Prot 4 piece plus?

I checked tankspot and EJ an did not see an answer yet to which item is going to be the plus in our 4 piece plus. Right now it's the crafted chest or towering monstrosity Heroic (or so I understand)
    does the chest remain the plus? Or will it be a different slot this patch. Anyone know yet?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot 4 piece plus?

Ehm, no.

Right now if you're going for Prot 4xt9, either you're going for 4 part of ilvl258 T9, or you're doing it wrong.
    If you're going for 4 parts ilvl258, then the off part is not the chest, it's the legs.
    T9 legs suck horribly. Horribly. Did I mention they suck horribly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock
    I checked tankspot and EJ an did not see an answer yet to which item is going to be the plus in our 4 piece plus. Right now it's the crafted chest or towering monstrosity Heroic (or so I understand)
    does the chest remain the plus? Or will it be a different slot this patch. Anyone know yet?
    wich tier? :P 9 or 10?

10+ Year Old Account

Maintankadin.com had the legs as the off-piece for 4pc T9.25+

Edit: Oops, had to double check 3.2.2 BiS guide.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    Maintankadin.com had the legs as the off-piece for 4pc T9.25+

Edit: Oops, had to double check 3.2.2 BiS guide.
    Yep, t9 leg plates were complete ass.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Yep, t9 leg plates were complete ass.
    BUT I NEEDZ MOAR BLOCK VALUEZ!!!11!1!

Well, I was talking about tier 10, I have 4 piece t9 245 ilevel. My guild is not to 25 heroics yet. I guess I was misinformed about the chest, but going forward what combination are you planning on using. Which slot will be non-t10?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock
    Well, I was talking about tier 10, I have 4 piece t9 245 ilevel. My guild is not to 25 heroics yet. I guess I was misinformed about the chest, but going forward what combination are you planning on using. Which slot will be non-t10?
    Legs again, comparing the total list of everything available. The 4 piece is worth pursuing in every level of content.

Thanks for the feedback, I am relatively new to the game(started my tankadin in April) and still have trouble when faced with options for 5 different slots. I can figure out what is better for rings/feet/belt/cloak but when you are trying to take the set bonus into consideration and which piece is best itemized for that slot versus which piece has this stat, and so all together this combo is best......well i get confused.

Too bad there are only 4 total heroic quality guilds on Skywall-US. Only 1 has downed Anub 25HM, and 3 have downed twins. Anyways I don't have much ability to access HM loot because, while solid on normal 25 raids, my guild does not yet have the coordination to complete the HMs. Maybe we'll have it figured out by the time Arthas is available.

Anyways, would you still go with Shoulders(chronalis) or legs(Offhand) if you took Heroic versions of the loot out of consideration? Or does the answer stay the same?