Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Neverdied LVL 80 Mage, MLG Orlando, Blue posts

Neverdied - LVL 80 Mage - No Quest, No Dungeons, No Death
    It's Christmas eve and I have a wonderful story for you! Neverdied, a mage from Chimera (US - Durotan) reached level 80 yesterday!

Of course it's not just another level 80, the character was leveled without any quests, instances, or even deaths! Here is the mail I received:

HTML Code:
    <h2></h2>
    Back in may I saw http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=17367601961 and http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=17779679689 and thought it would be fun to combine them.

First try I died to being over confident, second try I died to 3 casters respawns on top of me while in higher levels, last try was death due to server lag.

At first I was only going to do no deaths and no achievements but as I was grinding I thought I could do this without quests. On the second try I thought I could avoid flight paths all together. Then on the third try I had made a list of all the restrictions I thought I could go through.

They had to be:

• No death
    • No questing
    • No instances, BGs or Arenas
    • No mounts or flight paths
    • No professions
    • No loot
    • Just grinding.

Contrary to what people think this took a lot of practice and planning. I had to be careful what parts of maps to discover, what mobs to grind and be aware of places I could fall from. Cautious the warrior died from falling so a mage would help. Also I needed to travel a lot so portals would help a ton moving around. Actually the ports where the main reason I picked a mage and also for invisibility at higher levels which saved my arse many times.

Finally since this was a pve server I didn t need more escape mechanism than what mages had. Played was about 10 days and 12 hours but that also involves many hours on the AH scanning and looking for gear so it is not that accurate. I did use RAF on the first try but it wasn t efficient to dual box and I abandoned the idea on the second try because it would have been not worthy.

It was full solo 31900 mobs grinded in about 4 months. Some 6 hours sessions, some only rested XP. Basically a little everyday. Next is finishing the same thing on a pvp server...but on a different name and a different class and no you can not know what server

HTML Code:
    <h2></h2>
    Congratulations to him for such an impressive achievement, that's definitely a lot of time and dedication!

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeNaWYvKzb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BeNaWYvKzb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

World of Warcraft: MLG Orlando Championship
    A new MLG WoW tournament is coming in early January! This one should be slightly less intrusive than the previous ones and I'll try to make sure the tournaments are once again an enjoyable experience for everyone on the site.

GotFrag.com - Teams have been officially announced for the Major League Gaming 2009 PC Circuit Championship, taking place in Orlando, Florida, at the Gaylord Palms Resort, January 9th-10th. The top four MLG Ranking Points teams for 2009 will battle it out in a double elimination, winner take all bracket for $15,000 and the right to be called 2009 MLG PC Circuit Champion.

Check 6, SK.EG, Complexity, and Button Bashers take the stage Saturday for a very special exhibition style "All-Star" tournament. Then Sunday, those four teams will compete for the gold in the championship bracket.

[...] The show begins Saturday January 9th at 12:30pm EST with the All-Star 3v3 Challenge and then again Sunday January 1oth at high noon for the 2009 MLG PC Circuit Championship. Every minute of action will be brought to you with expert commentary from, Keith "Igoaf" Trahan and Jared "Vhell" Coulston, supported by the veteran coverage staff right here at GotFrag.

Team Details
    Check World of Warcraft: MLG Orlando Championship Teams!

Saturday January 9th, 2010
    12:30pm - Welcome/Pre-Game Show
    1pm - All-Star Challenge Winners Round 1
    2pm - All-Star Challenge Winners Round 1 B
    3pm - All-Star Challenge Losers Round 1
    4pm - All-Star Challenge Winners Finals
    5pm - All-Star Challenge Losers Finals
    6pm - Dinner Break
    7pm - All-Star Challenge Finals
    8pm-8:15pm - Wrapup
    Sunday January 10th, 2010
    11:30am - Welcome/Pre-Game Show
    12 noon - Championship Winners Round 1 A
    1pm - Championship Winners Round 1 B
    2pm - Championship Losers Round 1
    3pm - Lunch Break
    4pm - Championship Winners Finals
    5pm - Championship Losers Finals
    6pm - Championship Finals
    7pm-7:15pm - Award Ceremony

To purchase the HD WoW Weekend pass for the 2009 MLG PC Circuit Championship live from Orlando, go to www.mlgpro.com/live/2009/Orlando/purchaseHD.

Spectator passes are available for those wishing to view the action in person HERE.

Winter's Veil Achievement and Quest Concerns
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

--

We’re aware that many players have experienced difficulty completing the achievement “’Tis the Season” and the quest “Metzen the Reindeer.” While the Game Master department will not be in a position to grant credit for this achievement or quest, here are a few tips to help you complete them on your own.

‘Tis The Season

We’ve received many reports of players not receiving the “Tis’ the Season” achievement despite meeting the listed requirements (eating Graccu’s Mince Meat Fruitcake with 3 pieces of Winter Clothing equipped), and this is most often related to “broken” Winter Clothing.

To ensure that you are able to receive this achievement, please check the durability of your Winter Clothing and repair any broken pieces prior to eating Graccu’s Mince Meat Fruitcake. If any pieces of equipped Winter Clothing are broken at the time that Graccu’s Mince Meat Fruitcake is eaten, you will not be eligible for the “’Tis the Season” achievement.

Metzen the Reindeer

We’ve also received a number of reports that Smokywood Satchels do not always include a Pouch of Reindeer Dust if received while in a raid group. Unfortunately, without the Pouch of Reindeer Dust, the quest “Metzen the Reindeer” cannot be completed.

To guarantee that your Smokywood Satchel contains both Metzen’s Letters and Notes and the Pouch of Reindeer dust, please make sure that you are not in a raid group when you accept this quest. If you have this quest in your log currently but are unable to complete it due to the missing quest item, please abandon the quest and accept it again while not in a raid group.

World of Warcraft Movie Contest
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    We're pleased to announce the Alienware-sponsored World of Warcraft Rise to Power Movie Contest. Players are once again being called on to create movies set in Azeroth. This is a great way for up-and-coming directors to display their moviemaking skills. The four winning entrees will receive $2,400 credit towards an All Powerful Alienware desktop or laptop. Interested? Click here to learn more.

Contest Information: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/conte...ower/index.xml

Re: Neverdied LVL 80 Mage, MLG Orlando, Blue posts

gratz Neverdied
    "No loot" seems to be the hardest part, hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    In TBC Casual's had their raids, and Hardcores had thiers.
    Casuals could progress in Kara, Mag, Gruul and some might have gotten to SCC and TK.
    The hardcores had BT and Sunwell. But don't forget! Alot of hardcores claims Kara to be the best raid instance in the game ever made, so why you wanna go BT?
    "Casuals had their raids, Hardcores had thiers, just because they are harder, it must not mean they are more fun.

10+ Year Old Account

No loot? I just imagine how many epics just despawned inside these rotting corpses :P

Kinda ruined by the 5th anniversary FoS imo.

this is as crazy as the 1 million gold guy^^

gratz
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

that down right impressive, holy crap
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

he used another character to feed him gold and gear upgrades if he wasn't looting or doing quests.

his gear kept changing.

Insane...It's like make love not warcraft. I wish level one creature would still yield experience no matter what level you were, then someone could try a 1-80 boar grind outside goldshire
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sauveur
    Insane...It's like make love not warcraft. I wish level one creature would still yield experience no matter what level you were, then someone could try a 1-80 boar grind outside goldshire
    Why only 80? We could grind to infinity and beyond ... by killing BOARS!

Quote Originally Posted by zhero
    he used another character to feed him gold and gear upgrades if he wasn't looting or doing quests.

his gear kept changing.
    l2read

"Played was about 10 days and 12 hours but that also involves many hours on the AH scanning and looking for gear so it is not that accurate."
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

Without questing? :O That's my favorite part of the game!

Wow that's impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

Not to say its not impressive, but if you watch the video about 1/2 to 3/4 way through when he kills a shoveltusk, he does in fact go and loot the body. Look at the chat box.

full solo 32k kills or whatever..but only 18k killing blows?

wonder how many epics dropped

impressive but trying to do the same on a pvp server is completely impossible, trust me on that.. you WILL get ganked from time to time, tahts pvp servers for you, doesnt matter how much you try to stay away from places like STV ^^.

Impresive indeed! gz.

Quote Originally Posted by Teewhy4Kill
    full solo 32k kills or whatever..but only 18k killing blows?
    I may be wrong about this but if your pet deals the killing blow you dont get the credit.
    Don't try to argue with idiots. It will bring you down to their level, where they will crush you with their experience.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat, Sylvanas EU, Mac-How

Quote Originally Posted by Saiforune
    How do you honestly track no deaths? It's just honesty,and humans as a majority are crap, and liars. All it takes is a name change and an " OH HAI GUIZ LOOK AT ME! NO DEATHS CUZ MY NAME SAYS SO LOL!11!!!!11`" .....
    you best be trollin' boy.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted

I can only think of one word; Why?