nether Tempest
    Ice Barrier casts on yourself automatically.

/targetlastenemy
    /castsequence Ice Barrier, Nether Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Ice Barrier casts on yourself automatically.

/targetlastenemy
    /castsequence Ice Barrier, Nether Tempest
    Aquamonkey - THANK YOU!!!!
    I tried it, it worked

#showtooltip
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    /cast Arcane Blast
    AB Spam with PoM attempt each cast. Not optimal, not recommended by theory craters, but I'm a noob and if I don't put it here I forget to ever cast it.

#showtooltip Arcane Power
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast mirror image
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /use Volcanic Potion
    /use mana gem
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Alter Time
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    This is my burn phase that I'll use if I get bloodlusted or something. Its certainly not optimal and the best thing out there, but if I don't use this I'll forget in the heat of battle to use these..It can destroy you in mana so I'll cast a few AB and then missiles

Looking for feedback and suggestions as to how to make the macros better for my flawed playing or remove any errors I have in the code and thank you.

can anyone help with a PoM macro into FB? basically i can spam it to cast FB and it will PoM when off CD then FB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldic View Post
    can anyone help with a PoM macro into FB? basically i can spam it to cast FB and it will PoM when off CD then FB
    Not trying to tell ya how to play but your most likely going to want to use PoM with Pyroblast if youre rolling fire. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Leybron View Post
    Not trying to tell ya how to play but your most likely going to want to use PoM with Pyroblast if youre rolling fire. Just saying
    Maybe he meant Frostbolt?

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laxin213 View Post
    This is my burn phase that I'll use if I get bloodlusted or something. Its certainly not optimal and the best thing out there, but if I don't use this I'll forget in the heat of battle to use these..It can destroy you in mana so I'll cast a few AB and then missiles

Looking for feedback and suggestions as to how to make the macros better for my flawed playing or remove any errors I have in the code and thank you.
    You may want to put Mirror Image last, since it is on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    Maybe he meant Frostbolt?

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 10:22 AM ----------

You may want to put Mirror Image last, since it is on the GCD.

Also, doesn't Alter Time still extend on-use trinket times? So you would want to move Alter Time to after trinkets are popped. Don't think I have actually ever tried it on beta so I'm not sure.

Hello,

I would like to add:

/cast [@focus] Mage Bomb

^ since we will likely be switching between Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, and Frost Bomb, I recommend replacing those spells with "Mage Bomb" which will automatically cast the one you are spec'd for.

Now, I'd like to ask for help on a macro. I want a macro to do the same for the other tiers.
    Something along the lines of:

/cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Pyroblast
    if speced into PoM
    /cast Ice Floes
    /cast Fireball
    if spec'd into Ice Floes

or something like;
    /cast [@party1] Ice Ward; Ring of Frost; Frost Jaw

I have been switching my talents around quite a bit, and I don't like having to re-write or change hotkeys every time I swap things around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Hello,

I would like to add:

/cast [@focus] Mage Bomb

^ since we will likely be switching between Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, and Frost Bomb, I recommend replacing those spells with "Mage Bomb" which will automatically cast the one you are spec'd for.

Now, I'd like to ask for help on a macro. I want a macro to do the same for the other tiers.
    Something along the lines of:

/cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Pyroblast
    if speced into PoM
    /cast Ice Floes
    /cast Fireball
    if spec'd into Ice Floes

or something like;
    /cast [@party1] Ice Ward; Ring of Frost; Frost Jaw

I have been switching my talents around quite a bit, and I don't like having to re-write or change hotkeys every time I swap things around.
    You can't do that. The macro will stop at the first spell, whether or not you are specced into it. There is no way for a macro check to see if you have a talent. You can check for specs, like:
    Code:
    /cast [spec:1] Ring of Frost; [spec:2] Frostjaw
    Unless there is a base spell like Mage Bomb. There may be a macro command that will cast whatever spell you have in a talent tier, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-09-28 at 09:48 PM.

I need help creating a macro: I want to make a Scorch macro that on [button: 1] casts Scorch and on [button: 2] cancels Scorch.
    What I though up went like this:
    "#showtooltip Scorch
    /cast [button: 1] Scorch
    /cancel [button: 2] Scorch"
    But it obviously doesn't work.

I need to cancel scorch because when my Fireball crits I need to cast Inferno Blast and get the free Pyroblast but I'm already casting Scorch, and if I let it cast then it screws up the mechanic. But i'm sure everyone already knew why I wanted it...

Edit: Ok that was easy I just added: /stopcast [button: 2]
    I have another question now though: Why do we need all the macros with spam protection? When I click on a spell/ability and then click it again right after it doesn't automatically stop casting it, in-fact the second time I click it nothing will happen? Is this feature in the interface menu or something? Thank you.
    Last edited by AWC 3117; 2012-10-06 at 01:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never understood why people had /stopcasting macros... Never used them... except for a few exceptions.. It's just about timing You can hit esc pretty easy if needed...

Here's some of my macros.. Probably some are same from around here..

Code:
    END
    MACRO 16777223 "Ice Block" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark"
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast Ice block
    END
    MACRO 16777218 "Intellect" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark"
    #showtooltip Dalaran Brilliance
    /cast [button:1] Arcane Brilliance
    /cast [button:2] Dalaran Brilliance
    END
    MACRO 16777219 "Invisibility" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark"
    #showtooltip Invisibility
    /stopcasting
    /cast Invisibility
    /run for i=1,40 do local n,_,_,_,_,d=UnitBuff("player",i) if(n=="Invisibility" and d==20) then CancelUnitBuff("player",i) end end
    /stopmacro [exists]
    /targetlasttarget
    END
    MACRO 16777246 "Kill shot" "Ability_Mage_ColdAsIce"
    #show Icy Veins
    /cast Icy Veins
    /use 14
    END
    MACRO 16777230 "Living Bomb" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark"
    #showtooltip
    /use [target=mouseover,harm,nodead,exists][]Living Bomb
    END
    MACRO 16777222 "Mana Gem" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark"
    #showtooltip
    /use [button:1] Mana Gem
    /cast [button:2] Conjure Mana Gem
    END
    MACRO 16777217 "Mount" "Ability_Druid_ChallangingRoar"
    #showtoooltip
    /cast [nomounted,flyable] Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher
    /run if not(IsFlyableArea()and IsMounted())then CallCompanion("Mount",4) else Dismount()end
    END
    MACRO 16777228 "Polymorph" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark"
    #showtooltip Polymorph(Turtle)
    /castrandom Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Black Cat), Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph
    END
    MACRO 16777247 "To the Vale!" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK"
    /cast [button:1] Portal: Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    /cast [button:2] Teleport: Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    END
    MACRO 16777224 "Water Elemental" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark"
    #showtooltip [@pet,nodead,exists]Freeze;Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [@pet,dead] Summon Water Elemental
    /stopmacro [@pet,dead]
    /cast Freeze
    /petattack
    END

I am a complete novice when it comes to these things so I hope I don't ask questions that has been asked to many times.
    Is it possible to get a macro where i just spam the same button 3 times and have it cast PoM, my potion of choice and then alter time?

I would also ask since I sometimes have to play on the asian realms with some bad latency, so can I make a macro that checks if my living bomb is on the target when I cast living bomb, and if it is, to not cast it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    I would also ask since I sometimes have to play on the asian realms with some bad latency, so can I make a macro that checks if my living bomb is on the target when I cast living bomb, and if it is, to not cast it.
    No. /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Never understood why people had /stopcasting macros... Never used them... except for a few exceptions.. It's just about timing You can hit esc pretty easy if needed...
    :P I play with my Razer Naga and have both Counterspell and Spellsteal bound with stopcasting macros; it's just a matter of quality of life since it's less buttons to press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    I am a complete novice when it comes to these things so I hope I don't ask questions that has been asked to many times.
    Is it possible to get a macro where i just spam the same button 3 times and have it cast PoM, my potion of choice and then alter time?
    The servers are down so I can't test it to be 100% sure but this should be possible using:

/cast Presence of Mind
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast Alter Time

The sequence here mid-fight would be: get your heating up and hot streaks up --> macro --> pyroblast --> pyroblast --> macro (spam it if you want) --> pyroblast --> pyroblast

I don't think you should use this macro for a pull, though, because it will preclude you from using a (potioned) hard cast pyroblast. Also I can't see how this would help your lag problems because it requires a bit of finesse. There's no spammable one-button method of doing what you want, since a second press of the macro will activate the rewind function of Alter Time.

(edited to reflect that potions aren't on the GCD)
    Last edited by azzgunther; 2012-11-14 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azzgunther View Post
    The servers are down so I can't test it to be 100% sure but this should be possible using:

/cast Presence of Mind
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast Alter Time

The sequence here mid-fight would be: get your heating up and hot streaks up --> macro --> macro --> pyroblast --> pyroblast --> macro (spam it if you want) --> pyroblast --> pyroblast

I don't think you should use this macro for a pull, though, because it will preclude you from using a (potioned) hard cast pyroblast. Also I can't see how this would help your lag problems because it requires a bit of finesse. There's no spammable one-button method of doing what you want, since a third press of the macro will activate the rewind function of Alter Time.
    What this macro will indeed be doing (I believe) is popping PoM (it is not on the GCD), potion (not on GCD), and then alter Time in 1 button push.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein