Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Priest Professions

Quote Originally Posted by Barrier
    how is jc a boost over the other profs its actually the same as if u were to put ench instead of jc, there is no difference
    The strength of JC is the diversity it provides.
    Want to stack SP? Go ahead!
    Want to stack Int? Here you go!
    Want to combine the stats? You can do that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Greis
    The strength of JC is the diversity it provides.
    Want to stack SP? Go ahead!
    Want to stack Int? Here you go!
    Want to combine the stats? You can do that too!
    its still the same as all the other profs i.e ench and bs. lets say u stack sp u wont get more sp from jc than u wud from ench or bs it is the same mate

No, it isn't the same. Let's say you want Spellpower. Enchanting will give you two enchants for +23 SP, this works out to +46 SP. Jewelcrafting will give you 3 unique gems giving +39 SP each. These will replace gems giving +23 SP, which is a +16 SP boost per gem. This is +48 SP, instead of +46.

Also because you can customize the bonus you get the weight of JC can be shifted dramatically. A Holy Priest, for instance, will not want Spellpower. They'll want regen. JC gives them the option of JC-only Int gems. Enchanting has no way to compete with this. In fact if you look at the cost of Int on gear compared to SP then Jewelcrafting gives a slightly larger bonus than expected. You'd need to gain 48.3 spellpower to match the value.

Tailoring is the same boat. For SP Tailoring gives approximately +50. For regen purposes you get about +44 MP/5. If you understand item budget you might notice a problem with that MP/5 figure. That being that 1 mp/5 is worth 2 points of item budget. 1 mp/5 = 2 Int on gear, or 2.3 SP. So 44 mp/5 is worth +88 int. That puts Tailoring at over +65 item budget, instead of the normal +46.

I'll admit... I used to be a tailor miner... but i switched to JCing for two reasons.

The first, is that I wanted more money, and JCing offers you about 110G per day guaranteed... the second reason is because of the JCing specific gems which are very nice.

I do sometimes regret not doing tailoring... all it means though is putting in that extra effort to find someone to make the stuff you want. Free enchants aren't that amazing when you have the money.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow