Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aff vs. Destro in 3.3 (In terms of RAID bosses, not trash / instances)

After all is said and done, which will be better?

I understand certain fights will favor one over the other indefinitely, but I'm asking a more general question.

Is it worth trying to understand how to play aff now for 3.3?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Re: Aff vs. Destro in 3.3 (In terms of RAID bosses, not trash / instances)

If you're dedicated, dual specc it and switch based on which boss you're on.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa
    If you're dedicated, dual specc it and switch based on which boss you're on.
    Yeah, my current dual-spec is PvP destro for the Faction Champions (Because that fight sucks some serious ass for Warlocks, so I grab damage reducers and soul link)

But I dont mind changing ti for IC
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Lots of targetswitching / quick dying stuff where burst needed: Destro. Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper , Gunship Battle, Saurfang, Blood Princes, Valithia the Dreamwalker.
    Single target, longer nuking phases: Affliction. Rotface/Festergut/Putricide, Lanathel.

I have no personal experiences about Sindragosa, but I'd say affliction is viable.

So far it's not really promising, but hey. At least there are some fights where affliction can shine.

And on a bit of a side note, if anyone could link a PvE competative Aff spec it'd be greatly appreciated

--edit--

as well as glyphs and a rotation

I'm a total noob when it comes to aff -_-

--edit--again--

and any addons that may be useful

(I'm sorry for the butchering of the English language I may have done here, in a bit of a hurry.)

www.spinatlantic.com

www.elitistjerks.com

Theres all the information on your class, specs, itemization, rotations, you will ever need to know in your life

^^^^ Above poster gave you all the info you could ever need. ^^^^^

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/ just to make it even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Medle
    www.elitistjerks.com

Theres all the information on your class, specs, itemization, rotations, you will ever need to know in your life
    No....Noo..NOOOOOO!

EJ isnt the bible! It can provide the basics but to live your life by it? foolish!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...ukai&gn=Amicus

Been running afflic since 3.0

The patch changes will be pulling the 2 points out of demonic power and putting them into Imp Felhound, and Glyph of Quick Decay will replace Glyph of CoA
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrus
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Psyhikes
    No....Noo..NOOOOOO!

EJ isnt the bible! It can provide the basics but to live your life by it? foolish!
    I no longer stand on hot surfaces thanks to EJ. No more standing in fire for this guy. I am regaining the feeling in my toes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin
    After all is said and done, which will be better?

I understand certain fights will favor one over the other indefinitely, but I'm asking a more general question.

Is it worth trying to understand how to play aff now for 3.3?
    Just my opinon here but you should learn how to play all lock specs regardless of fotm talent builds. Affliction is not that difficult, especially now. You never know when your raid might ask you to switch for any number of reasons.

Also EJ is good... and there is a plethora of good info on this site if you search (or even scroll down).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

10+ Year Old Account

Well me being a Bias Warlock, I say Affliction just because i love affliction. I know how to play Destro and Demo, Destro feels like im on my Mage, and Demo i feel like a hunter for some reason. Affliction feels like a Warlock is my opinion. So Affliction all the way!
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Nefario
    ...Also EJ is good... and there is a plethora of good info on this site if you search...
    Yeah. Just don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris
    Yeah. Just don't post.
    You have something against EJ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna
    Most people here would rather not get abused in public infraction messages, castrating us for:
    A) Not posting regularly and therefore not understanding the rules 100%
    B) Being human
    C) Not having a 100% understanding of the topic at hand

If I want cold calculated logic, I'll read the site and perhaps contribute if I have something of merit. If I want to get beaten, insulted, flayed, and spit on, there's people I can pay who will make that experience much more enjoyable.

Edit: Yes, I understand that the rules are relatively simple, but the week-by-week judicious/lax interpretation of said rules by some specific members of the administration makes it difficult for some individuals (not myself) to want to frequent the site. Instead they come here for the dissemination of the exact same info, at a much more "average person" level, but without having to deal with textbook Asperger's.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    If I want to get beaten, insulted, flayed, and spit on, there's people I can pay who will make that experience much more enjoyable.
    Its true a nice lady will do all of that for around 300. Plus you get to be paddled and called scum. Safe word of the day is, Constantinople.

Heh.. you guys are still paying for it. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna
    EJ has a ton of information, pretty much anything you want to know, probably has been answered. On the other hand the atmosphere over at EJ, is well, elitist. That's not really surprising considering the name of the website, but there is a wealth of information there.

With that said, all the information is stored in 3-4 super-massive-never-ending threads, so finding information that isn't outdated, is well, next to impossible. Seriously, whoever thought that having only one thread per spec was a good idea needs to be taken out back and beaten with a bat. I posted a question in the 3.3 SC thread first stating that the demo SC results were wrong, and got an official warning saying that my question had already been answered "a few pages back" in the thread. Awesome, after spending 2 hours searching through the 100+ page thread, I finally found the post the mod was referring to, and it didn't even answer my damn question. Needless to say, I've completely stopped going there, if I wanted to get bitched at, I'd have a conversation with my wife.

Just refrain from posting stuff about your toon specifically, and how you think 625 haste works out better than 637 considering the hair colour of you imp.
    The best way to handle things is to read the threads regularly, if you jump in and say begin your post by "well, I didn't take time to read the other pages but...", things will get complicated (did that once, swallowed my pride after the ban, and try to offer constructive input in the demonology thread now).

Make short concise posts that answers questions or add something to the debate. And hopefully you'll not end up in the thread of ultimate suck with a three-day ban

Nothing guaranteed though

One other thing about EJ....once something is put out by them...they tend to generalize (this is always better)...which in several instances is incorrect, such as firestone vs spellstone for dest locks...Gman knows what im talking about. EJ has gotten better with disclaimers but not 100%