10+ Year Old Account

Failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting program

i keep on getting this when i try to get onto the login screen for world of warcraft. does anyone know why its saying this and if so what i can do to fix it?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting program

help mee plz (bump)
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    i keep on getting this when i try to get onto the login screen for world of warcraft. does anyone know why its saying this and if so what i can do to fix it?
    sometimes I got this error too. not very often, probably 2-3 times in the past 6 months.

I simply click the wow.exe again and it works every time.

you can try to update display driver?

I got the same error after trying out the HDR Bloom "fix", once I removed those two files it worked perfectly.

This happened to me

i found out it was my graphic's card overheating. May not be the same for you but that was the problem for me!

Hope this helps

Might have to reinstall your graphics card and/or update the drivers.

I used to get this with a different game.. I just updated my display driver to the most up-to-date version and it worked perfectly
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

10+ Year Old Account

This happens when you try to launch multiple instances of a program trying to access the display driver at the same time, simple answer stop mass clicking on the luncher/wow.exe and just be patient.

Basicly multiple programs trying to take control of your display driver at the same time cause conflicts.

If you are indeed only running a single instance of such a program, then yes as said, check that your display drivers are up to date.

10+ Year Old Account

this has only happend on this acer laptop (which im pretty sure is just a normal laptop, not really meant for gaming) that im using. but what i want to know is how do i check if my display driver is up to date and if it isnt how do i get it up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    this has only happend on this acer laptop (which im pretty sure is just a normal laptop, not really meant for gaming) that im using. but what i want to know is how do i check if my display driver is up to date and if it isnt how do i get it up to date?
    Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Device Manager

Now, find your Display Adapter, right click it and Update Driver Software. This is Windows 7 but should be similar for Vista. For XP, you go into the Control Panel, and I think you open the System icon. From there you find the Device Manager and it's the exact same deal. Happy gaming.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krypper
    Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Device Manager

Now, find your Display Adapter, right click it and Update Driver Software. This is Windows 7 but should be similar for Vista. For XP, you go into the Control Panel, and I think you open the System icon. From there you find the Device Manager and it's the exact same deal. Happy gaming.
    usually if i reboot the laptop then it wouldn't happen anymore and i could get back on wow but lately that hasnt been working anymore so i tried your advice. it keeps on telling me that my ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics is up to date so im kind of stumped now.

anymore adive???