Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Does anybody actually like WotLK?

^^^
    Seems like everybody wishes they were still playing vanilla or tbc

Re: Does anybody actually like WotLK?

Oh jeez, not this shit again
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

da troll is hungray!

There are some good and there are some bad things in Wotlk.

However "bad" is dominating here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity
    The whole concept of gear disparities in PvP is just terrible. It's like going to the Tour de France and having to ride a tricycle because it's your first year there and you can't get the better bicycles until you've "grinded" out a few races. Then, for whatever reason, people who win or place in the race get EVEN BETTER bicycles than the rest of the contestants, and if you don't perform well on your first-year tricycle, you don't get an upgraded bicycle at all.

In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.

change is bad! nostalgia is a safe haven for everyone scared of said change.

Yargg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Who is Athene, lol tought you meant the city at first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Worlds greatest paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Yes, and scientology is speaking the truth

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frostboulder
    ^^^
    Seems like everybody wishes they were still playing vanilla or tbc
    Trolls has lost all imagination and originality lately.

0/10

I like games but games change but i like games so its ok

I've had more fun in WotLK than I had in BC or Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    Oh jeez, not this shit again
    Oh jeez,not this oh jeez,not this shit again chain quote again

Deleted

i like it

Wrath was a weak expansion. Too much of the same and little to the better

Vanilla TBC and Wotlk are incredible in different ways. Vanilla had a sense of scale and difficulty, tbc introduced more lore based story line progression and wotlk brought new quest mechanics such as vehicle control. Although certainly not an exhaustive list each gave something unique and gripping to players. While i indeed have nostalgia and miss vanilla in many ways i won't slate other expansions for not copying it. Each expansion was amazing in its own right and Blizzard have clearly worked hard to bring us new, exciting and different content. Roll on Cataclysm!

I do.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

there were aspects of tBC/Vanilla that I prefered, but there are things I would never give up in WoTLK.

edit: english, wtf did I type

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kaytree
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytree
    Yes of course, it has nothing to do with how the community went downhill at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    Yes of course, it has nothing to do with how the community went downhill at all.
    If WoW was a "single-player" game it would rule. Sadly the community is so large it's like 7th or 8th grade all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

I for one love wotlk. I play a priest so i have received a few nerfs but none that ive felt the need to complain. I feel overall Wrath actually feels like blizzard wanted us to truly experience the story. Ive played since vanilla so i have first hand experience of all three differents "games" shall we say.

The problem with vanilla was that even though there were so many things to do and raids that were difficult, I didnt feel drawn into the universe. I didnt know what exactly my reasons for going to these end game dungeons were. Yeah they may have explained these things in the quest log but that wasnt really immersive enough for me.

My problem with BC was that although it improved upon vanilla with the odd scripted event, the sheer mish-mash release of the dungeons sort of made me think that i didnt really have a reason to stay in outland, I mean yeah there was the threat of the burning legion and up until the first patch there was always illidan but after patch 2.1 or whatever I felt very alienated in the new environments.

Now I loved wotlk from the opening event with the attack on org ( im a hordie so im not sure if it happened to the alliance sorry:P). I felt that we were going to northrend for a reason, I was constantly reminded throughout the expansion that I was never truly safe, Barring lagaran of course. It made me feel like we were making headway against the lich king throughout the entire expnsion. He was there, he was watching us, we were constantly under attack from every direction.

To sum it up wrath is basically a step in the right direction as far as x-pacs go. However there are still certain things that need to be improved upon, but it looks like blizz has improved these aspects for cat so overrall im a happy bunny :P