Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stats Changes, Masteries, Terrain Phasing

Srsly, removing everything.

Arp too mathy? Well, GOD FORBID that anyone actually had to think for a sec?
    Jeez..

I'm so over this game now.
    - Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert
    Yeah...a stat that makes me better at what I do? So if I am good at heals, should I stack armor penetration now?
    No... If you're good at heals, you stack mastery, which doesn't give you ArP because you don't benefit from it, reading is hard.

Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)

• Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.
    Wah, So Agility gets to continue on as a superstat (AP, crit, dodge, armor buff) but plate wearers have to soldier on with Str which only gives AP. Yea....

10+ Year Old Account

Wah, So Agility gets to continue on as a superstat (AP, crit, dodge, armor buff) but plate wearers have to soldier on with Str which only gives AP. Yea....

I have to agree with you to a point here.Perhaps blizz may allow strength to provide plate wearing classes with extra crit since agil / AP gear is becoming a wasted stat for us. On that note what about deathknights dual wield weapons? Will we get any benefit from the agil on our weapons? although as someone pointed out on a different thread with the new reforging ability for crafters in Cataclysm maybe we can turn it into strength?

Oh and strength doesnt just give AP for plate wearers. It also gives block for paladins and warriors , and parry for death knights.Kinda useless to dps though.

EDIT ; fixed broken quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubby

• Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.
    Because Blizzard never said that you would get talents that give you crit via strength...

Quote Originally Posted by Nenaunir
    I really wonder how they end up dealing with mastery's in the Feral tree for druids, considering this tree is used both for tanking and dps and as such i hope there's a way to get either survivability mastery or damage mastery or otherwise they probably effectively kill of feral dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxic
    I wonder how they will do the passive talent bonuses on death knights. Seeing as you can tank/dps in any talent tree. I hope they don't give up on that idea and just make a "prot" talent tree to replace one of those .
    I was wondering about that myself. The only solution I thought of was that you get different stat bonuses depending on the form you're in for druids (cat vs. bear) and the presence you're in for Death Knights (blood & unholy vs. frost).

Sounds a bit cumbersome though.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDran
    That seems very interesting, (Sylvanas involved with the arrows/death of LK it looks like)
    Nooo don't die LK :'(

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wubby

What's the big deal? You get armor from plate, you don't really need the dodge (because you already have superior armor and stamina) - it's just the extra crit. Thing is, strength users are balanced to be on par with agility users - but as soon as the strength users put on agility gear it gets OP (hence the whole making agility gear less desirable for strength users). So in reality you're whining about not being able to put on agility gear to be OP and that the stat itself is better than strength without considering anything else...

I'm much more interested in knowing why warriors changes aren't to be seen anywhere in the haste changes? Rogues, DKs, hunters, shamans, druids and paladins will have their benefits from haste increased, but to warriors it stays a mediocre stat?

10+ Year Old Account

I would say because there isn't really much of a benefit they could get from haste. Increased rage gen comes to mind but that could end up being op if over done. Plus it would be a waste for tanks who , if spec'd properly , have plenty of rage.
    HEY GUYS

Fuck you.

15+ Year Old Account

instant fears gg

I have a feeling that feral druids are gonna get screwed with that new "system".. Either that or dumbed down. 0/76/0 builds inc. Cuz right now we all have a lot of points in resto to pick a few talents there. Just like any other class always has a few tps in other trees. The point is you cant just dump all the talents in one tree, fill out everything possible and it'd be the best. Or feral tree is gonna be so bloated with talents that you can't possibly fill it out even if spending 76 there?

I don't know.. This is so disturbing, how are they gonna split dps and tanking mastery since it's both in one tree? Or give 2 masteries at once? Damage reduction and damage increase? Wouldnt it be considered "op"?

But i bet they will half-ass it like they alwas did in the last 5 years. leading to subpar, crude gameplay and raw power lack that you can only make up for with exceptional player skill >.< Considering general dumbing down of stuff it's gonna get harder for pro players to outshine mediocrity.

warlocks are going to be retarded op in beta

Quote Originally Posted by Brettyo
    And the game gets harder to distinguish scrubs i mean we give tier from badges and now we give them only 1 gem choice. Soon items will come fully enchanted for the different classes.
    Don't worry you'll be still be able to tell who the scrubs are. Just like now they'll be the ones who cannot play their class, stand in the fire, and completely fail at pvp.

I am most concerned with the increase in Stamina.

If they are buffing stamina considerably, how will damage by handled.

In PvE, they have said they want healers to have a more interesting game style, choosing expensive heals over cheap ones, a constant healing stream for tanks.

Granted the raid should require a lot less healing, but if the Raid is getting buffed with stamina also, damage from AoE effects is going to be buffed also. This means that healers will need to be able to heal that much damage back. Meaning that the increased health isn't really effecting anything. AoE hits 5k per tick now, if its hitting 25k per tick in Cataclysm then healers will need to be able to heal 25k per tick to compensate.

From a tank perspective, they are saying it will be steady damage, and lots of it. But if a healer can heal 25k damage per tick I am not sure how much is going to change in raids?

If everything is being scaled equally, I don't think there is any change in dynamic at all.

Anyhow, I guess we will see how it all plays out.

Deleted

It's really a bad thing. I am playing Wow since the begining ( with some pause ), and I love the Theorycraft.
    By removing powerspell, armor penetration and some others things, they're destroying the math's fun.

Still hate the Focus idea for hunters, If i wanted to play some with energy i would have rolled a rogue or a druid 5 years ago when i started playing. I´m happy with being a hunter with mana as it is and they just change it

QQ.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_015.jpg

lighting overload. lol wtf... its already in game so why is it a overhaul of talents when they aint done fuck all to it.rest look like good fun imo but cmon sort out shamans ffs
    stop leaving them with shitty talents and low hp

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eleméó
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_015.jpg

lighting overload. lol wtf... its already in game so why is it a overhaul of talents when they aint done fuck all to it.rest look like good fun imo but cmon sort out shamans ffs
    stop leaving them with shitty talents and low hp
    ...they are giving examples of how they want talents to work -.-. The 'interesting' talents.
    HEY GUYS

Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiol
    warlocks are going to be retarded op in beta
    Word.

I don't believe it will become more of what your seeing now, its going to be more of what we used to have in vanilla wow.

For example: If you were healing a tank in MC for example. The raid required more than one healer on the tank, and for good reason, because not all classes had HOTS, instants, etcs. Now with the health pools going up all the way round, and blizzard openly stating that they want more decision based healing, I would suspect it will be a combination of our current progression of talents/abilities with some regression into the old style.

I am guessing you will be able to take a Shaman with earth shield, and use him on the main tank for ES, and lets say Riptide. Then the shaman would revert to his chain heals and help heal the raid. I'm guessing that spells like Riptide will not be as powerful as they are now, and you will need to go back and use your base spells in more regularly than you do now. I.E. Keeping Riptide and ES up, and using Healing Wave, and Lesser Healing Wave together in support of each other to keep the targets topped off.

Lets face it, face rolling like you can now is absolutely boring.

I have played a healer (priest/shaman) and tank (warrior/pally/dk) throughout wow's existence, and am loving some things they have already brought back.

I love Halls of Reflection on my warrior; gives me nostalgia, because you can't just run in and dps things down. You have to use all your tools, and play smart. Challenges like that are what made vanilla wow so good at times.

I hope they keep coming with these types of changes, it only can help make the game better.