Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Paladin Healing: Spam HL for PvE?

3.1k sp sorry =D

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    3.1k sp sorry =D

OHHHHH lmao 31k lol ya i didnt even see catch on to that

Intellect is the primary stat Holy Paladins go for, doesn't matter if you use Flash of Light or Holy Light more in my honest opinion.
    Intellect gives Critical and Spellpower, so gemming for Spellpower or Critical isn't logical. On some fights you gotta spam Holy Light more frequently and Flash of Light won't always cut it. Spamming one healing button also is not very smart, don't depend on one spell. Run around away from fire, press Holy Shock, use it's 'Infusion of Light' to instantly heal someone or yourselfs up.

Use gems like Intellect 'yellow' Spellpower + Intellect 'orange' as primary gems. Keeping your stats balanced is also best way to go for. Spellpower comes from your gear, Intellect gems, and probably Spellpower enchants. Haste should be kept up around 15%, and Intellect, just gem for it, don't be afraid. Use all three healing spells, don't depend on Flash of Light alone. You got way too much tricks in your build.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

Quote Originally Posted by trixia
    What I meant in the referenced quote was that if you're using FoL more than HL, you're a waste of a healer in 90% of raid fights.
    Depends on the content and the fight. We four heal TOC25 normal and I use almost exclusively flash of light because the damage just isn't there now that our tanks are geared in 245s and 258s.

On the contrary, in TOGC25, I primarily use HL. But there are still times when I will toss out lots of flashes and shocks. For instance, healing the tank on Lord Jarraxus, even on heroic, does not require HL spam.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

The paladins job is to hold 2 tanks at once.
    As was mentioned earlier, some fights require to spam HL (Heroic Anub, Algalon), some maybe simplier, like jar or lady deathwhisper.
    Of course if you are 1 paladin on 2 tanks, expect to heal most by HL and from that perspective Intellect is far greater than other stats.

And what you get from SP? I have ~3.1k raid buffed SP. And I crit 60% for 19-20k.
    SP is giving you more healing per spell, but you might not need it actually. If you crit often you generate tons of overheal, and that isn't much needed. So I find myself comfortable with all intellect gems 12-13k regular HL heals and crits like above. And 43k mana pool let you do what you want.

Haste on the other hand I prefer 740-770 + 40 from food. Less than 740 ain't very fast to hold all tank damage.

15+ Year Old Account

If you don't like 1 button healing paladin isnt the way to go for you. Out of all healers paladin healing is the most spammy.
    And even with stacking intellect you can get a good chunk of spellpower

Quote Originally Posted by Chir0n
    If you don't like 1 button healing paladin isnt the way to go for you. Out of all healers paladin healing is the most spammy.
    more spammy than a shaman (who WILL be assigned to melee healing in 25s, otherwies your guild is doing it wrong)?
    hardly.

ot: if you use only hl you're doing it wrong.

gemming pure int and using your whole arsenal depending on the situation is the way to go.
    even if i can't afford anything but tank healing (eg anub25hc) it works best for me to alternate fol and hl for the most part, stick to fol when i know there's not a lot of dmg around and stick to hl when i see the tank taking spikes.
    during all of that i keep judge on cd and shock right after i judge.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

For the last posts between this and my former post, that was very helpful information, thank you. I know to use common sense when healing, meaning to utilize my arsenal of spells to give a good healing output. One of my greatest concerns was enhancing HL to the point where you don't even need FoL, but I am relieved that this is not the case. I also wouldn't consider Holy Paladins to be a "spamming" healer, but more of a perspective that we have a good amount of other abilities that enhance our healing spells. It's kind of hard to explain, but I think I got the point across, and again thank you guys so much for responding to this post in a respectful and helpful way.

10+ Year Old Account

you don't HAVE to spam HL, i mean if you go with a SP build like i'm trying out atm you can have 10k fols every second... which keeps tanks topped off just fine for me, and yes i have done icc 10 already and i'm sitting in all 245/258s minus my back cause i cant get one to drop. i did icc fine in this build and it works just fine spamming fol with the occassional HL when needed

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eden&n=Dillbag

the 4set holy is trying to bring holy shock back in to the equation, same withthe libram but imo im not gonna strive for the 4set cause its not need i already seem to have quick enough HL's and i cbf wasting a gcd/mana on making it faster. But i can see the benefits ie holy shock leading into a quick HL, but thats only when you;re tanking getting gibbed our you outa range and running in.

The libram is a whole outer story. i dont like it, i think we needed another regen libram seeing as we only have 1 lvl 80 one. But it can be good for FoL spammers if you keep 'the shock' up.

9k+ FoL at 0.93 sec casts ( server lag calcuated in) 1 sec flash heal spams. dont need much more to hold 2 tanks in most content =p

everytime i holy light, 10k of it goes to overheal anyways, FoL just fits in most boss encounters. But i still carry holy light libram to swap in for those fights i know is a HL spam.

HL spam is for no-brain people. Blizzard didn't make us with only one spell, l2 heal with all our tools.
    Pre-nerf Battlemaster

If you see me, run away, or it will be the last thing you'll ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by legendariuz
    HL spam is for no-brain people. Blizzard didn't make us with only one spell, l2 heal with all our tools.
    i tried to HL spam an entire fight once, think i ended up more over heal than effective healin lol. wasted mana is pro sauce!

Yea, when I gemmed for HL, I expected a decrease in Fol and HS healing, but I hardly noticed a change. What I meant in the referenced quote was that if you're using FoL more than HL, you're a waste of a healer in 90% of raid fights.
    Haste is another thing. I love it, but all the shit i get has NO HASTE!!! I have so much Mp5 that everytime I use HL I GET mana back (exageration, butchered the spelling, i know). One of the Holy Paladins in my former guild stacked haste until his FoL was under 1 second, and that was always what i aimed for, but there is very few gear that gives me haste, and I'm definately not gemming for it.
    My computer is too shitty to do much other than Heroic 10man stuff. I don't consider myself a bad healer by any means, either. I change up depending on the fight, however. Sometimes it's more FoL, sometimes more holy. I do have the Relentless Libram and have been trying out a more FoL-centric style of healing.