When/How to use hand of sacrifice efficiently?

As a holy paladin, I've been casting Hands of sacrifice mostly on the fellow healers because I'm afraid of getting almost 1 shot or two shotted if I cast it on the tanks...

But I was wondering, any of you cast Hands of Sacrifice on tanks? having never casted iton tanks I can't really imagine what would hapen if I did do that in hardmodes etc...

thoughts? comments?

Re: When/How to use hand of sacrifice efficiently?

It only transfers 30% of the damage taken and doesn't exceed 100% of the casters health so I don't see how there can be a problem unless you use it on the tank tanking Anub in p3 or something that hits ridiculously fast and hard. Either way, you can combine it with bubble/50% shield if you don't need the shield for divine sac later etc.

your fine to cast on tanks, just make sure tank has beacon and heal yourself, a tank cant take enough damage to drop you that fast. i like to use it in times like beasts in toc. when a tank is about to take a 3rd impale with a stomp closing in as well, ill drop on tank and heal myself.

Whenever damage is coming in, Use it just make sure you've got at least a FoL ready for yourself (Or herbalism/draenei HoT is perfect) and its really your own discretion.
    Most of the time you'll be using it in raids so you'll get divine storms/Circle of heals/wild growth or some healer might just heal you I dunno but if you dont use it your wasting a really good skill.

Oh and Divine sacrifice, Throw it randomly whenever aoe damage is inc and heal yourself the damage taken wont drop you below 20% due to recent changes and gives that raid 20% damage reduce
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

10+ Year Old Account

would this be something worth using on a marked person during the saurfang encounter? Melee takes no damage unless their marked or pull aggro on a blood beast, and it could potentially keep someone else up for a little longer during frenzy, stopping the 5% hp heal, and adding that little bit more damage.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    would this be something worth using on a marked person during the saurfang encounter? Melee takes no damage unless their marked or pull aggro on a blood beast, and it could potentially keep someone else up for a little longer during frenzy, stopping the 5% hp heal, and adding that little bit more damage.
    for sure, very good time to us it.

Exactly, Just gotta think like that and you'll be the proest pally evar 8)
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Deleted

hand of protection will also protect the target of his mark for the duration of it once HoP runs out though they willstart taking normal damage from it again.
    argh it stings saying HoP and not BoP