... LastLast

Re: ICC, first 4 dead, Affliction is just peachy

Thank you Gherkin for being awesome. :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Impurath
    Thank you Gherkin for being awesome. :-*

15+ Year Old Account

I should also mention that my guildies deserve all the credit. I just disseminate the info.

WARNING: ICC IS UNPUGGABLE ATM. @#$% Saurfang will ~rape~ pugs. Deathwhisper trash will also ~rape~ pug healers.

R.I.P. YARG

Last night for us in ICC we downed all 4 bosses pretty easy in normal mode but yeah what gherkin said saurfang and death whisper = pug killers.

I specc'd destro for the entire instance and pretty much destroyed everything in single target dps, i was 5th on Marrowgar with 6.1k dps (100 dps under our aff lock), 2nd on Death Whisper with 7.8k dps, 6th with 6.7k dps on Gunship and 5th on Saurfang with 7.4k dps.

Destro is just as alive and well it was pre-nerf, conflagrate dot btw crits for about 1.4-1.5k and for most of the night it crit between 75-80% of the time, highest being 86% on deathwhisper so conflag dot does indeed inherit the 25% increased crit chance.

Also Lightweave now procs like a maniac like it did pre-nerf i was getting it proc from felarmor ticks.

4800 seems a bit low gherkin for full 245 on the dummy. I was doing 5.2-5.4k no sweat last night when I was monkeying around with the spec.

On a side note: Corruption-cleave is stupidly good dps now. Corr-tab-corr-tab-corr-tab, Rain of Fire, profit.

15+ Year Old Account

I agree, it's a bit low. But that was base - no elements. If you include elements, I was sitting at 5300.

And I'm rusty

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeefilter
    on refresh, it will pick up the current spellpower but NOT haste. haste is kept from the point when you first applied corruption. pretty nice
    ohhhhhhhh thats probably why they took away shadow word: pain from being affected by haste. it all makes sense now. so wtf blizz u going to fix this?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

15+ Year Old Account

A few people are reporting that Haste is getting refreshed.

I am at work, but in order to test this:

1) Get naked w/ glyph of quick decay
    2) Cast Corruption.
    3) Wait for eradication.
    4) When eradication procs, cast Haunt once (from point blank to eliminate travel time)
    5) Let corruption wear off
    6) Count the number of ticks. If you do this correctly, you should get 7 ticks instead of 6.

R.I.P. YARG

Has anyone picked up dark pact yet?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gerni
    Has anyone picked up dark pact yet?
    Why would you? Life tap gives you more mana for the same time cost.

R.I.P. YARG

Affliction sounds too interesting to not try right now, but I'm worried that I'll lose too much dps because of casting CoE due to lack of boomkins. Is this going to bone me?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Why would you? Life tap gives you more mana for the same time cost.
    Just looking ahead at the moment where damage may get more intense than previous encounters making dark pact safer to use than life tap. I don't know where I saw it but wasn't dark pact removed from the global cooldown? Or was that one of my dreams?

EDIT: Main reason I had asked was to see if the felhunter had become a mana battery with the change to the talent. With dark pact proc'ing the glyph of life tap as well as freeing up 2 talent points from improved life tap I might could see it becoming useful.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gerni
    Just looking ahead at the moment where damage may get more intense than previous encounters making dark pact safer to use than life tap. I don't know where I saw it but wasn't dark pact removed from the global cooldown? Or was that one of my dreams?

EDIT: Main reason I had asked was to see if the felhunter had become a mana battery with the change to the talent. With dark pact proc'ing the glyph of life tap as well as freeing up 2 talent points from improved life tap I might could see it becoming useful.
    No, it hasn't been removed, but if/when it does you can be damn sure I'll take it, even for half mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Affliction sounds too interesting to not try right now, but I'm worried that I'll lose too much dps because of casting CoE due to lack of boomkins. Is this going to bone me?
    No, but you lose the most damage out of the 3 trees by casting COE.

R.I.P. YARG

Dark pact scaling off of spellpower in a raid setting having 4k + spellpower makes the return from darkpact far more then lifetap (this will go even more in favor of Darkpact with the T10 gear being without spirit. Also your felhunter has virtually unlimited mana due to the shadowbite CD reduction. And you lose no health doing it.

The health thing is not that important though with hasted corruption siphon life can give you back 3-4k health/sec

15+ Year Old Account

... Last time I checked Dark Pact used 0% of your spell power. When did this change to 96%?

I retract my statement, Dark Pact is pretty badass.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Played affliction all but Surfang, was okey. Rly nice on Lady tho since I stayed on here the enire time. Affliction could have been real nice on mr dragon too if it wasnt for the crappy 30y range.
    Annoying that lolportal could not be cast at the last two bosses tho.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

I've got some screenshots of recount I'll post tomorrow for the first 4 bosses. This isn't to sound cocky or anything. I'm not so good or so geared that my numbers are amazing. I will be posting my numbers as an example that we're doing quite well as a class.

It was mostly an alt run, but I kept up with two hunters in near-full 258 gear, while I was in mostly 245 gear. About 700 dps less than them. And as Bakis said - Corruption, UA, Tab works wonders on trash. 13k on one pack for me (if you include Seed as well)

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

had 13k with seed alone, at least good old SoC make one spec have decent default AoE.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

could anyone post the talent trees used for dps tests?

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I retract my statement, Dark Pact is pretty badass.
    Tried it out last night and I love it as well. Felhunter was always at full mana and was returning a little over 4k mana to me. One thing I'm debating, however, is finding a way to get a point in Fel Synergy since he seems to be taking a lot of random damage and I have to rely on either health funnel or a nice healer to fill him back up. I'm wondering how much it would affect me to take a point out of the Imp Felhunter talent for a point in Fel Synergy.