Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: !!! Affliction spec is BROKEN !!!

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea
    Yeah people saying waste a GCD on drainlife, well if you are going to do that might as well just drop everlasting afflictions talent points and use that GCD to cast the corruption itself which you can do while moving. putting us back down where we were as affliction back at the end of the burning crusade.
    Incorrect, if you do it right theres no dps loss at all.

R.I.P. YARG

I do'nt know if anyone noticed the same issue as I did but sometimes, my corruption would have 3sec remaining on the debuff and would just simply fall off.. Back to CoA glyph =.=

Re: Corruption breaking

I have to admit. I recognized this as we progressed at Yogg+0. Sometimes Corr just fells off although it should tick 2-3 sec longer, so you have to recast it.
    And with 3.3 I saw the same once. This bug is hard to reproduce, because it only occours ater several Haunt refreshes and this don't occour all the time.. but it does.
    Casting Haunt, looking at the Corruption Timer to fill up again and then see the Timer disappear instead is disapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by joxx
    I do'nt know if anyone noticed the same issue as I did but sometimes, my corruption would have 3sec remaining on the debuff and would just simply fall off.. Back to CoA glyph =.=
    I do'nt know if YOU noticed the topic and read some posts. There is even another Thread about this =.=

Bit of awareness and quick adaption, and you'll find Affliction is far from broken.

I climbed from ~5th spot on DPS meters in my guild, to being consistently #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdoll
    I do'nt know if YOU noticed the topic and read some posts. There is even another Thread about this =.=
    the duration on corruption beign hasted is one thing but corruption falling off 3sec early is another?

Quote Originally Posted by Tya
    Are you just trolling or are you blind?
    I can tell some of you are new to the Warlock forums. ;D
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I must be some lucky lock, I haven't noticed this at all and my dps has shot right up. My rotation is the same pre-patch and I have no issues getting hautn to reapply corruption during a BL or something =/. Id on't even have the soulstone bug. The ONLY thing which is bugged, is my ligtweave randomly procs when im running around or procs for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuppa
    I must be some lucky lock, I haven't noticed this at all and my dps has shot right up. My rotation is the same pre-patch and I have no issues getting hautn to reapply corruption during a BL or something =/. Id on't even have the soulstone bug. The ONLY thing which is bugged, is my ligtweave randomly procs when im running around or procs for no reason.
    Personaly I don't have the SS Bug neither.
    But if you have to less haste you wont have problems with dropping corruption. And lightweave proccs of Armor heals. No bug it's a feature.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Superdoll
    Personaly I don't have the SS Bug neither.
    But if you have to less haste you wont have problems with dropping corruption. And lightweave proccs of Armor heals. No bug it's a feature.
    Lightweave procing off heals is a bug. They will fix it again.

R.I.P. YARG

I'm having this problem as well. Haunt is no longer refreshing the duration of corruption to 18 seconds, but rather putting it to the new time with my haste factored in. With eradication up my haste is enough to bring corruption down to 12 seconds, and even if I instantly cast haunt, on the 2nd haunt I will be unable to refresh corruption. Corruption will just fall off. This is going to cause major issues on boss fights >_<
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

The thing that bothers me the most about this, is the fact that I'm wasting 5 talent points with Everlasting Affliction to do what? Refresh corruption 100% of the time with haunt. If they can't get the mechanics to work right, Blizz should at least change to tooltip to "have a 75% chance to reset the duration...".

gherkin will you please stop posting about warlocks, your knowledge of the class is mediocer at best. The bug that makes your corruption disapear 3sec befor it should be over in certain situasion when it cast while eradication is up is new and came with the hotfix. The fact that haunt now refreshes corruption back down to a lower number then 18 might not be a bug but it damn sure wasnt a good idea. It makes haste a worse stat for affliction locks then it wiuld be if you didnt have the glyph. I sincerly doubt blizz intentions was to give us a haste cap with that glyph, and a really low haste cap on top of that.

On a different note, gherkin reading your some of your posts in which you clame the weirdest things about lock for so and be proven wrong about the most common knowledge things really makes it clear that you dont know what you are talking about. Many of your posts are also down right ignorant of game and class mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by blablablablablabla
    gherkin will you please stop posting about warlocks, your knowledge of the class is mediocer at best. The bug that makes your corruption disapear 3sec befor it should be over in certain situasion when it cast while eradication is up is new and came with the hotfix. The fact that haunt now refreshes corruption back down to a lower number then 18 might not be a bug but it damn sure wasnt a good idea. It makes haste a worse stat for affliction locks then it wiuld be if you didnt have the glyph. I sincerly doubt blizz intentions was to give us a haste cap with that glyph, and a really low haste cap on top of that.

On a different note, gherkin reading your some of your posts in which you clame the weirdest things about lock for so and be proven wrong about the most common knowledge things really makes it clear that you dont know what you are talking about. Many of your posts are also down right ignorant of game and class mechanics
    WTB a Bakis post.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

To summarise so ppl do not get confused on the matter and insult each other over it: When corruption got hotfixed on Friday 2 very troubling issues were introduced: 1) haunt does NOT refresh corruption to roughly 18 sec anymore, with just more ticks during the 18 sec, depending on your haste. Instead it refreshes corruption to the hasted time, so that it always ticks 6 times, i.e. for example with 20% haste u get a refreshed corruption lasting roughly 18/1.2=15 sec. What's troubling about this is that it introduces a pretty low effective haste cap for affli locks, since high haste means getting in the region where corruption will fall off before you can refresh it via haunt(8sec cd+you are usually in middle of cast when it comes off cd+server lag=anything that raises your haste above roughly 45-50%, which can easily happen during eradication or bloodlust, will let corruption fall off), so that u will have to manually recast it (or cast drainlife once to keep it up) both of which being a significant dps loss. So the net result of this is haste is getting a very questionable stat for affli locks using that glyph... the opposite of what it should be doing. 2) the above might actually be working as intended (I doubt it, but that is just me...) however on top of that there seems to be a bug that sometimes lets corruption fall off the target when it is getting refreshed via haunt, even though there is enough time left on corruption. I have seen it fall off with as much as 3sec left... This is definitely a bug and not working as intended. I have tried to investigate what causes this problem, but so far no luck.
    Putting things together: Ofc affliction dps is not broken by the above, however it seems that the glyph of quick decay at least at the moment is a dps loss rather than a dps gain, I for my part will switch back to coa for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Corruption --> Haunt

Then just don't miss your refreshes.
    ive played affli since the start of wotlik, even through Ulduar HMs and ToGC and Ive done more dps than our equalgeared destrolocks.
    I know my rotation and how to play affli in every aspect and if u read the OP I mentioned that it simply disapears while refreshing with 2-4 secs left.

so please come with something more constructive than stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendäär
    ive played affli since the start of wotlik, even through Ulduar HMs and ToGC and Ive done more dps than our equalgeared destrolocks.
    I know my rotation and how to play affli in every aspect and if u read the OP I mentioned that it simply disapears while refreshing with 2-4 secs left.

so please come with something more constructive than stating the obvious.
    your destrolocks dont mean anything, but ye the glyph is retarded and blizzard is retarded for not thinking this could happen
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

1,remove the flying time of Haunt
    2,make Haunt instant cast
    3,lower the CD of Haunt
    4,make DL to our aff. rotation

Quote Originally Posted by vkei
    1,remove the flying time of Haunt
    I just wish they would do this with all spells. Travel times are a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

I'm getting this same problem, but it doesnt happen all of the time, only sometimes. Having to reapply corruption breaks my rotation >.>

BTW a fix plz =/
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.