Thread: ICC 10 man

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: ICC 10 man

Will be running with the same setup we use for 10man ToGC runs.

Tanks: Warrior (Prot/Prot), Druid (Feral/Feral/Cat/Tree)
    DPS: Paladin (Retri/Holy), Hunter (Suv/BM), Shaman (Enh/Resto*Swaps resto, frees up Ele shammy if ranged is needed), Warrior (Fury/Arms), DK (Frost/Blood). *Would replace the Warrior for a rogue but meh*
    Healers: Paladin (Holy), Shaman (Resto/Ele*6th dps if 2 healers), Druid (resto) *Druid ain't always there so running with Priest (Disc/Holy)*

We chose to use a melee based team simply cos there's not a lot of waste buffs. Though low on ranged dps can hurt us at times I agree but works out just fine for ToGC runs and we got options to use incase we need more ranged.

To provide every buff and maximum DPS :

- Paladin Heal ( Provides Blessings , Allround Group and Melee splash healer )
    - Priest Heal ( Providing Stamina , highest dmg reduction on Tanks )
    - Rogue ( Mutilate , Provide Raw DPS )
    - Ret Paladin ( Provide 3% haste , 3% dmg , 3% crit ( alrdy included in Rogue ) )
    - Feral Druid ( Provide 5% melee crit , self heal on crit , MotW Stat boost , Combatrezz )
    - Mage ( Raw Range DPS , 3% crit for Healer and himself or Warlock for increased DPS )
    - Warlock ( Raw DPS , Healthstones , Soulstones )
    - Enhancement OR Elemental Shaman ( Comes down to personal preference , Enhancement provides best melee support with skilled earth strength + Windfury , Elemental Provides 5% Caster crit + 5% Spellhaste. Even though I prefer Enhancement , because we have more melees and the Tanks profiting from the Totems. Additionaly , casters don't scale as much with 5% crit and 5% haste , like the melees do with 20% haste and about 200 str and agility + 10% increased AP )
    - Paladin Tank ( Obviously best MT/Addtank overall for ICC , provides additional Blessing )
    - Warrior Tank ( Providing HP shout , advantage due to to block based Tank )

In case of needing a 3rd Healer , swap Retri to Holy ( provides the smallest loss of DPS ( 3% haste ( 3% dmg will be provided by arc mages too with 3.3 ) ). Let the Shaman swap to resto would be a bad Idea because in the case of an enhancement shaman , the melee dps would suffer extremely. Priest stays at Tank for mitigation and as for Pallys , they can swap between melee splash heal and aimed heals combined with an awesome Healsupport ( or high overheal ) on the Tanks due to two flames and their flexibility.

Although you have to say that ICC 10 man normal mode will be almost faceroll for every half skilled player , not depending on a perfect setup. Crucial would be at least 1 Paladin for BoK and Shaman for Heroism.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    To provide every buff and maximum DPS :

- Paladin Heal ( Provides Blessings , Allround Group and Melee splash healer )
    - Priest Heal ( Providing Stamina , highest dmg reduction on Tanks )
    - Rogue ( Mutilate , Provide Raw DPS )
    - Ret Paladin ( Provide 3% haste , 3% dmg , 3% crit ( alrdy included in Rogue ) )
    - Fury Warrior ( Provide 5% melee crit , Frees up BoK for every AP based damage dealer due to BS )
    - Mage ( Raw Range DPS , 3% crit for Healer and himself or Warlock for increased DPS )
    - Warlock ( Raw DPS , Healthstones , Soulstones )
    - Enhancement OR Elemental Shaman ( Comes down to personal preference , Enhancement provides best melee support with skilled earth strength + Windfury , Elemental Provides 5% Caster crit + 5% Spellhaste. Even though I prefer Enhancement , because we have more melees and the Tanks profiting from the Totems. Additionaly , casters don't scale as much with 5% crit and 5% haste , like the melees do with 20% haste and about 200 str and agility )
    - Paladin Tank ( Obviously best MT/Addtank overall for ICC , provides additional Blessing )
    - Warrior Tank ( Providing HP shout , advantage due to to block based Tank )

Although you have to say that ICC 10 man normal mode will be almost faceroll for every half skilled player , not depending on a perfect setup. Crucial would be at least 1 Paladin for BoK and Shaman for Heroism.

Replace your fury warrior with a feral druid for 5% crit, mini self heal aura and motw. u don't need BS with 3 paladins buffing

I have been running a fairly successful 10 man since Naxx. Our group has been the same since we started ulduar and we have our ulduar raider drakes, algalon down and are a couple more insanities away from the whole group having the TotGC wolves. That being said the group makeup is very flexible for having success in 10 man hard modes if the players are quality.

My group consists of:

Tanks:
    Pally(offspec holy), Warrior(fury off-spec)
    Healers:
    Pally, Druid, Holy Priest(shadow off-spec for 2 heal fights)
    DPS:
    Combat Rogue, Assassination Rogue, Ret Pally(myself), Marks Hunter, Elemental Shaman

The marks hunter is the most recent add later in ulduar, previously we had an arms warrior who quit the game. The Ele drops Melee totems because as a previous poster said, casters don't scale as much with those totems as melee do with the SOE and WF totems.

Something to add, if you really want a successful 10 man you will find 10 people who want to accomplish something. 10 players who are just "good" doesn't mean that you have 10 players who actually want to push for "server first" or complicated accomplishments and hard modes. The 10 people I lead every week are all friends and we legitimately enjoy hanging out with each other because we all have the same goal for our group.

Good luck with your setup and hope you see some success in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    - Enhancement OR Elemental Shaman ( Comes down to personal preference , Enhancement provides best melee support with skilled earth strength + Windfury , Elemental Provides 5% Caster crit + 5% Spellhaste. Even though I prefer Enhancement , because we have more melees and the Tanks profiting from the Totems. Additionaly , casters don't scale as much with 5% crit and 5% haste , like the melees do with 20% haste and about 200 str and agility + 10% increased AP )
    Hmm well Elemental actually provides 280 Spellpower and 5% chance to crit to all casters, and then another 3% all around crit to any enemies within the range of totem of wrath. Perhaps your mage is fire and is stacking scorches to override that part, but something else that I don't see mentioned is that Elemental can also drop down a non-talented 155 Str/Agil Strength of Earth being that we usually have that earth totem spot free.

Enhancement could put down flametounge totem for 144 spell power at the same time, but I'm pretty sure they're going to be selfish and keep searing/magma down.

My 10man group who has done all current 10man hard mode content consists of this:

Tanks:
    Druid
    Paladin

Healers:
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin

DPS:
    Fury Warrior
    Rogue
    Arcane Mage
    Shadow Priest
    Hunter

11th Man in case someone doesnt show:
    Unholy or Frost DK with a tank offspec

Everybody has appropriate offspecs to switch between what is needed.

Worked out so far for us, got a few 50 chest cloaks before ICC

So many anti-rets :'(

My guild cant do without me xD

Our 10man group thats done everything in the game so far including Algalon and a couple insanity runs:

Tanks:
    Druid
    Paladin

Healers:
    Priest
    Paladin

DPS:
    Fury Warrior
    Enhance Shaman
    2x hunters
    elemental shaman (offspec resto for 3healer fights)
    rogue

could group synergy be better? of course. but we're all best friends who play together and work around the fact that we dont have every possible buff.

take the player, not the class

warrior tank
    paladin tank

enh shammy
    fury warrior

shadowpriest
    arcane mage
    balance druid

resto sahaman
    holy paladin
    holy paladin

i know its wierd setup, but have dont insanity few times now and im feeling good about it in ICC

Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

15+ Year Old Account

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

3 healers in 10 man = dire.

considering the nature of atleast marrowgar, I'd go 2 melee 3 ranged first time in.

2 tanks: paladin+whatever just cus pallies are op
    2 melee: your 2 best melee, pref one buffing the other
    3 ranged: mage, lock, random with buffs (could also bring a hunter depending on the melee you got)
    3 healers: holy paladin, priest, resto druid or shaman

aslong as you get some kind of synergy going between the dps it's all good.

3 healers in 10 man = dire.
    idk how people can run all boses in togc10 with only 2 healers..

at jaraxxus and fract champs it seems imposible.

our comp that we like to run and have gotten 10man tribute to insanity 2 weeks in a row with is

MT: warrior
    OT: druid
    Heals: holy pally, resto shaman
    dps: elem shaman (me), destro lock, hunter, mage, boomkin, ret pally

tanks: pally MT and unholy DK as OT
    heals: shaman, pally, and druid/priest
    DPS: druid/priest (depends on what 3rd healer is), war, lock, mage, ???(whom ever i can find that puts out most DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Mushrøømz
    Replace your fury warrior with a feral druid for 5% crit, mini self heal aura and motw. u don't need BS with 3 paladins buffing
    Ever heard of Rampage?
    TONIGHT, WE'LL DRINK MILK IN HELL!!1!1

Tank:
    Paladin(me) -> roll holy if need 3rd healer
    Warrior -> roll dps for 1tank fights

Heals:
    Priest
    Druid

DPS:
    rogue
    warlock
    Mage
    Mage
    Ele shaman
    Shadow priest

This has been our group for TOGC insanity past 2months
    Tank Extraordinaire

if rogues remain un-nerf'd ,they might be required to make certain timers,b/c the timers were tuned assuming 1+ would be there

Quote Originally Posted by Parasha

Same way we used to run 2 healers for mimiron hard

Just comes down to the healers gear, how well they play and how much synergy there is between them an raid members.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasha

Oddly enough the toughest fight healer wise for togc10 is gormok and his dumb fire.. once you get beyond that 2 healing the rest is fine. In fact i find it easier to have an extra 6-7k dps than another healer and obviously some classes can help out a bit if needed.

offcorse if tank don't get 1shoted its posible to heal with 2 heals, but im talking about interrupt from mistress.. it can be at the same time on both healers + incarnate flesh on some1. at fract champs it easy to get silenced,getting locked by rogue, feared ect. im talking about these RNG situations. ofc you can never get silence from mistress or never get cc in fract champs fight.. then its easy.. but you really want to take those risks running insanity?