Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stats Changes, Masteries, Terrain Phasing

Quote Originally Posted by Beasticus
    I think blizzard will just delete enhance shamans. Adding a few more % mana returned to Shamanistic rage is too complicated.
    thanks for confirmation that you have no idea how enha works.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zaruz
    damn, that lich king artwork is my new desktop background :P
    Same here :P All the 3.3 artwork is awesome tbh
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    thanks for confirmation that you have no idea how enha works.
    Look, currently hunters and enhance shamans use intel. In cataclysm, neither will. All the kinks will be worked out, try not to loose sleep on it.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Blizzard needs to stop ruining wow imo these updates making the game "simpler" is going to destroy the game, where is the fun in stacking 1 stat, I like itemizing my gear and having various effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmking
    You whiny ass shithead. You don't even do the fucking math in the game. You go to Elitist Jerk and do whatever they say.

And if you do the math yourself, why don't you fucking use your fucking math skills to help NASA build a fucking rocket ship instead of a fucking MMO game?

Shit!
    FPS -> THAT WAY, guess its a lost battle , but other skillz than just being able to click as fast as you can was one of the things i liked about mmo's.
    if you get that "other" knowledge from ej or you actually do it yourselves is irrelevant , you still needed to investigate it and it was a fun mini game in itself , most of the math is basic 1+2 and a maybe think about it more than 1 sec thats all. , but i guess it doesnt matter you FPS guys won , whatever you had to carefully think about before will now finally be gone. have fun in your game.

cheers

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nissen
    just being able to click as fast as you can was one of the things i liked about mmo's.
    lol arena

except clicking is slamming your keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Beasticus
    Look, currently hunters and enhance shamans use intel. In cataclysm, neither will. All the kinks will be worked out, try not to loose sleep on it.
    enhas will use mana, sheesh. point is, it wouldnt be the first time they messed up with something and shaman were the ones screwed the most, so yes, i will be worried until they provide some info about how enhas will work

Prediction: All the cry babies about stat simplification will still be playing and theorycrafting during cataclysm. Please prove me wrong, I'd prefer it.

Also, this is a legit question, how exactly will these changes get rid of theorycrafting? Won't you still have to plug numbers when you have a choice over, say, crit and haste. And won't mastery be insanely theorcrafting friendly. I just don't understand what the problem is. My guess is you guys just can't see the big picture and assume anything that is good for casuals is bad for nerds. Sorry, I refuse to call you guys hardcore. Lil Joker in cell block 4 is hardcore. You're just nerds who take a video game way to seriously. And really there is nothing wrong with being a nerd, you just gotta call a spade a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx
    Prediction: All the cry babies about stat simplification will still be playing and theorycrafting during cataclysm. Please prove me wrong, I'd prefer it.

Also, this is a legit question, how exactly will these changes get rid of theorycrafting? Won't you still have to plug numbers when you have a choice over, say, crit and haste. And won't mastery be insanely theorcrafting friendly. I just don't understand what the problem is. My guess is you guys just can't see the big picture and assume anything that is good for casuals is bad for nerds. Sorry, I refuse to call you guys hardcore. Lil Joker in cell block 4 is hardcore. You're just nerds who take a video game way to seriously. And really there is nothing wrong with being a nerd, you just gotta call a spade a spade.

I'm right there with you. When I first got into this game, I was one of those players that would be confused about why they had to make so many changes and why they would do things certain ways. As odd as certain things that the folks a Blizzards are doing may seem, they usually always work out for the better. I think the updates will help refine the stats, minimizing confusion not just for casuals, but for the hardcore players as well. There are so many things that overlap in this came, they changes certainly make sense if people really think about it. I don't see what's so wrong about caturing parts of the game to casuals, or what's so wrong with casuals. Not everyone can spend 40 plus hours playing just this one game. The game has elements for all types of players, lore for the big role players out there, PvP for the competitive types, hard modes for the hardcore players looking for a challenge, minipets and etc. for the vannity junkies, and the new LFG among other things for those with less time to play.

Regardless of what happens, there's always going to be QQ'ers, trolls, theorycrafters, and just people here to play the game. Most of the people complaining here probablly still have a $15/month subscription, as they will continue to have for the next year if not longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten
    Still waiting for blizzard to make it a 1stat-1race-1class game.
    Don't worry, if the majority of the PVP community (including Arena Junkies posters) get their way, blizz will remove racials in competitive pvp, making at least 1/3rd of your statement true.

And they probably want to go back to TBC, where only RMP and Resto Druid/Warriors were viable, so that makes the other part true.

There's already only 1 set of PVP gear for most classes, so if Blizz caves to the people that want to ban PVE gear from competitive PVP too, then your entire statement will be true, and it will all be the desire of people who "play" this game!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

15+ Year Old Account

This is a toddler MMO after all, so the dumbing down part was expected a long ass time ago. Not a surprise.

All these stat changes is just making things simpler in a way where you can enjoy the game without thinking. WoW is almost like TV. But is this a bad thing? To MMO vets who are addicted to WoW, it sure is. But for newbies? Nah.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten
    Still waiting for blizzard to make it a 1stat-1race-1class game.
    /nods head

those changes look fantastic. it feels like they're going back to the roots of what made vanilla wow so great and improving on it

im a bit skeptical about removing the whole spell power and attack power stat marks, How will i live without giant green bolded letters telling me how good i am?

All that aside, im sure this'll greatly simplify gear understanding and most of the improvements are big leaps forward into making the game more comfortable for.. YES. CASUALS. Lets face it, if you're not a casual, youre probably an addict like i used to be. The game really loses its touch after 6 or so hours a day... imo any more than 2 is social suicide. Good work blizz keep it coming!
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmking
    Shithead.

Vanilla had horrible itemization while some of the stats introduced in BC are useless to some specs. Armor Penetration = useless to Rets and Enhancement.

And they're removing AP and SP because when you get new gear, you have to make a choice but it's harder to do that when one gear has more agility but the other gear has more attack power and you have to do the math.

This is an effing MMO game not NASA. If you want to do a math go to college or build a rocket ship for NASA.

Shitheads like you need to die.
    RAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Don't worry, if the majority of the PVP community (including Arena Junkies posters) get their way, blizz will remove racials in competitive pvp, making at least 1/3rd of your statement true.

And they probably want to go back to TBC, where only RMP and Resto Druid/Warriors were viable, so that makes the other part true.

There's already only 1 set of PVP gear for most classes, so if Blizz caves to the people that want to ban PVE gear from competitive PVP too, then your entire statement will be true, and it will all be the desire of people who "play" this game!
    Pretty much.

Blizzard is just removing the "choices" and "unique" qualities of the game.

But I'll quote Ibbi here cause he has a great point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi
    All these stat changes is just making things simpler in a way where you can enjoy the game without thinking.

WoW is almost like TV. But is this a bad thing? To MMO vets who are addicted to WoW, it sure is. But for newbies? Nah.
    Really just sucks there aren't any really good MMOs to really go off to currently, they either fail horrible or have some serious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettyo
    And the game gets harder to distinguish scrubs i mean we give tier from badges and now we give them only 1 gem choice. Soon items will come fully enchanted for the different classes.
    Not wanting to plug all of my gear into a spreadsheet each time I want to check my possible upgrades vs drops doesn't exactly make me a scrub. I've done enough multi-variable calculus in my life that I need not do it while playing a game.

While I agree that eventually boiling it down to one final stat of "+good" would be a bit much, some streamlining needed to be done on the gear since gem sockets, possible enchants, green +stat text, and base stats really made it annoying to find the correct combination of them all to maintain the required +hit/crit/AP/Str/ArPen ratios to maximize DPS on a shifting sweet spot with a given build, but worthless to another character of the same class with three different talent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    Not wanting to plug all of my gear into a spreadsheet each time I want to check my possible upgrades vs drops doesn't exactly make me a scrub. I've done enough multi-variable calculus in my life that I need not do it while playing a game.

While I agree that eventually boiling it down to one final stat of "+good" would be a bit much, some streamlining needed to be done on the gear since gem sockets, possible enchants, green +stat text, and base stats really made it annoying to find the correct combination of them all to maintain the required +hit/crit/AP/Str/ArPen ratios to maximize DPS on a shifting sweet spot with a given build, but worthless to another character of the same class with three different talent choices.
    I hear using rawr is a lot easier then a spreadsheet.....or just knowing the in-outs of your class works also.

i'm SURE all the people complaining here were the ones creating all the TC on elitistjerks, RAWR & co. plus you never read guides on how to kill a new boss but worked hard for the kill and built your own tactics. yeah, SURE... but complaining is the new thing of the 21st century, no?

life is good.

Seriously, why the fuck do you whine about stats being easier to handle?
    Removing def rating, ap, spellpower.. who the fuck cares? Buhu, I wanna theorycraft? As Piptooth said, he like to therocraft.. but yet he let's RAWR do the work for him? He clicks with his mouse a couple of times.. geez, theorycrafting with addons are hard.
    I, personally.. don't give a shit about the statchanges.. they are bitching way to much with stat-balancing and does not focus on RAID MAKING, when I first started the game.. it was about raiding.. it was fun! Now it's only a load of bullshit and cunts like Piptooth that think they are hardcore cuz they can use addons. Fuck that, I want hard raiding content.. I don't give a shit about which stats are on the gear.. stats are fucking stats in the end! Would you rather spend 90% of your playtime calculating stats, and 10% on raiding? How fun is that? I'm not saying math is boring, hard.. or anything else. But I don't play this fucking game to do math. To all of you dipshits whining about stat changes out there, fuck off.

And yeah, this is loads of nerd-rage. I quit this game for one reason, and one reason only.. the raids are bullshit! People care to fucking much about stats.

For the people wondering, here's how I predict the Feral talent bonuses to look:

1. Increased Agility.
    2. Increaed Critical Strike chance (threat/Savage Defense for bears, more Attack Power/Crit for Cats.
    3. When in Bear Form, (insert nice Bear bonus here). When in Cat Form, your critical hits do xx% more damage. Or something along those lines.

Really, it's not that complicated.