Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Holy 51/0/20 spec - Sacred Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk00
    critting all the time keeps you from having to cast holy light as much, saving you a ton of mana
    What? How do you figure?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

i mostly spam FOL, hitting an 8k+ crit on that for 1/3 the amount of a holy light is pretty bangin, and if you can do that almost every time, if your tank isnt taking an asston of damage, youll have mana to spare if huge damage is incoming.

it all depends on your playstyle, raid makeup, 10 or 25 man, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag
    i have 2 retadins with DS in my 25ppl raid and one in my 10ppl raid, so i have 51/2/18(i don't know any boss where raid needs 3 DS in 25ppl or 2 DS in 10man). spend one gcd every 30s can be a bit annoying but it's not dangerous to tank because avoidance now is pretty high, and your tank will most likely don't take 2 attacks in a row. druid treeform aura doesn't stack with imp Devotion. 1k armor is nearby 1-2% damage reducing for tank. 3% healing is... very small bonus.

summary: personally i prefer 51/2/18 since i have 1-2 retadins in my raids, but if you have not, roll 51/20.
    lol imp. DS is good for holy palas since thhey absorb more.
    First i was also 51/0/20 i wen to 54/17/0 and its so much beter. but it takes some times to get used to it.

i mostly spam FOL, hitting an 8k+ crit on that for 1/3 the amount of a holy light is pretty bangin, and if you can do that almost every time, if your tank isnt taking an asston of damage, youll have mana to spare if huge damage is incoming.

You know I might even succed in healing 10 man ToC with a ret spec in ret gear (10k FoL crits with a decent hot are doable) - but as soon as you're doing anything, that needs real healing your tiny FoL will never keep the tank alive, even if they crit and chances are EXTREMELY high, that you won't crit for 4+ times in a row (unless you are over 90% crit).

how was that flash spamming working for u in 25 icc last night? i had 5.5k ehps on first boss and i cast maybe 10 flash of lights.

tanks get piss pounded.

(small guild, only do 10man) also, werent able to get into any instances last night reliably, which is besides the point. the OP never mentioned anything about doing ICC, he was just curious about a secondary spec.

my point. why give advice about best spec from doing 10 mans and old content?

I'm 51/5/15 and am almost always at the top of healing. I don't have mana problems, my heals do what they need to...I've never had any complaints. I almost always outheal any other healers I work with....meters don't matter, but people don't tend to die when I am their healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alla
    I'm 51/5/15 and am almost always at the top of healing. I don't have mana problems, my heals do what they need to...I've never had any complaints. I almost always outheal any other healers I work with....meters don't matter, but people don't tend to die when I am their healer.
    this man is right, i was 51/0/20 i top healing meter, now i just respec to 53/17/0 still top healing with 30% on lady whisperer 25man and 50 % on saurfang 10 man( possible for pally with beacon on the right target is the one with mark of fallen champion and then shield the other one with mark). A good healer must have the the ability to predict who will be the next one to take damage ( like locks , mages, aggro whore etc) so u can cast heal : FoL , Shock or HL on them even before they get hit, also what healing spell to do at the right time, like u shouldnt do a holy light on a mage when his hp is at 5-10% and expect them to live longe nuff for your HL to land( they probably will die before that HL land), that case Shock him or FoL 2 time then HL.

u can have the best spec in the world and dont know when to heal and what spell needed at what moment then its still useless
    Both spec are great but i prefer 53/17/0 cuz we got an boomkin druids aura that give me 5% crit chance and i think i can live with 37% crit.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...master&group=2

You should be 51/5/15 - END OF DISCUSSION

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lulatulul
    You should be 51/5/15 - END OF DISCUSSION
    You should not be posting - END OF DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by Sushimaster
    this man is right, i was 51/0/20 i top healing meter, now i just respec to 53/17/0 still top healing with 30% on lady whisperer 25man and 50 % on saurfang 10 man( possible for pally with beacon on the right target is the one with mark of fallen champion and then shield the other one with mark). A good healer must have the the ability to predict who will be the next one to take damage ( like locks , mages, aggro whore etc) so u can cast heal : FoL , Shock or HL on them even before they get hit, also what healing spell to do at the right time, like u shouldnt do a holy light on a mage when his hp is at 5-10% and expect them to live longe nuff for your HL to land( they probably will die before that HL land), that case Shock him or FoL 2 time then HL.

u can have the best spec in the world and dont know when to heal and what spell needed at what moment then its still useless
    Both spec are great but i prefer 53/17/0 cuz we got an boomkin druids aura that give me 5% crit chance and i think i can live with 37% crit.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...master&group=2
    Yes. Listen to the guy who is 0/5 TotGC and hasn't killed Yogg on any difficulty.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Yes. Listen to the guy who is 0/5 TotGC and hasn't killed Yogg on any difficulty.
    10 man Tribute to Insanity is nothing to you?

But still 4/5 Holy Guidance and 2/2 Unyielding faith seems questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo

Hardly. 10-man content is only serious business if you are in 10-man gear.

I dunno, he seems pretty pro. We should definitely take spec advice from someone who isn't using EITHER of the seal glyphs.

I started playing WoW this year, i remember when Ulduar came out i wasn't even lvl 80 if i remember correctly, no guild and was'nt really good either, and for TotGC, cant never got to do it since guild dont have enuff peoples thats geared and able to do it,

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo

But still 4/5 Holy Guidance and 2/2 Unyielding faith seems questionable.
    Yea lol Unyielding faith is for my personal taste when running dungeoun, that 30% make me get out of fear fast enuff to get to heal peoples, remember mobs on last boss of DTK, UK? and also i like to do bg so that 30% fear reduction helped, plus in the past i used to lose to lock most of the time in dual , so this talent helped me beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushimaster
    Yea lol Unyielding faith is for my personal taste when running dungeoun, that 30% make me get out of fear fast enuff to get to heal peoples, remember mobs on last boss of DTK, UK? and also i like to do bg so that 30% fear reduction helped, plus in the past i used to lose to lock most of the time in dual , so this talent helped me beat them.
    What I got out of this is that you're too lazy to respec for PvP. Or too cheap to buy a second spec. Regardless, your success in 10 ToGC does not validate your poor talent choices. What it means instead is that beacon is incredibly effective, and in ToGC a holy paladin is important enough that you could probably do whatever you wanted with your remaining 20 points after you pick up Beacon and still be successful. Insanity 10 is not hard.

Listen to Firecrest. No experienced, respectable holy paladin runs without Divine Guardian. The regen you get from crit has been nerfed sufficiently enough that it does not justify losing the only raidwide damage reduction cooldown in the game. Aura Mastery is another talent you really need to have, for similar reasons.

Can you get along without them? On many fights, sure. Can you save raids from wiping with them like no other class can? Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    What I got out of this is that you're too lazy to respec for PvP. Or too cheap to buy a second spec. Regardless, your success in 10 ToGC does not validate your poor talent choices. What it means instead is that beacon is incredibly effective, and in ToGC a holy paladin is important enough that you could probably do whatever you wanted with your remaining 20 points after you pick up Beacon and still be successful. Insanity 10 is not hard.

Did u see am also spec as ret? Its good to have a change from time to time, u know healing then dps as offspec in instance or some easier raid, its refreshing=)7

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson

Listen to Firecrest. No experienced, respectable holy paladin runs without Divine Guardian. The regen you get from crit has been nerfed sufficiently enough that it does not justify losing the only raidwide damage reduction cooldown in the game. Aura Mastery is another talent you really need to have, for similar reasons.

Can you get along without them? On many fights, sure. Can you save raids from wiping with them like no other class can? Yep.
    Are u talking about me ? cuz i have D.G and aura mastery.