Thread: Mage Macros

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Call me bad but I dont use macros. I press one and two, three when im moving, and bind my CD's to Shift-1-2-3 and click buttons that are not often used (by me, maybe pro mages use Spellsteal on every fight)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

You use key binds then, they are good but macros help greatly in situations that require the attention of more than one target or a quick reflex (ie. /stopcasting // /cast Counterspell). Using Key binds in combination of some macros will effectively improve your game play, and increase your chances of achieving more as a class.
    Graduated Loremaster and soon to be Historian of Azeroth once the Cataclysm arrive.
    History, Mythology, Lore and Religion: in these topics my knowledge is shown... in-game and in the outside.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Nibelung

the game doesn't support conditionals based on buff status. best answer for me was to attach a sound to the proc of hotstreak in pwerauras so i didnt have to tunnel looking at a buff frame but could just listen for the "shot.mp3"

15+ Year Old Account
    i'll make a blanket response to the two posts above mine: would you like me to make a macro that moves your toon out of fires while still just mashing your main nuke? how about a macro that auto logs on and auto plays your character? how about i make a macro that kills bosses, loots the items they have, properly gems it, equips on you, enchants it, then moves your toon to the next boss?

damn it i hate these new forums sometimes. i was responding to the people looking for macros to use proc spells bound to their main nukes.

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Call me bad but I dont use macros. I press one and two, three when im moving, and bind my CD's to Shift-1-2-3 and click buttons that are not often used (by me, maybe pro mages use Spellsteal on every fight)
    okay, you're bad.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by sidphoenix View Post
    the game doesn't support conditionals based on buff status. best answer for me was to attach a sound to the proc of hotstreak in pwerauras so i didnt have to tunnel looking at a buff frame but could just listen for the "shot.mp3"
    I did the same thing in MikScrollingText. My speakers roar at me plus flashes above me in big bold letters HOT STREAK! with the icon next to it. Very hard to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothopti View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that will auto cast Hot Streak Pyro's when they proc. I know that the human reaction time is like .2 seconds, and even more than that when under the influence (lets be honest, we all raid a bit drunk from time to time). With Fireballs being like 1.8s, if a HS procs in the last 10-20% I end up missing it.

A macro that would be attached to my main Fireball nuke with some sort of "if buff = hot streak, then cast Pyroblast, else cast Fireball" would be awesome. I know the quote looks more like programming code, but I'm not an awesome macro maker lol.
    Stop being lazy. If you need a way to notice it (which is amazing since the buff is up like 8 seconds), use any mod capable of tracking procs. A few that come to mind: ForteXorcist, PowerAuras, NeedtoKnow, Mage Nuggets, Scorchio, MSBT.... and way more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about being lazy or not. Having a macro that casts pyro during Hot Streak would be a direct DPS increase for us, since he takes human reaction time and game latency out of the picture. Without that macro, you can risk overwriting Hot Streak, something we try to avoid as much as we can.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to make.

actually if you prepare well there is literally no way that you would ever overwrite hotstreak single targetting outside of the condition of massive haste cooldowns. Stand 30 yards away so that you can cast 2 instants before the fireball hits(first one being LB refresh and second being Pyroblast). that is the worst case scenario for overwrites. If you keep track of when you have a single stack of crit you will always be able to get it off. Since it procs on land rather than on cast(unlike missile barrage) you're jst tryin to get around poor reaction time. If you are during bloodlust then yes it would be a dps increase, but since you are so hasted there, you do not have nearly as high priority on Living bomb over fireball.

only time it should be rough is a fight like marrowgar if you lust off the top while standing right under him. There you can't take advantage of flight times.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on your latency. Personally I have around 200-300. That means that from when the second crit lands, it takes up to 0.3sec for the proc to show up on my computer. Add brain lag on that (everybody has it) and you can easily miss procs. The macro isn't vital, but it would definitely help when playing on sub-optimal conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    It's not about being lazy or not. Having a macro that casts pyro during Hot Streak would be a direct DPS increase for us, since he takes human reaction time and game latency out of the picture. Without that macro, you can risk overwriting Hot Streak, something we try to avoid as much as we can.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to make.
    Thanks for a human, non flaming response. Truth be told, I use Scorchio and Power Auras and do really good dps. I'm just watching top 10 guild mages beat me by like 2-3k dps on same fights and was curious if there was an OP macro like the one I suggested in use, or if its simply a combination of better gear/shorter fights from higher overall raid dps/better skill. This response answers my question and I thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for a human, non flaming response. Truth be told, I use Scorchio and Power Auras and do really good dps. I'm just watching top 10 guild mages beat me by like 2-3k dps on same fights and was curious if there was an OP macro like the one I suggested in use, or if its simply a combination of better gear/shorter fights from higher overall raid dps/better skill. This response answers my question and I thank you.
    Most mages getting top parses are doing it under ridiculously good circumstances. They have innervates enough to not risk having to evocate, ever. They have tricks and PI up most of the time. They have spellstolen buffs that are very powerful. All this coupled with BiS or close to BiS gear.

Now I'm not saying all parses are done under all these circumstances. But if you don't have any of these privileges, you should not be ashamed for only being 2k after on WoL.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you ever watch logoz play, you know how little skill is involved when buff feeding is concerned.

no seriously, the dude cancels fireball casts by jumping to use hot streak. no fucking joke.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    if you ever watch logoz play, you know how little skill is involved when buff feeding is concerned.

no seriously, the dude cancels fireball casts by jumping to use hot streak. no fucking joke.
    Couldn't find any of his videos on either google or youtube. Link please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Couldn't find any of his videos on either google or youtube. Link please.
    they took the videos down, but i can re-upload them even though i think that's unconsitutio-oh fuck it, i'll post em later.
    BfA Beta Time

Well then logoz is really bad if he does that I don't care how good you think he is, its better to just finish your fireball and add the pyro at the end of it, canceling a mid fireball to use hotstreak is def a dps loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmetal View Post
    Well then logoz is really bad if he does that I don't care how good you think he is, its better to just finish your fireball and add the pyro at the end of it, canceling a mid fireball to use hotstreak is def a dps loss.
    i don't think he's good at all. being spammed with PI, tricks, innervates, and salvs would put any mage at the top of the meters.

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 03:30 AM ----------

video 99% done processing. stay tuned for awesome mage skillzors.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasje View Post
    Still waiting! ;-)
    it was a 22:51 minute video which i so brilliantly forgot to edit for youtube length, so after the entire process of uploading and processing was complete, youtube went FUCK YOU ASSFACE and said the video was rejected.

ffffuuuu
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    it was a 22:51 minute video which i so brilliantly forgot to edit for youtube length, so after the entire process of uploading and processing was complete, youtube went FUCK YOU ASSFACE and said the video was rejected.

ffffuuuu
    Only people without beta do stupid mistakes like this.

Deleted
    All CDs in One Button:

#showtooltip
    /cast Mirror Image
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Arcane Power
    /use 13
    /use 14

Uses both trinkets, whatever you've got, and cast all CD's. Important Mirror Images on the first place because it triggers GCD.