Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The state of shadow priest PvP

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    You are contradicting yourself, snares/roots can be removed with the insignia. Either way, you have COMPLETELY derailed the thread and continue to argue something pointless. Great, you dont call it a CC, but for the sake of simplicity I will continue to call it that.
    I am not contradicting myself, you are simply not understanding. If something is a CC, then it is removed by the PVP trinket. The PVP trinket also removes snares and roots. That doesn't mean that they are CC as well.

Look at it this way.

Limes are green. All limes are green. That doesn't mean everything green is a lime.

The trinket removes CC, roots and snares. All CC is removed by the trinket. That doesn't mean that everything removed by the trinket is CC.

Sorry for derailing the thread, but when people post wrong information I like to correct it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I see people post "Hamstring is a CC" all the time but its a stupid arguement and I dont fight it. I am NOT wrong, that is what CC means to me. There is no arbitrary dicitonary explaining exactly what a CC is. To me, a CC is something that takes you out of the fight, rendering you incapable of doing damage or healing until it is over. Silence does that to caster classes. Something like a disarm would not count, as there are still things melee can do while disarmed. I will continue to call it that, I really dont care what you think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Can u say what spec u are playing ur 3vs3 ?)

But silence is cc

Shadow Word: Pain is a CC because if it kills them they can't control their character.

Something like a disarm would not count, as there are still things melee can do while disarmed.
    There are still things casters can do while silenced.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Shadow Word: Pain is a CC because if it kills them they can't control their character.

There are still things casters can do while silenced.
    extreme melee hitting!

Yes, or run away, or use your Rocket Boots, or use Potions, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    i r kontrollin crowdz wit mah /roar emote cuz tey c me rawr an tey skurry
    Pretty much have to go with this.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Dapuh
    extreme melee hitting!
    Drop totems*