View Poll Results: Which level 60 alt toon would be more fun to level?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • 60 Mage

1 7.69%
  • 60 Druid

8 61.54%
  • 60 Priest

4 30.77%

Which alt is more fun/useful to level?

I have three alts and I have no clue which one I should commit to. Please help me decide. :]

Re: Which alt is more fun/useful to level?

It depends on you basicly ... no one can tell you how to live your life. I would go for something different than what you do with your main .... cause it tends to get boring. I just lvled a mage alt myself and I am absolutelly loving it ... but i didnt have any pure dps class before.

Druid, they're OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    It depends on you basicly ... no one can tell you how to live your life. I would go for something different than what you do with your main .... cause it tends to get boring. I just lvled a mage alt myself and I am absolutelly loving it ... but i didnt have any pure dps class before.
    Hm...well I just level a warlock. :P And also I love mages, but I feel like a noob for saying this, but they have so many spells I don't know what to do with them all! Everyone says druids because they can be melee, dps, healer or tank and so on, but druids slightly bore me. Something about them being nature dependent makes it slightly boring, I know. I'm weird. =p And I've never been a healer before, but it's sure as heck hard to quest and such alone on a priest in my opinion. Plus I have to be shadow half the time just to play the game when I want to heal. haha.

Deleted

Most useful? Priest, then druid.. at least on my server.

More fun? That's completely up to you, you can't expect other people to decide that for you, even though you might be unsure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Most useful? Priest, then druid.. at least on my server.

More fun? That's completely up to you, you can't expect other people to decide that for you, even though you might be unsure at a time.
    I know I can't have others decide for me and I know the answer changes from person to person, just I am indecisive and I just want to hear other peoples opinions. After all it's only an alt. I can always decide to just start leveling my other alt if I disagree with the other persons opinion. :P

You've actually got really good advice here. Namely, to choose something different from what your main does and that leveling the druid keeps your options the most option.

If you want to DPS:

The mage will be the fastest, easiest way to high DPS. It's also somewhat boring. You really only have two (Arcane) or three (Fire) main buttons to press. You'll occasionally press something else to pop a DPS cooldown ability to ramp your numbers up higher, but the actual process of DPSing is simple. Shadow priests are in a really good place right now. Feral druids are some of the best DPS in the game if you can master the rotation, but few people can. Balance is good-not-great, but brings a lot of really nice raid buffs. It's not nearly as difficult as feral, but it makes you react more to what happens in order to get high DPS rather than just seeing what spell is going to be off cooldown next.

If you want to heal:

Priest probably gives you the most options. You can be an extremely strong tank healer as Discipline or a very versatile healer as Holy. Some people will tell you you can't tank heal as Holy. Maybe it's true if you're doing hard modes, but I haven't had any trouble keeping up tanks personally. Druid is a very good raid healer who can help out on the tank. I personally love HoTs and DoTs, so I was excited about druid healing. When he got to 80 though, I actually found it somewhat boring. You're constantly pressing buttons, but more in reaction to a HoT about to fall off rather than anything the mobs are doing. It almost plays more like DPS in that regard.

If you want to tank:

Well there's only one choice, isn't there? Feral druid. Large health pools, high dodge, though they do take a hit from the -20% dodge in ICC.

Make it easier on yourself if you can't decide and choose a role first and a class next.