Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 3.3 Hotfixes, Blue posts

Recent In-Game Fixes - December 2009 - 12/9
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

To review previous in-game fixes, please visit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...77858456&sid=1

12/9/09
    • Onyxia has settled down and is once again killable and flying in the proper areas during phase 2.
    • Icetouched Earthragers casting Avalanche now deals appropriate damage.
    • The quest “Keeping the Enemy at Bay” is now completable.
    • Totems are no longer targeted by chain effects as intended.
    • The Death Knight chest piece, Scourgelord Chestguard, has been updated to reflect appropriate tanking statistics.
    • Emblem of Triumph quartermasters now exchanges one Emblem of Conquest for one Emblem of Triumph.
    • The NPC Usuri Brightcoin in Dalaran now exchanges one Emblem of Triumph for one Emblem of Frost.
    • Bosses no longer respawn in the new Frozen Halls 5 player dungeon after being defeated.
    • Scourgelord Tyrannus now heals to full when the encounter begins.
    • The chance for epic items to drop off trash mobs in the Icecrown Citadel raid dungeons has been reduced.
    • The chance for epic items to drop off trash mobs in the Frozen Halls 5 player dungeons has been reduced.
    • Running up the ramp at the end of the 3rd encounter in Halls of Reflection will no longer disconnect players. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...23843673&sid=1
    • Trading soulbound items will no longer make them appear as lost. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...23842445&sid=1
    • Improved Counterspell now triggers Burning Determination as intended.
    • The Call to Arms: Warsong Gulch daily quest is now properly offered to players of all levels.
    • The quest “No Mercy for the Merciless” can now be completed as intended.
    Icecrown Citadel Progression Update
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    As noted in game, the release of the Plagueworks in Icecrown Citadel occurs 28 days after patch 3.3.0 was released. After the Plagueworks is available, you will then wait less than 28 days for the next wing to become active. The extended length of the initial 28 day delay is simply due to the timing of the Holidays.

In other news, the initial number of attempts to defeat the major bosses at the end of each wing of Icecrown Citadel has been increased by 5. This means you’ll have 10 attempts for Professor Putricide, 15 attempts when The Crimson Halls are available, then 20 when the Frostwing Halls becomes attackable.
    Halls of Reflection Disconnect Issue Resolved
    Let me be the first to say "yay!". You can hug your local Gamemasters for taking the time to resolve this issue every time it was possible.
    [blizzquote="Bornakk;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/21723843673-halls-of-reflection-disconnect-issue-resolved.html]We have recently implemented a fix that allows players to walk up the ramp and open the item chest at the end of Halls of Reflection as intended. We are actively working through the tickets we received on this issue and will handle them as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience as we worked through this issue and apologize for any inconvenience. [/blizzquote"]

Deathbringer Saurfang Spawn Issue
    Originally Posted by Valnoth (Blue Tracker)
    We just deployed a hotfix addressing the spawning of Deathbringer Saurfang. You will need to soft reset the instance for the fix to take effect. Sorry for the inconvenience, all.

[...] Upon further review, the hotfix will require a server restart. I have no ETA on when we will be restarting the servers. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Patch 3.3 Inventory Issue
    A fix was implemented earlier this morning and this issue should no longer be occurring. Thank you for your patience.

--

There is an issue currently affecting the cross-realm dungeons when one player wins an item roll and then trades that item to another player who is from another realm. Under these circumstances, when leaving the instance the item may appear to be lost for some players. We expect this issue to be resolved as soon as possible, but want to remind players that they will need to have space available in the original backpack for the item to be returned when the resolution is complete.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Patch 3.3 Hotfixes, Blue posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

# The chance for epic items to drop off trash mobs in the Icecrown Citadel raid dungeons has been reduced.
    # The chance for epic items to drop off trash mobs in the Frozen Halls 5 player dungeons has been reduced.
    See, Blizzard don't want us all having free epics! xD

Good to see they're fixing the ramp issue in Halls of Reflection already as well.

Ty as always Boub for keeping us updated

Icecrown Citadel Progression Update
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    As noted in game, the release of the Plagueworks in Icecrown Citadel occurs 28 days after patch 3.3.0 was released. After the Plagueworks is available, you will then wait less than 28 days for the next wing to become active. The extended length of the initial 28 day delay is simply due to the timing of the Holidays.

In other news, the initial number of attempts to defeat the major bosses at the end of each wing of Icecrown Citadel has been increased by 5. This means you’ll have 10 attempts for Professor Putricide, 15 attempts when The Crimson Halls are available, then 20 when the Frostwing Halls becomes attackable.
    i like how they changed the limited numbers alrdy, without people even reaching those bosses and failing with the attempts in place :3

/sarcasm off

wait wait wait...so we can now exchange Triumph FOR Frost? That just seems really OP to me. I just blew 100 Triumph emblems last night

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Does the reduction of epics include the Hilt?

I just used all my Triumph badges today aswell this sucks : /

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsies
    wait wait wait...so we can now exchange Triumph FOR Frost? That just seems really OP to me. I just blew 100 Triumph emblems last night
    I think you'll find it means the vendor will now take your frost and give you triumph.
    Just how the triumph vendor now exchanges to conquest now, rather than having to go down to the sewers.

• Emblem of Triumph quartermasters now exchanges one Emblem of Conquest for one Emblem of Triumph.
    • The NPC Usuri Brightcoin in Dalaran now exchanges one Emblem of Triumph for one Emblem of Frost.
    Wait, seriously?! You mean... handing in Conquests for Triumphs, and handing in Triumphs for FROST?!!
    Damn... i've got over 100 conquest badges from Ulduar hard mode raids and stuff... full tier 10 here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk
    I think you'll find it means the vendor will now take your frost and give you triumph.
    Just how the triumph vendor now exchanges to conquest now, rather than having to go down to the sewers.
    This was already the case, as far am I'm aware.

10+ Year Old Account

This seems like Bornakk just typed it in wrong.

If not, woot.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

just to clarify this for people that aren't understanding, it means that you SPEND your emblems of frost to get triumph emblems, just like you spend your triumph to get conquests now this is not an "here, go exchange your 405 emblems of conquests for triumph, and then go change that to frost, and get full tier10 in 1 day"

he wrote it more like

(the vendor receives) one triumph in exchange for one conquest
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    - Give 1 Triumph, receive 1 Conquest
    - Give 1 Frost, receive 1 Triumph

Was it really that hard to figure out? :P

On topic, i'm glad Blizzard are on top of things, ironing out the bugs. Had problems on my shaman getting disconnected repeatedly at the end of Halls of Reflection.
    What you're saying is not what was said. Give 1 Triumph, receive 1 Frost.

I think it's pretty obvious that's not what Bornakk meant. It's Frost -> Triumph, Triumph -> Conquest. Bad wording, that's all.

The problem being it was written from the NPCs point of view not the players, the NPC does indeed exchange a Triumph for one of your Frost

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba

Emblem of Triumph quartermasters now exchanges (gives) one Emblem of Conquest for (the cost of) one Emblem of Triumph
    The NPC Usuri Brightcoin in Dalaran now exchanges (gives) one Emblem of Triumph for (the cost of) one Emblem of Frost.

Was it so hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account

You know just as well as I do that that is not the way people typically write things. The item being turned in is the first word after the word exchanges in most cases. They're just writing it from the point of view of the NPC, which is stupid.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account

Just to bring the issue to light on the "Saurfang not spawning" issue..
    Server restarts are slated for early-ish morning, according to a GM I spoke with.

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousNinja
    ty the end of that ridiculousness.

i'm glad blizz is ironing all the problems out so quickly. this patch was a big undertaking. grats to them for making it (relatively) smooth

Didn't see any difference in the exchange options from yesterday to today on Saurfang EU.