Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Why play a Shadow Priest?

Simple reason, i can run and spam improved DP till he dies, watching a melee trying to reach you while you can spam it, and when he finally reach you -> dispersion is priceless.

15+ Year Old Account

The other posters pretty much summed up the "I like to play the underdog spec and do really good with it" aspect allready so I'll just add this:

No matter what rag rug of clothes you are wearing, their colors completely mismatched, with shadowform you can go all MIB: "You know what's the difference between us? I make this look good."
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

because I like dps and priests have the best looking sets in most of the tiers :P

Quote Originally Posted by crazytaco
    Gosh you types get on my nerves. You don't "like healing or tanking" because it takes more effort and/or responsiblity. The only difference in personality is that you are too afraid to take on a role in which it is very evident when you fail. Or perhaps you just don't care enough about the people you run with to step up and take on a new task when its needed.

I'm sorry to vent at you (its not personal). My guild just has a lot of crappy dps'ers that dont carry their weight, and don't appreciate those that do the heavy lifting. And god forbid a healer is absent one night and the enhance shaman has to sub in with a resto offspec, you'd think his entire damn world was ending...

Well I've been raiding as shadow since Molten Core(vanilla shadow ftw!), I'm PVE/PVP shadow, even if i respecced my pvp side to healing I wouldn't compare to raid healers, I lack the practise, the UI, the gear... I'd be more than willing to try if my guild had no other options but I guarantee it wouldn't be pretty :P

If your dps'ers don't carry their weight get some better ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Crpzz
    Because we can do this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4YowwUGeEQ

And we rock at doing stuff like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev7nSebqZrU
    I don't get what either of those videos are showing, you can kite anub and then Disperse? Are you just gaining time for everyone else to kill adds?

As for the twins fight, the UI was so small I had no idea what the person was trying to show.

I lvl'd as holy from 40-70 and did not try out Shadow until near the end of BC. Once I hit 80 my 10 man team needed me as Shadow instead of Holy cause we were 2 healing everything, and so i do both. When needed as Heals, i heal, when needed as DPS I melt face.

Pure DPS is good for one thing only, killing stuff. Shadow brings utility. I have found on some raids I have been 6-16% of the healing for the fight. If that % helps keep the tank or DPS alive longer that means we clear instead of wipe.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

By combining hop + dispersion you can basicly do a whole kite phase on 1 patch. I meant to show you can soak up silly amounts of damage with it should it be needed.
    Twins = heroic, I'm a soaker for one color orbs. Shadows take -15% dmg on everything + we can have our dots rolling on both of them making us about the best suitable class for it.
    These were just the only ones I had on youtube to show this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crpzz
    By combining hop + dispersion you can basicly do a whole kite phase on 1 patch. I meant to show you can soak up silly amounts of damage with it should it be needed.
    Hmm, sounds like an interesting Idea, i might have to try that, so basically you just do your best to keep him away from the rest of the group so they can focus on adds during that part of the fight. I have never seen that to be needed, but on 25 man it certainly would be nice to keep his spikes out of the middle of everyone for a few seconds longer.

I hope I don't sound retarded, but what does the acronym HOP refer to?

Twins = heroic, I'm a soaker for one color orbs. Shadows take -15% dmg on everything + we can have our dots rolling on both of them making us about the best suitable class for it.
    These were just the only ones I had on youtube to show this.
    IC, so you were trying to pick up both colors while keeping your dots up on both targets, it was hard to see, but were you casting MF to renew your SW:P or just casting the 3 dots as needed? i have always run around a bit to pick up my own color, but I always did my best to avoid the opposite one.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by klurejr
    I hope I don't sound retarded, but what does the acronym HOP refer to?
    Hand of Protection from a Paladin.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

oic, I thought it was a trinket or something that I was missing.
    -John Galt

IC, so you were trying to pick up both colors while keeping your dots up on both targets, it was hard to see, but were you casting MF to renew your SW:P or just casting the 3 dots as needed? i have always run around a bit to pick up my own color, but I always did my best to avoid the opposite one.
    No I try to only catch white orbs. But its impossible to get all the important ones without also taking a black one here and there. Shadow with -15% dmg taken rocks when you take a bad one.
    I was keeping 3 dots on my main target and focus swained the other for misery debuff (I was the only shadowpriest in raid + we had no boomkin there) That vid was our second kill on the twins heroic I think, I've gotten alot better at it in the mean time

BTW: if you cant see anything, try putting it on HD? ???

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by klurejr
    Hmm, sounds like an interesting Idea, i might have to try that, so basically you just do your best to keep him away from the rest of the group so they can focus on adds during that part of the fight. I have never seen that to be needed, but on 25 man it certainly would be nice to keep his spikes out of the middle of everyone for a few seconds longer.
    It is mostly for the hardmode 25 here, since you only have 6 ice patches and usually 2 burrow phases.

On topic, i have tried disc for many times and have a resto druid alt, healing is nice but i like shadow a lot more. I like tanking on my paladin too, but i still prefer shadow. The play style is just what keeps me going with her ^^

Never tried a warlock but from what i heard here and there they are not quite the same and i still wouldn`t reroll from my SP.