Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Corruption breaking

Hi

Ive got the quick decay glyph, and it seems pretty nice, but sometimes when im reapplying haunt my corruption just fals off.

and its still like 2-4sec left on it. ive chekced this with both normal UI and with different DoTimer addons, so i dont think it can be an addon issue.

anyone else having this problem of failing corruptions?

Re: Corruption breaking

yea this happens to me aswell no idea why

Deleted

!!! Affliction spec is BROKEN !!!

Hello, i'm french so i'll try to write something in english

i have approximatively 900 haste rating and i can't refresh corruption in time while under the +20% haste effect of eradication.

Before the fix, corruptions refreshed by haunt had 18 seconds duration (with more than 6 ticks), and now the duration scales correctly (~11sec)

Haunt is 8 secondes cooldown, 9 -9.5 if you are casting a shadow bolt and consider some lags, and i think there is a bug, because my corruptions just disappear 2 seconds before they must fade.

It result in a completely broken cycle, because i need to refresh corruption manually each time Eradication procs.
    It's a great problem, especially with bloodlust/heroism, or with decent ICC gear (~1300 1400 haste rating), and i think it's not intended, so if someone please can report this on US warlock forums, i can post only on EU official forums.

Hope it'll be fixed very soon

Re: !!! Affliction spec is BROKEN !!!

Yes, there is a spot where Haunt won't refresh Corruption. Shadow Priests have had this for ages. DoT timers or just the regular Blizzard unit frames showing more than 1 second left on Shadow Word: Pain, yet not having it refreshed by Mind Flay before the timer says it's gone. It has to do with server lag, it's probably near impossible to fix without massively upgrading the servers.

Hey there,
    I just noticed the same while doing some heroics, and indeed,
    it really sucks to manually refresh corruption
    (still kicked some destro butt who told me affli was crap =P, love it)
    so long

Deleted

I noticed the same, still doesn't really matter much tho, refreshing Corr isn't that much of a problem and the specs damage kicks ass.

imo it's simply lame that locks have to spend a glyph for 1 single dot where Spriests get both their dots in a talent they already had.

but back on topic, it could indeed be travel time or whatever, but whatever it is, it's totally unpratical and probably makes the glyph lower your dps.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

15+ Year Old Account

Easy fix

Cast corruption then haunt. Haunt refreshes it to full 18s duration with more ticks. If you happen to let it get to 2.0s remaining before casting Haunt, then you're just asking for problems.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Corruption breaking

Corruption --> Haunt

Then just don't miss your refreshes.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

no gherkin... because it has been fixed.
    Haunt refresh corruption to ~11 seconds with 6 ticks, no longer 18 seconds with ~9 ticks.
    It's like auto-recasting a new corruption without gcd when haunt lands, but without clipping. that's why corruption disappear 2 seconds before fade time, it has done 6 ticks and no longer needs to stay because there is no more ticks on it.

you know, I thought about how haste could lower the CD of Haunt, Haunt does not provide enough damage to be uber OP and since you can only have it on one target it wouldn't change this much.
    Still some OP pvp problems though
    whats your idea on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Emy
    I noticed the same, still doesn't really matter much tho, refreshing Corr isn't that much of a problem and the specs damage kicks ass.
    My corruption is sitting at 10.8x something raidbuffed, making it almost impossible to refresh with haunt. Every second of my corr just falls off because of haunt cast time + travel time -> just won't hit the target in time.

If it's a bug then wait for a fix. If this is intended, then its unplayable - remove the glyph, or just spec Demonology. Sad times.

Deleted

In fact, they don't know how to fix it, because they have the wrong algorithm.

Before the fix: haunt adds (18 - time left) seconds to the previous corruption (and also depop before the end, i've noticed it)

Actually: haunt adds a new corruption with the duration of a normal corruption, and where the timer of the first tick depends on the last tick of the previous corruption (to prevent clipping), that's why the refreshed corruption is 'too long' and depops before the end.

They need to merge the two situations:
    Haunt need to apply a new corruption that stays 18 seconds and scale with actual haste, where the timer of the first tick depends on the last tick of the previous corruption (to prevent clipping) and stay on the target the last seconds even if there will be no more ticks.

The ultimate solution is to make Dots scaling with haste, but keeping their original duration.

sorry for bad english.

Damnit! For fixing a bug they give us another bug :-X

If it's going to stay this way, getting T10 level of haste is really bad for affli.

if you know you can't make it with the haunt, why don't you just cast Drain Life and then waste a single GCD?
    It's atleast better then having to refresh it cause it will do a little dmg after the tick.

and this is why we can't have nice things

thankfully, there's no real raid content out, so you can just slack off without the glyph for a bit.

why don't you just cast Drain Life and then waste a single GCD?
    Wow, honestly? Are we talking about pve dps here or some sort of "how to make clown of ourselves"?

Sorry, but refreshing it with a drain life is just not an option at all.

The glyph actually makes it worse, or atleast the rotation.
    I like the idea of powered up dots due to haste but its just not working smooth atm.
    Ditching the glyph till a fix seems the right move, to bad, was kinda excited about this.

15+ Year Old Account

Both bugs already existed. They did not introduce a new one, you're just paying more attention.

R.I.P. YARG

Yeah people saying waste a GCD on drainlife, well if you are going to do that might as well just drop everlasting afflictions talent points and use that GCD to cast the corruption itself which you can do while moving. putting us back down where we were as affliction back at the end of the burning crusade.