Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm Stats Changes, Masteries, Terrain Phasing

Anyone who's crying that they're going to be losing the "fun" of plugging numbers into a spreadsheet and doing math for hours to figure out if a different pair of boots is going to give them a minor DPS increase or not needs to get out of their mom's basement and go outside for a while, jeez.

also "QQ I wont have to tab out of WoW and check this loot that dropped in Rawr to see if it's an upgrade, only to tab back in and see I missed the rolls for the item I was checking QQ" wat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron
    Anyone who's crying that they're going to be losing the "fun" of plugging numbers into a spreadsheet and doing math for hours to figure out if a different pair of boots is going to give them a minor DPS increase or not needs to get out of their mom's basement and go outside for a while, jeez.

also "QQ I wont have to tab out of WoW and check this loot that dropped in Rawr to see if it's an upgrade, only to tab back in and see I missed the rolls for the item I was checking QQ" wat.
    *WHOOSH*

i think they really spoil the fun..

now is the challange to get the maximum efactive combination of gear... and after they change it this will turn to be what better 1str or 1 agi..
    it's idiotic

like Diablo 2 all the items rank was how much str u have is more dmg.. that's the most boaring thing they can do
    for example tanks wont have def rating? so u just put few points on talent tree and u capped?? bah
    the meaning avoidance will disappear.. all the tanks will be pure stamina tanks
    and this is just crap

i think the moment they will do this i will stop play the game

Does anybody have any links to the panel where there talking about the improved phasing tech?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by windyblue
    those changes look fantastic. it feels like they're going back to the roots of what made vanilla wow so great and improving on it
    I lol'd hard

Hunters are receiving... a massive pair of overalls.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz
    Hunters are receiving... a massive pair of overalls.

Yes. A pair of massive overalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Piptooth
    Can't do 7th Grade math? lolumad?
    Precisely : the maths that 99% people use in WoW are totally trivial and non-interesting.

People either don't optimize their gear, either visit Elitist Jerks and simply do what is written. If you are complaining about the game being less interesting because you don't have to visit EJ where you learn that you have to compute 2 + 2 anymore, then you probably have no idea of what "interesting" means...

It's stupid. It's preferable to have less stats but understandable, and to use you brain to know which you should chose, rather than having a lot of stats and go on a website without questionning what you are told there.

The only ones who could possibly claim that the game is becoming more trivial are the true theorycrafters or so. I mean the guy that codes Rawr or writes the Excel spreadsheet. Not the ones that let does soft do all the job, which has no interest at all.

I am very curious to see how they re-organize the talent trees to accommodate these changes.

For instance, they specifically list 'Fire and Brimstone' as being the type of passive talent that would get cut. This talent is indeed passive, but it only affects a few spells, and effects them in a major way that changes the damage rotation for the tree. You won't be able to replace this effect with some global passive mastery, so if you flatly remove it, that will be a large reduction in power for the spells unless you offset the spells themselves with direct buffs.

That also seems unlikely though; having to go around and make little tweaks to all the spells and abilities that are effected by targeted passive talents like this in order to offset the removal of said talents. If that were the idea, why even make the change to the talents in the first place? Seems like it would only exacerbate the issue of having too many complicated tooltips. What seems more likely, is that they will just wipe the slate clean, and rebuild all 30 trees, disconnecting them entirely from the playstyle we are used to at level 80.

Naturally, that might not be the most comforting thought for some, but I am genuinely excited to see what they come up with.

Another thing, is the Critical Bonus Damage talents. I don't see any mastery stats on the rogue or pally trees that increase bonus crit damage. This stat in particular currently only exists in talents, is passive, and is absolutely vital to any spec that has it available. One such talent (for arcane mages) is on the chopping block in the presentation, so we must assume that to be the same for other classes as well. Very curious to see if this stat just disappears, or if they find some way of making it affected by gear.

If they put this in as a mastery, I think any damage spec without it would just end up being abandoned by the playerbase.

fuck, Im gonna have to regem all my warriors shit with strength at the start of cataclysm. All my armor pen gems will be wasted
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    How is gay offensive? You know that gay has more meanings than just homosexual right. You should chill out and go smoke a fag.

Deleted

lol so many fucked decisions by blizzard. Whoever is in charge for these changes should get fired. Removing alot of stats takes away diversity and makes the game boring. Noone will come up with cool off specs, noone will come up with unique gear spec that open up cool tactics. First no unique 10man dungeons, then many different versions of the same bosses and now this. Wtf is going on. This is what wow will look in 2 years:

Cataclysm 2(why come up witha new name when you just can add a 2):

Northrend revised! The cold place have become warm and penguins replaced by rabbits! OH YEA
    All old dungeons being merged to one singel dungeon to make it simple for everyone. Ofcourse it only have one boss too. Same dungeon for 5,10,25 man! SICK!
    All stats removed to make it easy for everyone to understand! No more hard decisions to make "should i have int or str on my warrior?"! THANK GOD!

Anyone know what the original devs are working on nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by mmaker
    lol so many fucked decisions by blizzard. Whoever is in charge for these changes should get fired. Removing alot of stats takes away diversity and makes the game boring. Noone will come up with cool off specs, noone will come up with unique gear spec that open up cool tactics. First no unique 10man dungeons, then many different versions of the same bosses and now this. Wtf is going on. This is what wow will look in 2 years:

Cataclysm 2(why come up witha new name when you just can add a 2):

Northrend revised! The cold place have become warm and penguins replaced by rabbits! OH YEA
    All old dungeons being merged to one singel dungeon to make it simple for everyone. Ofcourse it only have one boss too. Same dungeon for 5,10,25 man! SICK!
    All stats removed to make it easy for everyone to understand! No more hard decisions to make "should i have int or str on my warrior?"! THANK GOD!

You retarded dipshit.

Guess that sums it up..

Deleted

hi blind fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by mmaker
    hi blind fanboy
    hi, quit wow, cry more, eat(!), and then realise that spellpower really is boring, ap makes rogues and hunters sad and ArP is truely too math and you'll just be copy'ing some tard on the interwebs that sorts it all out for you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Just wondering how that paladin -abi cd will affect on rotations.. : /
    Zenlyth
    Blue Poster
    "freedom of speech", unfortunately, does not belong in the World of Warcraft environment.

Armor Penetration and Expertise are too strange and random. We need stats like Endurance...(Running speed/length)

That would be pretty cool right? PvPers could play with fun stats like Endurance and get 35% constant running speed.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDran
    That seems very interesting, (Sylvanas involved with the arrows/death of LK it looks like)
    If you notice on the back of the cover the skeleton is wearing Bolvar's armor.