Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mp5 loot should go to healers first... fallacy?

This is something I don't get. Yes, Mp5 is a healer-oriented stat, but that doesn't mean a healer gets any extra regen from their new loot.

Say you've got one healer and a caster dps - both of them are using a 550sp weapon with 50 crit rating and 25Mp5. They run an instance and a 650sp 50 crit rating 25Mp5 weapon drops. So suddenly everyone goes "omfg healer wepaon!!!111 it got mp5". But why should the healer get it first if it doesn't give them any more Mp5?

Re: Mp5 loot should go to healers first... fallacy?

because it still has mp5, a caster dps would benefit more if an item would have haste or hit, or maybe even more crit than before.

15+ Year Old Account

Because the dps was using a weapon with parts of the item budget spent on a bad stat? :
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Deleted

So the DPS shouldn't get the item because the stat is mostly wasted, even if its a clear upgrade? Don't make sense to me at all, in the example both the healer and dps gain 100sp.

not only should you determine who would benefit from it more (heals or dps) but you should also look at what the stats are on it. if it has MP5, It may end up going to a shammy or pally before a priest or druid because they get alot of regen from spirit plus spellpower.

OMG WHY SHOULD A TANK GET A WEAPON WITH 212 DPS JSUT COS IT HAS DEFENSE ON IT.....

Seriously tho, u fail if u use mp5 as dps

Turn it around - what if the mp5 on the loot was hit rating?

In the current design of the game, healers get a negligible return on any hit rating, so they don't gear for it.

Same thing with casters and mp5.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    So the DPS shouldn't get the item because the stat is mostly wasted, even if its a clear upgrade? Don't make sense to me at all, in the example both the healer and dps gain 100sp.
    And what happens when the same weapon with +hit instead if 25mp5 drops the week after ? Please learn to think ahead instead of whining about something that is this obvious...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Forgive me if I'm being overly cynical, but this is a thinly veiled "Im a caster DPS and my raid leader wouldnt give me this weapon and gave it to a healer instead. Now Im looking for support from the WoW community to prove him wrong".

Bad luck, because you arent going to get that support here.

What youre neglecting is, while yes, it is an upgrade for you, the weapon is not well itemised for you. In the same tier of content - whatever you are doing - there will be a weapon which is well itemised for you. If that drops from the next boss you down, then you will have an MP5 weapon you will no longer use and your healer is screwed out of a damn good weapon.

This arguement can go around in circles for days.

Have a look in other forum threads about who should get what gear. My personal favourites are "Should Boomkin roll on cloth?", "Should fury warriors roll on leather?" and "Should Holy Pallys be allowed to roll on anything that isnt plate?".

Everyone has an opinion and invariably their opinion is whatever benefits the class they play the most.

Extract your head from your backside and see that it benefits your RAID GROUP (you know, those people who helped you get the gear youve already got) more for the healer to have that weapon, then wait for your turn to come around and /roll when something that is actually decent for you drops.

George23

Epic Fail thread .

15+ Year Old Account

mp5 ring from Lord J is BiS for Arcane Mage apparently ;D

But the thing is, would you let a healer roll on a hit dagger (Sword, mace, w/e) that is an upgrade for you?

Also, whoever said Mp5 for Shamas, Paladins > Priests, Druids, don't forget Disc Priests : (

Deleted

The only caster I play is a healer. This doesn't make the looting any more logical. I just want to know why people think that bad itemisation means anything when the upgrades are exactly the same - both get 100sp but some guy gets a useless stat too. Just because it has Mp5 doesn't mean that there is an upgrade to it somewhere.

I hope you're trolling, otherwise I hope you learn not to be greedy and take things not itemized for you.

This is why blizzard is dumb from changing it from healing to all around spell power.

Because idiots can't tell the difference this way.

If there were no healers in the group then yes, the item is an upgrade for you and it's fine that you use it.

However, because it benefits a healer more.. it should go to them- because you as a DPS have a wider array of stats that you can use.

Like the aforementioned HIT RATING. You don't see healers using Blade of Taresque.
    DND: I can not find my blinding powder.

for exactly the same reason a healer doesn't benefit from a weapon with + hit,

i thought this was very obvious!!!!! mp5 crit haste = healer crit haste hit = dps

When dealing with new progression content, healers and tanks are the most important aspects of the raid. They should get the upgrades first and foremost. The biggest stresses on most encounters is the dps failing to adapt to new damage mechanics, ie fires, aoe, etc etc. The only way to fix this is to have healers able to cope with these new unforeseen spikes in damage. If healers and tanks can't survive/heal through an encounter than there is zero chance you will get through the encounter. Most regular enrage timers are extremely forgiving and can be accomplished with mediocre dps, especially with the WOTLK philosophy of allowing everyone to see and experience all content. If DPS is slightly slacking you can still make it through the encounter. Carrying an under-geared or under-skilled healer or tank through progression content is usually not an option.

I'll bite the potential troll

Sure, casters can use mp5 gear. If it's an upgrade for you even despite the mp5, roll on it, bid on it, officer award it, whatever.

But think about it before you do it, is someone else who has contributed as much as you getting a bigger upgrade because of better allocation of stats? If that's the case, should you care about the raid more and pass it?

There's no definite answer, and the general rule of thumb is don't be a douche and/or lootwhore, think about keeping others in your raid happy as well (which goes well with progress, surprisingly)
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Most (good) healers have already enough mana reg to never become OOM. even on hardmodes we never had mana issues or needed Innervate.
    mp5 is not "bad" for any dps caster because he has more mana to use. my moonkin has a few mp5 items as well and my innervate is always ready for a healer who needed Rebirth.

If the caster has mana issues it may be a very good item for him. if not, it's good for DPS too. (if it is an upgrade not just 5 spellpower more)

And there are many dps items without +hit and you dont need it with t9 (no +hit gems needed anymore and still over cap) at least as druid moonkin.

Following your logic a Hunter should take two handers from warriors/paladins, axes/swords/daggers from shaman and rogues.

Because weapons are just stat sticks right?

Hunters that aren't total douchebags will pass on the previous and rogues/warriors will pass on bows/guns/crossbows- if they aren't.. like I said.. douchebags.

Forgive the vulgarity, but it accentuates my point.
    DND: I can not find my blinding powder.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkan
    Forgive me if I'm being overly cynical, but this is a thinly veiled "Im a caster DPS and my raid leader wouldnt give me this weapon and gave it to a healer instead. Now Im looking for support from the WoW community to prove him wrong".

Bad luck, because you arent going to get that support here.

What youre neglecting is, while yes, it is an upgrade for you, the weapon is not well itemised for you. In the same tier of content - whatever you are doing - there will be a weapon which is well itemised for you. If that drops from the next boss you down, then you will have an MP5 weapon you will no longer use and your healer is screwed out of a damn good weapon.

This arguement can go around in circles for days.

Have a look in other forum threads about who should get what gear. My personal favourites are "Should Boomkin roll on cloth?", "Should fury warriors roll on leather?" and "Should Holy Pallys be allowed to roll on anything that isnt plate?".

Everyone has an opinion and invariably their opinion is whatever benefits the class they play the most.

Extract your head from your backside and see that it benefits your RAID GROUP (you know, those people who helped you get the gear youve already got) more for the healer to have that weapon, then wait for your turn to come around and /roll when something that is actually decent for you drops.
    I'm with this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Hunters that aren't total douchebags will pass
    So what you're saying is, ALL hunters are douchebags?