Thread: Mage Macros

Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Cool Mage Macros

Mage Macro's===

A quick little collection of the forums and my macro knowledge. Not seeing a lot of other mages contribute with stuff like this nowadays, so I've taken my time to upload a few of my own. Hope ya'll can find some use for them ;-).

Polymorph random
    #showtooltip Polymorph
    /castrandom [harm] Polymorph(Rank 4), Polymorph(Pig), Polymorph(Turtle)
    /stopmacro [noharm]
    /rw polymorphs %t.
    /emote polymorphs %t.
    This macro will cast a random of your polymorph spells on your current target if its enemy, then announce the target through emote and Raid Warning. If you've got any polymorphs to add, you should put a [,] after Polymorph(Turtle) and just shift click the name in from your spellbook. If you miss any of the polymorph spells i have supplied the macro with, remove them immediately, as the macro will bug if you include spells you dont have access to. {If you enjoy focus targets as much as i hate them, you may insert a [mod, @focus, exists] after castrandom to cast on focus target instead}.

Instant Ice Block
    #showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast Ice Block
    Tbh, this one needs no further explanation. This should already be in every mage's macro repertoire.

Insta Counterspell
    #showtooltip Counterspell
    /stopcasting
    /cast Counterspell
    Same as previous macro.

Blizzard
    #showtooltip Blizzard
    /cast !blizzard
    Blizzard, just with spam-security implemented.

Mana Gem
    #showtooltip [mod] Conjure Mana Gem; Mana Gem
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Conjure Mana Gem
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /use Mana Gem
    A macro for joining together the bindings for Mana gem. First click conjures. Second click uses. *NOTE: When the gem is below 3 charges, you'll have to move if you want to use the gem or it'll just result in refilling your stacks.*

Water Elemental <3
    #showtooltip [@pet,nodead,exists]Freeze;Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [@pet,dead] Summon Water Elemental
    /stopmacro [@pet,dead]
    /cast Freeze
    /petpassive
    /petattack
    The notorious cooked down WE macro. Just this time it's in a much more awesome version than I've ever seen/encountered elsewhere!.. Just... Just try it!

Ice Lance w/ cancelaura
    #showtooltip Ice Lance
    /cast Ice Lance
    /dismount
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cancelaura Slow Fall
    /cancelaura invisibility
    As an alternative to attaching this to my Ice block macro I enjoy having it attached to somewhere easily accessible. You have access to them just as easy as if it was bound to the same key, but you avoid the 'Oops' situations where you've desperately been smashing your IB binding for the entire duration of a counterspell, only to cancel it seconds later, when it was supposed to save your arse. Also includes dismount, cancel invis and cancel slowfall.

Slow Fall
    #showtooltip Slow fall
    /cast [@mouseover, raid] [@player] Slow fall
    Casts slowfall on mouseover-target if able to, else will cast slow fall on you self.

Remove Curse
    /cast [@party#] Remove Curse
    Credits to 'Skarrd' : This macro's intention is, unlike a lot of the others on this list, not to save space on your actionbars, but what it does is, it saves u a lot of time in arenas! You'll need to create instances of this macro for the number of teammembers in your arena team (ideally 4) and insert their respective numbers where the # is at. Then clicking each macro will dispell your mates regardless of your current target/mouseover/etc.

Living Bomb
    #showtooltip Living Bomb
    /cast [@mouseover, harm] [ ] Living Bomb
    Credits to 'Skarrd' : Casts living bomb on your mouseover target if its hostile, casts living bomb on actual target otherwise.

AoE rotation
    #showtoltip
    /cast [modifier:shift] !Flame Strike
    /castsequence !Blast Wave, Dragons Breath, Flamestrike
    Standard AoE rotation. Hold shift for free-casting flamestrike.

Spamable Arcane Missiles
    #Showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Missiles
    Credits to 'Teckdragon' : Spamable Arcane missiles, you should also put this parameter into your arcane blast macro if you, like me, use abx4am and dont go fishing for mb proccs above 4 stacks, else you're much more likely to get some stupid accidental breaks on your am.

Arcane Movement Macro
    #showtooltip Arcane Barrage()
    /castsequence [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] reset=3 Arcane Barrage(), Fire Blast(), Arcane Barrage(), Ice Lance()
    Credits to 'Teckdragon' : Puts all your instant cast spells in 1 button and will automatically cast whichever isn't on cooldown.

Improved Invis
    #showtooltip Invisibility
    /stopcasting
    /cast Invisibility
    /run for i=1,40 do local n,_,_,_,_,d=UnitBuff("player",i) if(n=="Invisibility" and d==20) then CancelUnitBuff("player",i) end end
    /stopmacro [exists]
    /targetlasttarget
    Credits to 'Teckdragon' : Spamming this buff won't accidentally remove the buff before the 3 second timer is up. Additionally, you can spam it the entire way through because it doesn't cause you to lose your target. Take Putricide for example: When you invis to avoid the tear gas, repeated spamming of the button will allow you to quickly regain your target and keep dpsing without having to orient yourself first. In theory, it's designed to save a few precious seconds.

Focus spellsteal
    #showtooltip Spellsteal
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /cast [@focus] Spellsteal
    Credits to 'Doriangray' : Makes current target focus and spellsteals your focus target.

[Edit: 05/12 09: Added a few macros. Tidyed up some explanations]

[Edit: 06/12 09: Added images to thread.]

[Edit: 03/2 10: Revised post. Added moar macros]

[Edit: 23/3 10: Removed awesome naruto macro as it seems to bother some ppl :<]

[Edit: 21/4 10: Added a few new macros]

[Edit: 15/9 10: Updated op, shit looked horrible :<]

[Edit: 03/02 11: Updated/removed macros bcuz Cata is here - Thanks Koltak]

Please do continue reading, as this thread contains many more macro's than the ones I've taken my time to post up here.^

*Please note, that i do not claim this to be a complete set of macros for any mage (raiding/pvp), the intention with this thread is just to discuss and share macros.
    Last edited by ololo; 2011-02-03 at 08:19 PM. Reason: updated some macros for cata

Re: Macro'es

/cast [target=party1] Remove Curse

Good for arenas so you don't need to mouseover/click players to decurse. Requires multiple macros with different numbers after party, of course.

/cast [target=arena1] Polymorph

Macro for sheeping without targetting/mouseover, much like a focus macro but can be used on moe than just a static target like a focus macro is restricted to. Can be used with any spell obviously.

/cast [target=mouseover, harm] Living Bomb; [harm] Living Bomb; Living Bomb

Casts Living bomb on your mouseover target if there is one, and on your actual target otherwise.

/cast [button:1] Dalaran Brilliance; [button:2] Dalaran Intellect

Raid buffs on left click, single buffs on right click.

Quote Originally Posted by ololo
    FlamestrikeCasts flamestrike rank 9 on first click, rank 8 on second. Also includes spam security, so you won't be able to toggle it off while spamming the macro furiously ^^.
    Purpose being?

Quote Originally Posted by Herrbrun
    Purpose being?
    stacking the GBAOE portion.

"/yell KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU
    /cast Mirror Image"
    Can't play without this one to save me when I pull aggro.

"/cast Presence of Mind"
    /cast Arcane Blast"
    Self explanatory

"/Use Mana Sapphire
    /cast Arcane Blast"
    Why make things harder than they have to be?

"/whisper (insert name of half afk Paladin)
    BLESSING OF KINGS PLEASE BLESSING OF KINGS PLEASE BLESSING OF KINGS PLEASE BLESSING OF KINGS PLEASE BLESSING OF KINGS PLEASE BLESSING OF KINGS PLEASE NUB"
    This is one I use to annoy the paladin who blesses wisdom/might

"/whisper (insert disc priest)
    Power Infusion, I CHOOSE YOU (or something just as lame"

I dno, I don't have many interesting macros =(

Re: *MACRO COMP*

Please don't spam garbage in a very good thread. ^

Quote Originally Posted by mirages
    Please don't spam garbage
    Imo man, it's better to "spam garbage" in an attempt to contrib, than just rack up postcounts by peeing on other playa's attempts .
    Quote Originally Posted by mirages
    in a very good thread. ^
    <3 :I

Another polymorph macro - I can't remember when the last time I used it was (it might not work anymore), but what it does is when you cast polymorph it whispers anyone with the same target as you warning them about it. Could be modified for any spell.

#showtooltip
    /cast Polymorph
    /stopmacro [noexists][dead][nogroup][noharm]
    /run for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()-1 do local u,t="raid"..i,"target"if UnitIsUnit(u..t,t)then SendChatMessage("Polymorphing %t !","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u))end end

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    /cast [target=party1] Remove Curse

Good for arenas so you don't need to mouseover/click players to decurse. Requires multiple macros with different numbers after party, of course.
    Since you're most likely with the same people, wouldn't a target=<name> macro be more useful?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    Since you're most likely with the same people, wouldn't a target=<name> macro be more useful?
    Yeah, but I run 2's and 3's so the names change depending on which I'm doing so I'd have to switch it up.

Deleted

Very useful in arena to allow quick sheeps regardless of target or focus target is

Same goes, of course, for arena2-5, where the number represents your opponent in the arena frame from top(1) to bottom. Binding these to, let's say, F1-5 or alt1-5 is very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    Tbh, 90% of the times I use my remove curse, it's because I see it on the debuffs list of my party members rather than them calling out for it. And in that way, it's just as intuitive to click a macro according on their placement in the bar system, rather than using a name macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Very useful in arena to allow quick sheeps regardless of target or focus target is

Same goes, of course, for arena2-5, where the number represents your opponent in the arena frame from top(1) to bottom. Binding these to, let's say, F1-5 or alt1-5 is very handy.
    Might add this macro, but as most arena frames have a much better function for sheeping without loosing target/focus etc, (the click profiles in gladius), where you'll just have to click a frame to sheep the target, I'd prefer to take that function over this macro anytime

Re: *Mages Macros*

Bamp. changed topic name.

Deleted

The following should be commonly used in combination with Heroism/Bloodlust if you need to blow all your cooldowns on one boss/target. It's nothing else than a combination of all abilities you can burn in one macro, instead of having to click them all manually. Don't shoot me if the order is wrong; doing this from the top of my head

/use [Trinket of epic damage]
    /use [Potion of Speed/Wild Magic]

This obviously assumes you have Icy Veins from the Frost tree and at least one on-use trinket. The potions are optional as you might already have used another one before, depending on the situation. Ofcourse, you could add other damage-improvement items, as there are quite a few on-use items and/or consumables you might prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    The following should be commonly used in combination with Heroism/Bloodlust if you need to blow all your cooldowns on one boss/target. It's nothing else than a combination of all abilities you can burn in one macro, instead of having to click them all manually. Don't shoot me if the order is wrong; doing this from the top of my head

This obviously assumes you have Icy Veins from the Frost tree and at least one on-use trinket. The potions are optional as you might already have used another one before, depending on the situation. Ofcourse, you could add other damage-improvement items, as there are quite a few on-use items and/or consumables you might prefer.

If i recall correctly, Mirror image triggers GCD, so it should go last. And you forgot Arcane power. Soo:

/cast Mirror Image

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

here.

this post will give you all the macros you'll ever need.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73339182&sid=1

sorry for the long link...

Quote Originally Posted by TLuraxle

If i recall correctly, Mirror image triggers GCD, so it should go last. And you forgot Arcane power. Soo:

/cast Mirror Image
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Arcane Blast

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio

#showtooltip Slow Fall
    /cast Slow Fall
    /use [Engineering Enchanted Boot Name]
    /yell It's not flying, it's falling! .. With STYLE!

/stopcasting
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Berzerking
    /cast Arcane Power
    /use [Trinket]
    /cast Arcane Blast

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ololo
    [color=#434345][i][size=13pt]Water Elemental[color=red] <3[color=#ff7700]The notorious cooked down WE macro. Just this time it's in a much more cooked down version than I've ever seen/encountered elsewhere!.. Just... Just try it! <3
    Very, nice thread! Thanks.

But what does the Water Elemental macro do? ???