Thread: Mage Macros

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm 90% sure that potions are on the GCD. If so it won't activate the entire macro in one press. I wanted to test it but didn't count on today's maintenance going for 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by azzgunther View Post
    I'm 90% sure that potions are on the GCD. If so it won't activate the entire macro in one press. I wanted to test it but didn't count on today's maintenance going for 12 hours.
    negative, they are not

I haven't read through the whole thread so forgive me if someone else has already brought this up but has the castrandom for Polymorph been working for anyone else?

I had a macro in Cata for sheep, pig, turtle, and cat that worked fine, just fine but after MoP came out, it would only cast one of them. And not even a random one at that. First it would only cast turtle, so I removed turtle but then it would only cast pig. So, I removed pig and then it only cast sheep so I just left it alone and just used regular Polymorph.

Well, I decided to try again and it did the same thing, only casting one of the Polymorphs instead of randomizing. I'm using the macro that was provided in this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    MACRO "Polymorph"
    Code:
    #showtooltip Polymorph(Turtle)
    /castrandom Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Black Cat), Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph

is what you're looking for.

I'll add this, because many people been asking about talent macros..

MACRO "Shield Barrier"
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Temporal Shield
    /use Ice Barrier
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Shield Barrier", G"Temporal Shield" or G"Ice Barrier")
    Switches icons for you based on talent.. modify as needed
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("MACRO NAME", G"Spell", G"Spell" or G"Spell") if you use all 3
    Last edited by spaace; 2012-11-30 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    MACRO "Polymorph"

#showtooltip Polymorph(Turtle)
    /castrandom Polymorph(Turtle), Polymorph(Black Cat), Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Rabbit), Polymorph

is what you're looking for.
    Ah, thanks. It's been rough not being able to turn critters into random animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I'll add this, because many people been asking about talent macros..

MACRO "Shield Barrier"
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Temporal Shield
    /use Ice Barrier
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Shield Barrier", G"Temporal Shield" or G"Ice Barrier")
    Switches icons for you based on talent.. modify as needed
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("MACRO NAME", G"Spell", G"Spell" or G"Spell") if you use all 3
    Thanks for the macro, but for the 3 it doesn't work. It should be:
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("MACRO NAME", G"Spell"or G"Spell" or G"Spell")

EDIT
    Is there a way to make this work when only pressing certain modifiers? Like with:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift]Ring of Frost; [mod:shift]Frostjaw; Frost Nova
    To have the tooltip change depending on which spell is active while holding 'shift', but to show the nomod spell the rest of the time?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-11-30 at 10:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Is there a way to make this work when only pressing certain modifiers? Like with:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift]Ring of Frost; [mod:shift]Frostjaw; Frost Nova
    To have the tooltip change depending on which spell is active while holding 'shift', but to show the nomod spell the rest of the time?
    I'm not sure how to force it to do it with that code, but I've been using http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentspellmacro to replicate that function.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2012-12-08 at 10:18 PM.

I was wondering if it is possible to have an Alter Time macro that allows us to smash it without activating the "return" part. !Ice Block works on preventing double tapping IB, but doesnt work on Alter Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible to have an Alter Time macro that allows us to smash it without activating the "return" part. !Ice Block works on preventing double tapping IB, but doesnt work on Alter Time.
    Well thats because pressing ice block a second time normally doesn't cancel it like it does with alter time. Honestly if you're having problems click it instead. I click my cd's and I even changed my ice block macro so the second click cancels it instead of needing a modifier.

If you could put an "if" parameter in the macro so that it doesn't work if the alter time buff is up that would be the easiest way to do what you want but I'm not sure if you can do that. You could then just put in a cancel modifier like the ice block macro.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-12-16 at 01:47 PM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Well thats because pressing ice block a second time normally doesn't cancel it like it does with alter time. Honestly if you're having problems click it instead. I click my cd's and I even changed my ice block macro so the second click cancels it instead of needing a modifier.

If you could put an "if" parameter in the macro so that it doesn't work if the alter time buff is up that would be the easiest way to do what you want but I'm not sure if you can do that. You could then just put in a cancel modifier like the ice block macro.
    It's fine that you click and all, but the least you can do is to not advice others to do the same.

To answer Rhodianni: I think this should be possible, but would require a script macro which is much more complex than what we usually deal with here. I'd suggest asking for help in the Macros and UI forum, they're real pros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    It's fine that you click and all, but the least you can do is to not advice others to do the same.
    It depends on wether we're talking pvp or pve. I understand having everything bound for pvp but there's nothing wrong with clicking in pve. I thought we were well past the clicking anything = noob.

To be clear I was only saying you should ever click some cd's. I only click alter time, mirror images, icy veins, time warp. Just the ones with long cooldowns.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on wether we're talking pvp or pve. I understand having everything bound for pvp but there's nothing wrong with clicking in pve. I thought we were well past the clicking anything = noob.

To be clear I was only saying you should ever click some cd's. I only click alter time, mirror images, icy veins, time warp. Just the ones with long cooldowns.
    You're always at a disadvantage when clicking, and whether it's only a small disadvantage or a big one, it's bad advice.
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're always at a disadvantage when clicking, and whether it's only a small disadvantage or a big one, it's bad advice.
    If your not using your mouse for anything else and its easier than bending your hand in a contorted way that you can't do reliably is it still a disadvantage?

Unless there's a technical reason like the server responds quicker to keypresses over clicking I don't see how clicking could always be a disadvantage.
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    If your not using your mouse for anything else and its easier than bending your hand in a contorted way that you can't do reliably is it still a disadvantage?

Unless there's a technical reason like the server responds quicker to keypresses over clicking I don't see how clicking could always be a disadvantage.
    There's your problem. If you have to do that, you're not keybinding properly. You should always have your mouse ready for movement and camera control for situational awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's your problem. If you have to do that, you're not keybinding properly. You should always have your mouse ready for movement and camera control for situational awareness.
    I only use 11 keybindings which obviously isn't enough so I click some things. I was only giving one example.

You use the keys to move unless you are just moving fowards which means using the mouse to click some things while moving is sometimes viable.

From a ranged dps's perspective needing to change the camera and move is generally fairly predictable so it's more of a personal preference than a requirement.

Its about personal preference and neither way is definitly superior. Unless you are having trouble moving or changing the camera with the mouse because you're clicking abilities there's nothing wrong with clicking a few.
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope you're trolling at this point. With proper keybinding moving with your keys limit you to move in 5 directions, how one can justify playing like that, I do not know. It is sometimes viable, but not always viable and certainly not reliable. Perhaps it is generally predictable, but not always, so you will want your mouse on the ready. It is not about personal preference. One is sometimes viable and works when your predictions are correct in generally predictable situations, and one is fail-safe. You can boil it down to preference, but there is no question that one of the options is vastly superior, and there's well enough evidence to back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to canceling Ice Block: I put "/cancelaura Ice Block" into my main attack spell and invis macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope you're trolling at this point. With proper keybinding moving with your keys limit you to move in 5 directions, how one can justify playing like that, I do not know. It is sometimes viable, but not always viable and certainly not reliable. Perhaps it is generally predictable, but not always, so you will want your mouse on the ready. It is not about personal preference. One is sometimes viable and works when your predictions are correct in generally predictable situations, and one is fail-safe. You can boil it down to preference, but there is no question that one of the options is vastly superior, and there's well enough evidence to back it up.
    Well we have very opposite opinions and we will obviously not be able to agree on the matter. Let's just stop now since this obviously isn't going anywhere.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-12-16 at 10:33 PM.
    Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    I raid in a pretty competent guild that has been progressing quickly for raiding 2 nights a week. We have a guy who clicks all of his abilities (including 1,3,4,etc). He manages alright but you can tell on heavy movement single target fights he struggles because instead of being near the top on single target fights hes near the bottom. Makes me wish heroic raiding included more advanced movement so that it would really challenge ppl to move spontaneously without warning. I just think that ppl that on one hand have the attitude that they want to be a heroic progression raider, but are unwilling to teach themselves to type should be more penalized.
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewswami View Post
    I raid in a pretty competent guild that has been progressing quickly for raiding 2 nights a week. We have a guy who clicks all of his abilities (including 1,3,4,etc). He manages alright but you can tell on heavy movement single target fights he struggles because instead of being near the top on single target fights hes near the bottom. Makes me wish heroic raiding included more advanced movement so that it would really challenge ppl to move spontaneously without warning. I just think that ppl that on one hand have the attitude that they want to be a heroic progression raider, but are unwilling to teach themselves to type should be more penalized.
    There's an enourmous difference between clicking everything and just a few cooldowns.

If the person in your raid team is a melee then they are going to lose a lot more dps by clicking everything then a ranged would. In the end though if the person does good dps and isn't holding you back (not the case in this instance from what you've said) there's no need to force them to change.

If you have a spot on a raid team that can manage to progress at all don't forget you're actually quite lucky and in a fairly small group of wow players.

Humans in general are opposed to change and some more than others. I know from my own experience in wow that sometimes you just have to accept that the way you're doing something isn't the best and you have to change it to improve. The difference is wether you can get to this stage and accept the change.
    Armory