Confused about a raider's dps

Ok, I'm trying to help out a guildie. He is geared similarly to the rest of the guild, not way behind but not our best geared player. Yet he rarely tops 4.5k dps in our 25 mans an often is lower. This guy is an awesome guildie and I want to help him catch up.

I think his gemming is off, and I'm guessing he is using a less than perfect rotation. Can someone offer a critique of his gear/gemming/enchants and offer an ideal rotation?

Are there any easy gear replacements? From emblems or something

here is his armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ywall&n=Ekuban

thanks in advance for your help.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Confused about a raider's dps

Get us a Recount Screenshot or a wow combat log parse, as per link "Fix my dps" stickied at the top. Instructions to do so are in there.

Otherwise, we can only speculate about his gear and rotation and cant be accurate.

R.I.P. YARG

1. Too much hit, not enough haste.
    2. And the main hand is all wrong. Warlocks don't need mp5. But then again that might have just been an upgrade.
    3. Um tell him that he should gem for spell power and not worry about the socket bonus unless its a +5 spell power or more bonus.
    4. The intellect trinket isn't too good. Help him look for an upgrade, such as Abyssal Rune, which should be pretty easy to farm.

15+ Year Old Account

Changing meta to Chaotic Skyflare is another 200-300 dps.

R.I.P. YARG

1 Healing ring + HORRIBLE trinkets....omfg horrible trinkets...omg. You go into a raid with 14% spell hit...not 18.5%. He needs to replace BOTH trinkets ASAP.

Less-than-ideal enchant on weapon, wrong meta in helm.

Way, way, way low on haste.

If his gear(and he doesn't even have dual-spec...destro/afflict ftw) is this far off I can only imagine what his rotation is like :-\

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian
    1 Healing ring + HORRIBLE trinkets....omfg horrible trinkets...omg. You go into a raid with 14% spell hit...not 18.5%. He needs to replace BOTH trinkets ASAP.

Less-than-ideal enchant on weapon, wrong meta in helm.

Way, way, way low on haste.

If his gear(and he doesn't even have dual-spec...destro/afflict ftw) is this far off I can only imagine what his rotation is like :-\
    I'll relay the info about his gemming and enchants. His weapon was an upgrade from icc 5 man.
    so what IS an ideal rotation

Find ideal rotations at EJ

Perhaps the lower than expected dps is caused by bad internet connection or computer performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gog
    Find ideal rotations at EJ

Perhaps the lower than expected dps is caused by bad internet connection or computer performance?
    he says he normally runs between 100-200 latency with around 50 fps. He has not ben turning down his video settings for raids, but will begin doing so our next run.

I'll check up on his rotation and have him run a recount on a tes dummy after he fixes his gems/enchants. Thank you all for your help. Next time I will know to post in the fix my dps thread.

also looks like he match socket color (pure haste in yellow socket and the 10stat in the belt buckle)

Trinkets need to be replaced + meta gem and other gems, like said before.

He has more then 4% too much hit so the hit on the trinket gives him 0 dps increase. That means any other trinket is better. He can save it for when he goes below 14% hit rating.

10+ Year Old Account

you certainly know a lot about your "friends" CPU performance and character. is this "friend" you?

=P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    you certainly know a lot about your "friends" CPU performance and character. is this "friend" you?
    Does it matter? No, it doesn't.

R.I.P. YARG

the +10 stats gem in his belt is horrible.
    10int, 10spirit, 10 sta....

and the trinkets are horrible as well :-\

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Does it matter? No, it doesn't.

well you sure put me in my place! goodness! ...it was a joke...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth

=P

Lol, no I'm a tankadin.
    I just happen to be our recruitment officer, and when discussing our needs warlock dps came up, we have this guy and like him. He works hard and tries, so instead of replacing him we are trying to help him improve.

I work IRL with a mage, so I hear about things that affect his performance like latency so I asked Ekuban about his fps and latency. I think the info given so far will help greatly though. I'll let you know this evening when I give him your suggestions.

His problem is he’s what the typical wow player has become >.

He obviously focuses just on ilvl of gear and does not know/care about actual good and properly itemized gear.

With the amount of changes that he could apply to his character have him first go and actually read about playing a warlock. EJ of course has class specific threads that are usually very good. Look for something labeled Idiots guide to warlock or something. There was one for a kitty druid alt I read just before hitting 80 that instantly put me ahead of 90% of all other kitties, kind of sad really when greens beat epics.

AFTER reading about the class then have him use RAWR or a similar tool to list off all the changes he can make.

So in conclusion he hasn’t figured the class out on his own, have him go read about it. Have him fix his gear as is listed in numerous threads. Have him start looking for gear that is actually the best for him and not just the best ilvl he can get.

And yes he is probably lacking a proper rotation but reading the EJ thread should tell him what to do with that too.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.