Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deathbringer's Will, Mjolnir and how to gem?

Quote Originally Posted by RainedUpon
    Ok you guys are all fail.

Final point is that those trinkets are OK for feral druids as feral druids are OK DPS. However they are much better suited on real dps, hunters, warriors, rogues, shamans, hell even ret paladins.

Oh and I love how you guys claim to do 8k+. Using swipe on trash mobs doesnt count. LOLercoaster.
    Feel free to look me up on World of Logs if you like, my sig has all the pertinent info needed to find me. I'm main spec feral tank, so when ya see me doing kitty dps, that's with less DPS gear than most of the people in there. You can post us your WWS log links, and then we can bow down to your hunter uberness and think about passing the trinket to you. Until then, /shoo troll hunter, druid territory!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

ArP on an Enh Shaman?

lolololol
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

10+ Year Old Account

who ever has more DKP will have, i dont give a fuck if its better for pure DPS class, its also good for me, now go and die HUNTARD! god...
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by RainedUpon
    Ok you guys are all fail.

Final point is that those trinkets are OK for feral druids as feral druids are OK DPS. However they are much better suited on real dps, hunters, warriors, rogues, shamans, hell even ret paladins.

Oh and I love how you guys claim to do 8k+. Using swipe on trash mobs doesnt count. LOLercoaster.
    Most likely, you're a bad troll.

Or just horribly clueless, as good kitties can out dps any "real dps" class.

In either case, you fail.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    Isn't 600 str still 2.4 ap roughly so 1440 ap from the proc for 30 seconds?
    It works out like this:

Strength 1427 cat ap (1570 Kings)
    Agility 13.5% dodge (14.9%), 7.78% crit (8.56%), 1297 Armor (1427), 714 AP (785)
    Armor Pen 600 (duh?)

The strength proc is a 102 base dps increase and a 112 base dps increase with kings.

Anyone saying this trinket is bad for a cat is out of their mind. I took mine the first night it dropped and have no regrets on spending the dkp for it. At this point the only thing I would replace it with would be the 277 version from heroic.

I was a bit mistaken about the str. proc being bad.

However, I'm still sitting at ~900 arp in poor ToC gear. Raw numbers from Rawr say that Gemming straight ArP and getting 100% passive ArP and using Death's Choice/War Token is better than using Deathbringer's Will and Death's Choice or another combination and only gemming to DBWill's softcap (800 arp).

I'm tempted to follow the raw numbers mainly because sitting at 100% hardcap ArP provides a much larger DPS increase than only sitting there 30 seconds on average every ~6 minutes. Armor provides less benefit per point the more you have in terms of damage reduction. This means that if you take a target with 100,000 armor (let's say that 100,000 armor is 100% damage reduction for simplicities sake and the fact I'm at work and can't draw upon hard numbers at the moment) and reduce that armor by 50% (~700 ArP) taking it down to 50k, it doesn't take the damage reduction down to 50% from 100% it takes it down to 60%, instead. The benefit of armor pen scales exponentially the less armor the target has. The last point of armor will provide more total damage reduction than the first point of armor, if you catch my drift.

In my opinion -- don't gem around DBwill. Gem straight ArP and use 258 Death's Choice/War Token.

Good thing rawr doesnt factor in the procs at all.

You're also forgetting how much better agility is going to get with 4 set t10, tbh I think it's gonna be better to stay straight agility gemming and be around 800~ passive with DBW and DV/DC. That's just imo tho, i'm no good at DPS though so you might wanna listen to someone else.

10+ Year Old Account

The general opinion atm on the warrrior forums on EJ is this

SEP = Strength Equivalence points

ARp = 1.1 means 1 arp = 1.1str Dps wise

For Mjolnir Runestone arp is about 1.1-1.2 SEP when near Soft cap once capped arps value drops to 0.87ish. because 20% of the time its worth nothing

For Deathbringers will you can go all out arp gems because its only a 25%ish uptime (30length/90sCD+proc time) but only 1/3 of that 25% will be arp so essentially you will only be over arp cap for 8.3% of the time. this 8.3% reduction to usefulness of the arp does not bring it below 1 SEP as when at 70%arp your sep is 1.3-1.4 so the 8% doesn't bring it down below STR.

I realise that I have not wrote that in the clearest manner but hopefully you will be able to gather what I am trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    The general opinion atm on the warrrior forums on EJ is this

SEP = Strength Equivalence points

ARp = 1.1 means 1 arp = 1.1str Dps wise

For Mjolnir Runestone arp is about 1.1-1.2 SEP when near Soft cap once capped arps value drops to 0.87ish. because 20% of the time its worth nothing

For Deathbringers will you can go all out arp gems because its only a 25%ish uptime (30length/90sCD+proc time) but only 1/3 of that 25% will be arp so essentially you will only be over arp cap for 8.3% of the time. this 8.3% reduction to usefulness of the arp does not bring it below 1 SEP as when at 70%arp your sep is 1.3-1.4 so the 8% doesn't bring it down below STR.

I realise that I have not wrote that in the clearest manner but hopefully you will be able to gather what I am trying to say.
    Good thing we're on the warrior forms? I understand what you're saying but it doesn't apply to druids. Our t10 gives us another non-arp using bleed that can crit, That's why i think agility will be better...We won't know for sure till we see it in action even with simulators and stuff we can't be sure how the set will work in game.

I didn't take into account 4pc. t10 and rake not benefiting from ArP. That could very well tip the scales in terms of what you gem for and could completely change the priorities of druids for getting this trinket.

I love you guys!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Strength 1427 cat ap (1570 Kings)
    Agility 13.5% dodge (14.9%), 7.78% crit (8.56%), 1297 Armor (1427), 714 AP (785)
    Armor Pen 600 (duh?)

The strength proc is a 102 base dps increase and a 112 base dps increase with kings.
    Careful with "base dps" wording -- it's 102 / 112 weapon dps increase for 30 sec every X sec; it's not that you're going to be doing 5112k dps if you were doing 5k before.

10+ Year Old Account

i also hope term "Hybrid" will die in expansion... it needs to
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Deleted

According to the latest Rawr, the best setup is to use DW + the 60 frost emblem trinket (haste+ap), and gem for hardcap arpen, then hit/expertise. Even tho the arpen proc will be wasted, the passive arpen + the other 2 procs more than make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Careful with "base dps" wording -- it's 102 / 112 weapon dps increase for 30 sec every X sec; it's not that you're going to be doing 5112k dps if you were doing 5k before.
    I'd happily go from 5k to 5112k dps. That would show those dirty mut rogues.

Anyways, while the taunka form is active you're going to hit pretty damned hard. 11k maul crits in bear form are pretty silly too.

10+ Year Old Account

hmm ok this post is officially dead...

No DW drops for my guild so far, despite running the instance with 2 groups every week. :'(
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

I feel your pain. The whole time we did TotC & TOGC 25 we had one Death's verdict drop from the 25 man and we've never seen the heroic one.

10+ Year Old Account

any idea if this trinket been hotpatched? yesterday ive been proccing ARP/STR/AGIL today im proccing AGIL/STR/HASTE ive done over an our of dummy tests and not a single ARP proc

if this been hotpatched (and i hope it has been already) its a greta news, HARDCAP here i come!

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens
    any idea if this trinket been hotpatched? yesterday ive been proccing ARP/STR/AGIL today im proccing AGIL/STR/HASTE ive done over an our of dummy tests and not a single ARP proc

if this been hotpatched (and i hope it has been already) its a greta news, HARDCAP here i come!
    One of our DKs was whining about it proccing haste for him and never proccing arpen.