Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Circles have 360.2 degrees!

I think its time for the mathematicians' well kept secret to be given out. I think it's only fair for today's heros to know the truth, because it does matter. Circles do, in fact, have 360.2º, and not 360º. Generally, and naturally, you'd say, what's the difference. It's .2, so who cares? That's exactly why we are taught in school to only use 360º. It's "easier", but not correct. We discovered this difference when playing with a bouncy ball in a 360º circle. We noticed as time went by the bouncy ball would eventually derail from the typical mathematic pattern and would end up with unpredictable bouncing habits. This has come to be known as "The hidden .2". So what is the point of this with WoW? I'll tell you. There is a prophecy. One day a circular map of the world will be revealed and the "chosen one" will have to travel to the 360º spot on the map's circumference. On such a small scale of something so big, .2 is actually a rather large offset, and without this knowledge the chosen one will overshoot his destiny believing that the 360.2º mark is actually the 360º point.

I hope this helps, good hunting!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Circles have 360.2 degrees!

Been there.

It's Christmas Break FFS. Wait until January to fill my head with Geometry shit.
    Then Rhonin went down to Blackrock Depths, killed Emperor Dagram Thaurissan, and fathered the heir to the throne of Ironforge with the extremely grateful Moira Bronzebeard. But he wasn't done yet; the Dark Iron Dwarves were doing the bidding of Ragnaros the Firelord, so Rhonin went down to Molten Core and beat the crap out of everybody.

"TOO SOON," bellowed Ragnaros.

But Rhonin was all: "It's never too soon to party, Rhonin-style."

And then he beat Ragnaros to death with his own hammer, because Rhonin is the only Mage who ever had the mad skillz to train two-handed maces.

On the way out of Blackrock Mountain, Rhonin went to the spire and pwned Nefarian. He saved Vaelestrasz the Red, and the two did a celebratory chest bumb.

15+ Year Old Account

If this is true...does that mean there's an extra 3 feet in a furlong now as well?
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc_Huntard
    It's Christmas Break FFS. Wait until January to fill my head with Geometry shit.
    Will the prophecy wait until after your break if you're the chosen one? I think not...

So.....what does this have to do with WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane
    So.....what does this have to do with WoW?
    Wow way to read... The prophecy is of a WoW hero. They will have to go to the 360º of a 360.2º circle map to meet their destiny.

What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

lemme guess, you just made this prophecy up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow way to read... The prophecy is of a WoW hero. They will have to go to the 360º of a 360.2º circle map to meet their destiny.
    Do circles have tops?
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    Actually as the "joke goes" you turn 360º and walk away, it isnt a joke, its just what you do, if you turn 360.2º you're just walking back into the XBox, so don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    u die, math is irrelivent
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken
    Sorry, I was under the impression that prophecy wasn't just a WoW term. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lolugotowned
    lemme guess, you just made this prophecy up?
    No it's written in the finest handwriting of an ancient God, where every O has 360.2º in it. Do a little research on the 360.2 Prophecy, sir.

When I searched for "360.2 Prophecy" the only relevant search result was this thread...what are you smoking? I want some!

Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane
    When I searched for "360.2 Prophecy" the only relevant search result was this thread...
    Like I said, the 360.2º circle information is relatively new, its still being tested further, they think there are numbers after the 2, but the prophecy has been around for ever, there was just no mathematical proof before.

Well I don't know about that, but did you know how much time it takes for the Earth to rotate once on its axis?

23 Hours 56 Minutes and 4.1 Seconds.

Yep.

The thing is, the Earth is moving through space in orbit around the Sun along an elliptical path. Consequently, the Earth has to spin a little bit farther than one rotation in order for the same longitude to be oriented directly at the Sun day to day. The time required for that to happen makes up the difference on the clock.

The point being, for those that just thought "24 hours" at first, is that it's a trick question. One day isn't quite the same thing as one full rotation of the Earth. If our clocks were perfectly synchronized with the Earth's actual rotation time, then daylight would continually slip along the hours. Six months from the Sun being highest at noon, it would be highest at midnight.

Funky, huh?

Unless there is a wall behind the Xbox 360.2 then you'd still be walking away from it kthnx.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by simbuk
    Well I don't know about that, but did you know how much time it takes for the Earth to rotate once on its axis?

23 Hours 56 Minutes and 4.1 Seconds.

Yep.

The thing is, the Earth is moving through space in orbit around the Sun along an elliptical path. Consequently, the Earth has to spin a little bit farther than one rotation in order for the same longitude to be oriented directly at the Sun the following day. The time required for that to happen makes up the difference on the clock.

The point being, for those that just thought "24 hours" at first, is that it's a trick question. One day isn't quite the same thing as one full rotation of the Earth. If our clocks were perfectly synchronized with the Earth's actual rotation time, then daylight would continually slip along the hours. Six months from the Sun being highest at noon, it would be highest at midnight.

Funky, huh?
    This was actually mathematically "figured out" with the 360.2º circle breakthrough, but I don't have the massive equation, it wasn't as simple as it sounded. It blew my mind when I first saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva

I'm curious, where can I find this information - A brief Google search came up with no results, Except for this page of course. And Wikipedia doesn't have anything either
    Hmm, I read it in a news site, but don't remember where and in a magazine that I saw at the store today... I'll have to poke around again. It's all very interesting.