Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Bryntroll, The Bone Arbiter : good for rets?

The subject says it all.
    I just got it, wondering if it's really worth or should I stick to Justicebringer (or get Quel'Delar).
    Naaren, Savior of Azeroth

when I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare unto the Sun...
    ...so once when I was six, I did.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Bryntroll, The Bone Arbiter : good for rets?

you're debating between a 255 dps weapon to a 296 dps weapon?

/endthread

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I debate the lack of any stat apart from a proc that I still know about.
    Naaren, Savior of Azeroth

when I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare unto the Sun...
    ...so once when I was six, I did.

You're going to want to use this thing. Easily the third best 2 hander around (second only to its heroic iteration and Shadowmourne). Why?

a) The procrate is along the lines of 25%. 106 procs out of 413 attacks (whites, CS, DS, and judgements).
    b) The proc scales with spell power. Not much, only by around 10%, but we have a fair bit of SP when raid buffed and it doesn't hurt.

The proc on this weapon counts from anywhere between 6% and 12% of my overall damage in fights. Cannot recommend highly enough.

it's a DK tank weapon ( im not trolling). If You don't have a dk tank in Your raid i think You have high enough prio to roll for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RSuddenly
    You're going to want to use this thing. Easily the third best 2 hander around (second only to its heroic iteration and Shadowmourne). Why?

a) The procrate is along the lines of 25%. 106 procs out of 413 attacks (whites, CS, DS, and judgements).
    b) The proc scales with spell power. Not much, only by around 10%, but we have a fair bit of SP when raid buffed and it doesn't hurt.

The proc on this weapon counts from anywhere between 6% and 12% of my overall damage in fights. Cannot recommend highly enough.
    This man is right, it's almost the best item for us. But to elaborate on what he said

a.) the proc rate is more around %15, but refreshing a stack of seal of Vengeance on a target counts as strike, so we as ret paladins in the end get alot more chances for the proc to occur
    b.) in addition to it scaling with spell power, it also scales with %damage based talents like the Vengeance talent and Curse of the Elements

i'd get it without even looking at its stats. Its just the coolest looking axe available so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RSuddenly

I have one. It's a very good weapon.

A) The proc rate is more around 15%.

B) It does NOT scale with spell power. It DOES scale with multiplying effects (like ret aura, etc.)