Poll: Which system do you plan to use as a raid leader?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New loot system vs Master looter

With 3.3 hopefully dropping tomorrow, I started thinking about the new loot system. Do raid leaders plan to use this system over master looter? With all the built in restrictions of the new system, do leaders even need master looter (besides need-based guild looting systems)?

Re: New loot system vs Master looter

what new system
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310
    Look at it this way. The elemental plane is tied to many different planes but is not a part of it.

Starbucks 1: Azeroth
    Starbucks 2: Outland
    Street: Elemental plane

So the elemental plane is connected to both the starbucks but the two starbucks arent actually connected. If im on the street I can either go to one side of the street and go into starbucks 1 or 2. But if I use a truckload of C4 to blow out the wall of starbucks 1 the place would be changed completely. Starbucks 2 however remains intact.

You really have to ask? Nobody sane would stick around for a PuG using the new Need/Greed system. All it does over the old one is enforce equipability and armour priority. It's not a replacement for ML.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris
    what new system
    Need before greed is enforced on random heroic pugs. It has nothing to do with raids with your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    You really have to ask? Nobody sane would stick around for a PuG using the new Need/Greed system. All it does over the old one is enforce equipability and armour priority. It's not a replacement for ML.
    This, indeed. ML will always be the superior system for raiding. I would NEVER be in a need/greed pug raid.

# Need Before Greed will now recognize gear appropriate for a class in three ways: the class must be able to equip the item, pure melee will be unable to roll on spell power items, and classes are limited to their dominant armor type (ex. paladins for plate). All items will still be available via Greed rolls as well as the new Disenchant option should no member be able to use the item.
    # Players will be able to roll on items with a required minimum level higher than a player’s current level.

i was just curious if raid leaders actually plan to utilize the system at all.

obviously there will be shamans that want to roll on cloth/leather, druid that will want to roll on cloth, etc... that will make people lean towards master looter

Quote Originally Posted by 1000cleverlines
    obviously there will be shamans that want to roll on cloth/leather, druid that will want to roll on cloth, etc... that will make people lean towards master looter
    Honestly I won't even be using the new system in heroics on a character that actually wants gear, well not unless he's a clothie.

Off-priority armour should never have been put at the same level as greed/DE. They should have implemented it at as two tiers of need instead.

I'll stick to groups assembled by hand from guild or /2 and use a sensible loot system.

Why complicate things? PUG=QQ.. about everything.. pally buffs loot tactics.. just go old fashion way..ML Ftw
    Be Thankful For Everything For Soon There Will Be Nothing

10+ Year Old Account

i was just curious if raid leaders actually plan to utilize the system at all.

No, because it won't stop ninjas. It lets you roll according to the armour you wear, not your spec though. Anyone could join a pug, say as a holy priest, and ninja some shadow gear, fucking over the actual DPS in the raid. It might not be that big of an issue, but when people are doing it over and over, people are gonna start QQing, so to avoid the QQ, they would use ML, which is what they would have used originally.

When you are in a situation where you are with a guild, Master Looter is the most fair way to handle the loot. You trust the looter to weigh the need of the guild and allow the players that want the item to discuss any positives to them gaining it.

The new system will work best in PuG raid situations, when everyone is out for themselves anyways. I actually think any PuG raids that form should be forced to use the new system, if at least to prevent Master Looters ninjalooting rare drops like Al'ar or the Grand Black War Mammoth. That is the only time I would like to see the new system forced in a raid setting, otherwise Master Looter is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis
    if at least to prevent Master Looters ninjalooting rare drops like Al'ar or the Grand Black War Mammoth
    i was just in a os10 3d group that used need/greed for the loot and won the black drake, so i agree in this sense.

at the same time, it seems like most people don't really believe in the new system (which the main reason seems to be people QQing). people QQ ALL THE FUCKING TIME. there's no way to stop that. so that reason aside, do you think you'd use it for practical use, because let's face it, there WILL be raid leaders that will try it out as soon as 3.3 drops, even if it's in naxx.

You do know need before greed isn't new right? It's always been there, you can use it now.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    You do know need before greed isn't new right? It's always been there, you can use it now.
    that was a stupid question.

does no one get that they revamped the need/greed system? or does this forum just have a bunch of people who like to bash other people's posts instead of having intelligent conversation?

I still prefer Group Loot for Guild raids. In a guild you all know each other and know how loot should be handled saves alot of time wasted with Master Looting. Master Loot is still the only way to do a pug and make sure things go fairly.

does no one get that they revamped the need/greed system? or does this forum just have a bunch of people who like to bash other people's posts instead of having intelligent conversation?
    Intelligent conversation? I lol'd. Welcome to MMO-Champion, naive one.

lol troll'd

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

It's barely changed. If you aren't using it in raids now, you shouldn't start.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis
    When you are in a situation where you are with a guild, Master Looter is the most fair way to handle the loot. You trust the looter to weigh the need of the guild and allow the players that want the item to discuss any positives to them gaining it.
    - We use group loot or FFA, Master looter is never needed on Guild raids. If you need ML inguild, you need to replace members
    - If you'd use this on pug raids, hybrids would just "ninja" every loot. Imagine holy paladin needing on every tanking and melee dps item, for example. New Need/Greed would allow that.
    - On special raids where people run for raremount and ML will ninja the mount that drops, all he needs to do is change N/G into ML just before boss dies. He's gonna ninja it anyways.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

There might be some confusion for some on how the new system will function. I still say ML is more reliable method, how ever they could always go onto the PTR and try it out for themselves