Poll: Which system do you plan to use as a raid leader?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New loot system vs Master looter

master looter sucks for pugs :-(

"you won the sword with a 100? gratz, but I'll be giving it to my GF/little brother/real-life-buddy who made an awesomazing 500 dps"
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    master looter sucks for pugs :-(

"you won the sword with a 100? gratz, but I'll be giving it to my GF/little brother/real-life-buddy who made an awesomazing 500 dps"
    This is why you only go on PuGs where the RLer is reputable or is a member of a reputable guild. On the other hand a need/greed pug you have to be confident that all 24 other people are trustworthy.

It's easier to find a trustworthy RL than a trustworthy raid.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm a little confused with how the change will take effect, especially for non-max-level dungeons. On my resto druid / resto shaman / holy paladin, I definitely picked up a few cloth pieces along the way to be able to instance heal, where nobody else in the group would have used the item. Or in a dps case, a hunter/enhc shaman may very well be able to use leather agi loot to replace a particularly outdated piece. Does the new system prevent that from happening?

Obviously, the person can still greed, but that requires the other four people in the group to pay attention and pass. If that one person automatically hits "disenchant" as soon as they see the loot window before someone has a chance to ask for the item, does the item get turned into a shard with no consideration for the person who would have actually used the item? Or does "need" just prioritize people who are the "correct" armor class, but still allow those who could potentially use the item a need roll at a lesser priority?

Does anyone have experience with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    On my resto druid / resto shaman / holy paladin, I definitely picked up a few cloth pieces along the way to be able to instance heal, where nobody else in the group would have used the item. Or in a dps case, a hunter/enhc shaman may very well be able to use leather agi loot to replace a particularly outdated piece. Does the new system prevent that from happening?

Or does "need" just prioritize people who are the "correct" armor class, but still allow those who could potentially use the item a need roll at a lesser priority?

Does anyone have experience with that?
    I don't usually do PTRs so I don't have live experience about it, althou we all see tomorrow. By reading mmo/blues about this system, it's clear that you can only roll on items of your armor proficiensy (mail as shaman, etc). I'm too lazy to find quotes for you, you can do that by yourself, but GC said you should communicate with your group if such lootdrop appears that you can't roll but you'd need it. You can still trade lootet items within party. If it gets sharded, thats bad.

As dps that aint big problem, mosty own armor class loot is the best choise or not too far from best. As healer this will be annoying, especially before northend. I have leveled 5 healers to maxlevel and most of them were geared in cloth/leather despite the class, since nothing else dropped.

What I suggest, is that you talk with your party when leveling healer: tell them about the system, that you can't roll on all the items you still need and they do great help if they trade such drops. If casterloot drops you can't roll on and there is no casters to need on it, most people should know to trade it to you.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

If you are using the new LFG tool for pugging, you do NOT have the option of master looter.
    You are forced to use the Need/Greed/DE system.

I'm all for it, it solves the issue of DK's looting cloth caster items and then selling them back to me because I really wanted it... assholes.

lol people don't use ML in guild raids?

You just roll need on stuff you want?

So you're not a real raiding guild, is what I'm getting.

Not using some kind of DKP system is terrible for actual raiding guilds. It's really impossible to find a group of 25+ people who don't just need roll on everything they need and actually pass on things for other people. Even some of the nicest people in my guild will kill each other over gear when we do off-night raids. Even the people who get gear because someone else was nice enough to pass on it for them, will not pass on gear in the same situation for that exact same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    lol people don't use ML in guild raids?

You just roll need on stuff you want?

So you're not a real raiding guild, is what I'm getting.
    Where did I say we don't use dkp. Of course we do. Our players are mature enough to NOT pressing need on every dropping item, but instead checking who has highest dkp of those who want it. Either by themself or RL doing it, it's like ML but with less clicking around. PLUS when you use group loot, nothing feels better than pressing need when you're king of the dkp ;D Of course you wouldn't see the value of this kind of system in place like ToC. There's no trash to clear, theres no time to be saved by faster looting system - oh wait, you do save time. Think any other instance, trash epics, most of the stuff going to DE (where DE guy can just press greed and keep clearing).

So, I am in real raiding guild. What's yours, kindengarten?
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji