Lower Threat for Bad Hero Tanks

I would like to steal 2 points from somewhere to put into http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=18372 to lower my threat on pugs. If I have a halfway decent tank, it's not a problem, but you know how it is. Where would be best to take them from?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...llypanks+Guild

Thanks!
    Loving Affliction

Re: Lower Threat for Bad Hero Tanks

Simply take two points out of Improved Life Tap and put them in to Improved Drain Soul. You'll probably need the threat reduction for serious progression anyway, that's why they doubled the threat reduction talents from both affliction and destruction. Improved Life Tap really isn't too necessary, the only downfall is having to spend a couple more global cool downs here and there for mana. You could also take that one point from Fel Synergy and put it in to Improved Life Tap. 50% chance to heal your Felpuppy for 15% of the damage you deal isn't all that great to begin with. This is what most Affliction Locks I've seen are running with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    Simply take two points out of Improved Life Tap and put them in to Improved Drain Soul. You'll probably need the threat reduction for serious progression anyway, that's why they doubled the threat reduction talents from both affliction and destruction. Improved Life Tap really isn't too necessary, the only downfall is having to spend a couple more global cool downs here and there for mana. You could also take that one point from Fel Synergy and put it in to Improved Life Tap. 50% chance to heal your Felpuppy for 15% of the damage you deal isn't all that great to begin with. This is what most Affliction Locks I've seen are running with.
    Makes sense. TYVM!

i took two points out of suppression for it. I know I know reduction on mana from using aff spells is really helpful. The fel synergy is needed. I have had the felhunter die so many times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeno
    i took two points out of suppression for it. I know I know reduction on mana from using aff spells is really helpful. The fel synergy is needed. I have had the felhunter die so many times already.
    Yeah, my pet is dying a lot without that point. I think I'll pull one from Suppression and put it in Fel Synergy.

I've ran with this new build for anyone considering the route I wanted to go, it's working well.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...llypanks+Guild

Many people dont know about this change, but using dark pact actually activates your life tap glyph as well. So If you want you can remove 2 points from Imp LT and use dark pact exclusively, and since the felhound gets 8% of its mana back every 2 seconds he should have more than enough to keep you topped off. As an added bonus, you dont have to worry about doing extra damage to yourself on fights like Saurfang.

Heres an example of the build:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Rhino
    Many people dont know about this change, but using dark pact actually activates your life tap glyph as well. So If you want you can remove 2 points from Imp LT and use dark pact exclusively, and since the felhound gets 8% of its mana back every 2 seconds he should have more than enough to keep you topped off. As an added bonus, you dont have to worry about doing extra damage to yourself on fights like Saurfang.
    As of right now I am more worried about my pet dieing. He has died too many times since the patch. I would love to get the fel synergy and dark pact. But our trees don't allow for such a build without taking a hit on some vital dot damage increases. I find it hard to believe that the felhunter has less health then the imp of all summoned pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeno
    As of right now I am more worried about my pet dieing. He has died too many times since the patch. I would love to get the fel synergy and dark pact. But our trees don't allow for such a build without taking a hit on some vital dot damage increases. I find it hard to believe that the felhunter has less health then the imp of all summoned pets.
    I definitely agree with keeping the point in Fel Synergy. So, that leaves me with one point to go either in Imp LT or Dark Pact. I guess I have to try the Dark Pact approach before I can have an opinion. The point in Imp LT is working just fine but if I can get the same mana back, activate GoLT, and lose no health, duh.