Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Share your paladin ideas

For PvP, I'd like to get rid of the Divine Shield, because it will always be our "oh! You got bubble so you can't have anything else, because .......... well .......... BUBBLE!" spell, get rid of it and give us something real instead. Let us balance around other classes out of balance and not the ability to survive death thrice :

For PvE I'd like a little extra on Crusader Strike, and not having it so plain, like 2% holy damage taken or something small, that stacks 5 times. Nothing big, but making it have a 8 second time or something, so you have something to keep up and not a big dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    Those ideas are terrible, just terrible.

"no cooldown and 2 sec cast time on Repentance" - Repentance becomes 100% useless with any cast-time. 2 seconds? If you want a polymorph, play a mage.

"- Divine storm has chance on hit to stun for 2 seconds/silence 2 seconds. say 10/15%chance." Divine Storm can already do this. Just use Seal of Justice.

"- bring back the glyph of exorsism that silenced/counterspelled." I don't want to rely on a special proc to not have my interrupt have a cast time. Also, interrupts on the GCD fail. Hard.

"- Blinding light, Aoe Blind for 5 seconds. Just like the toc5 boss." You want to give us, a class that already has excellent CC, not only more CC but a control spell that's more powerful than any that currently exist in the game? I thought this was the ideas thread, not the "Lol it's christmas presents plox" short bus to the north pole.

" 50% heal reduction on judgement crits. lasts as long as MS. Disspellable." So you want a polymorph, an AOE blind, AND an MS effect?

"- Hand of freedom cant be purged/spellstealed, talent improvement.
    - Improved Bubble, cant be shattered or massdispelled." So not only do you want all of the above, but you want your own utility to be unremovable and unstoppable.

Dude, you fail at trying to balance ret paladins so hard that it boggles the mind. You just look at what other classes have and say, "HEY I WANT THAT TOO BUT I DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANYTHING UP TO GET IT, ALSO BUFF WHAT I ALREADY HAVE, LOLOL."

Balance is a give-and-take. You have to give a class strengths and weaknesses.
    Dude needs to do stand-up!

I'm going to go apply for Ghostcrawler's job, wanna come with Ronark? :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

If you have Beacon of Light on a friendly target and Holy Shock an enemy, it shall heal the Beaconed target!

Here's a suggestion. Plural of idea is ideas. There is no " ' "

I've always wanted something where the pally takes on some form of glowing Divine appearence becoming almost Godlike (think of a pally version of the priest angel when they die) perhaps growing in Size.
    I would have called the ability "Beacon of Light" but Blizz already stole that so maybe something like "Divine Possesion"

This would be an "oh shit button" - like we dont have enough already. Perhaps the final talented spell in the Holy tree.

Divine Possession
    25% of base mana 15yard Range
    Instant Cast (Channelled) 5 Mins cooldown
    The Paladin becomes the living symbol of his faith and baths all those around him in a holy light. Heals all party / raid members within 15 yards for 1500+(50%spellpower) per second for 10 seconds. Each tick will also has a ??% chance of removing one debuff.

The numbers above are not specifially worked out, I aint a theorycrafter.
    Basically you are looking at a short range, heavy hitting, long cooldown circle of healing with the debuff tick thrown in to make it a bit different, you could maybe swap that debuff tick for a DPS tick to enemys instead.. to make it more unique.. If someone with more knowledge than me wants to revise the numbers (if they are very wrong) please do.. will it be balanced in PvP.. prob not.. simply dont allow it in there.

I would love this ability NOT because I think we need an AoE heal or because secretly I want to be a priest but, believe it or not, for the visual effect you could have when you pop it.. Imagine something like the Beacon of Light Icon image.. (cant find it to link sorry) where during the 10 secs of the spell the pally is bathed in light and slowly rises from the ground in a crucifix position almost as if he's in pain as the Power of the Light is channeled directly through his body. Hey for added affect make him take a damage hit after the spell ends to represent the utter effort it has taken to cast it...

Like I say this is a "final last ditch effort" ability.. when all else looks lost the pally sacrifices everything he has to keep his friends alive... hell you could have it kill him after casting sort of like Divine Intervention does.

Ok I have talked long enough.. Flame away...

EDIT - found the beacon pic -
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

How about

Holy Shoxadin form:
    -Removes the cd from Holy Shock
    -Greatly reduces the healing done by Holy Shock
    -reduces the mana cost of Holy Shock
    -makes Illumination work on offensive critical hits
    -gives a chance for an instant Exorcism after using Holy Shock
    -makes you shiny
    -increases SP scaling for all abilities

=> You'll become a Shiny melee Sword and Board spelldmg dps class. (and makes Holy less boring to level)
    => Priority should end up being something like : Exo > Judgement > Consecration > Holy Shock

Imo, gief 1 point talent deep in ret-tree, increases CD on HoR to 10 sec, gives it interrupting ability.

Ty blizzard wtb 100k dollar in cash plz.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Imo, gief 1 point talent deep in ret-tree, increases CD on HoR to 10 sec, gives it interrupting ability.
    + remove the taunt (kicking tauntable raidbosses iz srz bznz)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    + remove the taunt (kicking tauntable raidbosses iz srz bznz)
    Don't care, would use it for PvP, but yeah sure, remove taunting effect.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

here are some changes i would love to see to the paladin class, but probably never gonna happen.

1. a new holy ability at the very bottom. Light influx. 90% base mana. lasts until removed. while this ability is working, the paladin can only use judgement or cast curable spells. (no HOP,HOF,HOS, Hosac. no melee hits, no consecration, no Divine Sacrifice, and no Divine sheild/protection, also no Awenging wrath, no Hammer of the righteous).
    what u get is this
    heals raid and party member for 2% of total hp every 2 seconds. (pasive) reduce mana costs by 20% of curable spells. all heals that make an crittical effect places an heal over time efect healing for 50% of the health over 4 seconds. (this stack like ignite for mages) sacred sheild absorbtion is increased by 50% while in this form. increase dammage taken while in this form by 10%. also while in this form can not be silienced or interupted. when form is removed causes a foreberance effect (so u cant go out of it and bam bubble )

2. all friendly targets standing in the paladins consecration get healed for the same ammount as it would dammage enemy targets. (deep holy)

3. whenever the paladin use Crusader strike, makes the enemy do 25% less damage/healing (stack twice) (lasts 6 seconds)

4. Holy Strength. lets the paladin use a 2handed wepon and a sheild at the same time (deep prot)

5. Holy Cry. interupts any target inside 15 yard radius of the paladin (for 3 seconds) shares CD with exorcism.

6. Divine Sacrifice. the paladin sacrifice himself making the raid take 50% less dammage do 50% more dammage and atack 50% faster for 20 seconds. inflicts Foreberance and sated effect. on targets. also the paladin cannont be ressed using a soulstone or combat ress.

KILL THEM ALL!!!

I'm losing faith in the paladin community.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Don't even look, Horn. It's just not worth it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

so what do we have here.. OMG MY EYES ARE BLEEDING AAAH!! Help! Call an ambulance!

Balance is hard to do?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    "Community" means more than a handful of people

Deleted

Luckily they dont hire people from mmo-champion.
    edit: typo

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Suoma
    Luckily they dont hire pople from mmo-champion.
    Until I submit my app: no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    i find it pretty funny against other palidans when after spending hoj and repentance for initial burst, they are left with nothing but to effortlessly watch me casting full holy light on myself :3
    That's when you make a macro.

/cast Holy Light
    /s And there's not a thing you can do about it.

There's probably a target self modifier in there but I hid it!