Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Does anybody actually like WotLK?

If I didn't like it I wouldn't still be playing.

Seriously, how is that a difficult concept to gather? If you don't like something don't use it. I mean this would be like if I didn't like potato chips and consistently went to the grocery store to buy a bag. Who's stupid enough to do stuff like that, really?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I don't think the OP was perposfully trolling. But Yes people do enjoy WOTLK, but the main people who complain on forums (offical and non-offical) are the majority of the people with common sense and a deep insight into the game, so No the majority of people (on forums) will not like the new expansion
    Personally though, I do... only because of the lore, which is still editied beyond recognition.
    The Rules of the Internet:
    If some one uses an item or geninue skill to beat you, they're a noob.
    If you use the same item and beat them, your're pro
    If they create a fair fight of 1v1 all same weps/skills ect and they win, they hacked
    If they have better skill aquired items, they have no life
    If they rage at you, they are 12
    If they troll you, they are homosexual
    If they write something usefull and interesting, doesn't matter TLR

Quote Originally Posted by Dytex
    Wake up, its not 11 million players and it never has been. Chances are it was 11 million accounts, and i personally have 3 accounts. You have also forgotten that china's leaders have decided that it is banned in their country, so it is definitely NOT 11 million, fuck i doubt its even 8 million.

Jackass
    Yeah you're not dumb. Blizzard openly announces everytime they reach a mile stone in SUBSCRIBERS. In total there's over 20 MILLION WoW accounts. The fact that 10 million are active makes you look dumb.

Love the game wish they made it more soloable like in diablo

I do not like most of the people who play the game

Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Only 10% of people have got to see WotLK raids. Whats your point?
    LMAO

10+ Year Old Account

Only 10% of people have got to see WotLK raids. Whats your point?
    Where did this number come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

15+ Year Old Account

Sigh. Not this shit again.
    If you don't like WOTLK, why the fuck are you playing it? Seriously shut the fuck up.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Sigh. Not this shit again.
    If you don't like WOTLK, why the fuck are you playing it? Seriously shut the fuck up.
    You mad Bro? GET OXYCLEAN!

( I really just had to )

Close to 12 million played at the end of TBC. WotLK didn't get released in China, which accounted for 6 million. WotLK is closer to 6 million current subscribers than 10 million.

However, since the end of TBC, Blizzard hasn't released any information about current subscribers whatsoever. So nobody but Blizzard knows the true figure. Best guestimates atm are around 5-6 million though.

Ffffffff Uuuuuuu.

If you want to play solo games, go and play a solo game. WoW is an MMO where player interaction is a massive part of the game. If WoW got made more solo, i would actually want to kill people like you irl.
    ^
    Thank god somebody has common sense in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVanquisher
    Yeah, about that.... the Frozen throne is at the bottom of Icecrown Citadel... not the top. Not to mention this entire idea is dumb as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    lol wtf is it really? cause im pretty sure its somewhere around the top.
    actually who the fuck am i kidding the frozen throne is at the top end of discussion.
    Hilarious every fucking time i read this

Proof? cant say i believe you. 12.7m is a huge number of players.
    I don't know for a fact but i think that most players are guilded. i estimated around 80% of main characters have guilds, it is probably more or less.
    58,117 guilds in total
    4,074,472 players recorded
    http://www.wowjutsu.com/world/
    yeah wowjutsu is well out of date, but i doubt the numbers have greatly changed since it was last maintained.

*my numbers don't add up, but i hope you get the point that im trying to get across here.
    And that includes alts, so the number is a lot lower.

In general I love Wrath. Only major fail for me was TOC, which I thought was a pathetic excuse of a raid.

15+ Year Old Account

In Vanilla, people hated alot of things about it.
    When TBC came out, everyone hated alot of things about it, and cherished Vanilla, requested Vanilla-only servers, etc.
    When LK came out, everyone suddenly loved Vanilla and TBC, and LK is the new "crap".

It's the escape goat.
    You aren't likely to ever see someone saying in real time they love exactly what they currently have - ever.
    There will always be those "back then..." thoughts.

LK has ALOT of awesome things Vanilla and TBC never ever had.
    It also has alot of bad things.

Past:
    - Simpler bosses, but much more tightly tuned towards a specific gear quality (gear check).
    - Leveling was not just a time sink, but an enjoyable experience in itself.
    Currently
    - Complex & dynamic bosses - more player, less about gear - but more laxing in gear.
    - Less sense of accomplishment - everyone gets Tier gear, everyone gets almost every mount, beats every boss, achieves a high arena rating, etc - Mathematically less challenging.
    - Leveling is often confined to boosting and repeating a certain pattern of quests regardless of interest in exploring or enjoying. It feels like a sacrifice, a time sink in order to reach the "advertised" level 80.
    - Since boosting is so popular and useful, players often do not gather much knowledge about that alt they just reached level 80 with.

In the end, we - players - do what we do because we can.
    If someone gives us cheats, we use them.
    If someone gives us an easy way to level 80, we use it.

So we can't have everything we want, and in that regard, Blizzard isn't doing the best job.

Other than that, they have been making awesome changes to the game, coupled with crap changes.
    At the end of the month, I can always decide not to play the game if I feel it sucks, but if I go check other games like Aion, or whatever, it's a matter of days before I realize they suck way more...

On a few notes:
    - Zul'Aman time attack, Ulduar hard modes and ToGC tribute run = awesome mechanic. Awesome ways to reward those that are really good for being really good.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

15+ Year Old Account

It was Naxx and the later half of AQ40 that stumped people.
    And that is, because its an MMO.
    You interact with other people which made everything harder and impossible to raid without communication.
    It required some form of skill and dedication to raid.
    Today, any random scrub can walse in and kill things in any raid instance without much effort. It requires half a brain to do Yogg with 0 keepers and 25man hardmode Anub'arak, but that's about it.

15+ Year Old Account

^
    Thank god somebody has common sense in this thread.
    Actually part of that isn't even remotely close to common sense. He assumes that the number with the difference of China subtracted is either remaining constant or going down. For all he or any of you know, it could actually have gone up.

So your lack of proof goes both ways. It might be 7-8 million for all we know.

Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

It's not only the difficulty though. It's not like stratholme or ubrs were that hard in vanilla. Just now the wow community is filled with people that whine about gearscore, achievements, that go absolutely crazy when something goes wrong, call people scrubs, spam dps meters, demand you to overgear instances by a few tiers and so on. The hardcore early adopters made a much more interesting community, which matters a lot in an mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Actually part of that isn't even remotely close to common sense. He assumes that the number with the difference of China subtracted is either remaining constant or going down. For all he or any of you know, it could actually have gone up.

So your lack of proof goes both ways. It might be 7-8 million for all we know.

Note: i said common sense, NOT mathematical sense.

obviously he was exaggerating about china being equal to 50% of the wow population, but from what I've already noticed through your post, you didn't consider what you were thinking before you posted it.
    Yeah, about that.... the Frozen throne is at the bottom of Icecrown Citadel... not the top. Not to mention this entire idea is dumb as hell.
    actually who the fuck am i kidding the frozen throne is at the top end of discussion.

Well, i do, i like everything wotlk brought

and yes, i even love facerolled Heroics at the END onf an expansion (as we started it wasnt all that easy, easy yes, but not as easy as now)
    and i HATE the "new wow community" people arent able to run a single dungeon without insulting someone in the party, and shittalking about DPSOMGZORS!!!! while constantly overnuking and dieing, well whatever, i like WotLK, yet i quit the game today for the horrible playerbase

No i wasn't, there are many articles on the Internet that say China made up around 6 million players in WoW. China making close to 50% of all WoW players is accurate according to the articles you can google.

China has the largest population on Earth of any nation (in the smallest land mass), they are like a continent in terms of population by themselves.
    ok, now i want proof
    i know about china, but i want to see for myself that they made up 50% of the wow population

Yes. Come Cataclysm we are gonna have these same threads talking about it is total fucking shit and how Wrath so was so much better. Its just how it goes with this game and these people. Everyone always hates what they have and love what they had. No one is ever happy and they always wanna bitch and moan about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    First and most important, I am not your mate.

You were one of the baddies that didn't get to see the content? You didn't have a chance to join a guild cause you were bad? Or you were one of those in a guild who never got taken to raids or didn't get loot because you were bad? Maybe you didn't play at all? Maybe you struggled so hard to play and enjoy cause you were too bad without proper addons? Jealous? Or you never made it to level 60?
    Either way i feel sorry for you and the fact that you don't have the same feeling, I really do.
    If it wasnt for the vanilla players who so gently try to keep the game alive, stayed here and still try to teach baddies how to play, there wouldnt be any game. They mostly stay because they hope, somewhere inside, that it will become the same again one day.
    I pity you for having no compassion.
    first of all wow your words hurt me so.....pal

and secondly your overuse of the word scrub in other posts makes me realise your one of those elitist pricks that thinks because you were in the 3% of people who managed to clear ALL Vanilla raids you are in fact a god who graces us with your time and energy.

well please allow me to explain to you that you are the sort of person that the general populus of this game hates and you can sit up there on your high horse for as long as you want. What your not going to get is your own way. Blizzard arent going to ruin the game by making everything so crazy difficult that only a tiny percentage of people get to play it sucesfully and thus feel that they have actualy accomplished something in life.

oh and you can call me a scrub all you want but the fact remains that you dont know me from adam, true i dont know you either however your writing style and general aggresion leads me to beleive you are all tohse things i have mentioned above.