Decursive Question

Hi there

Just a quick question about the above mentioned Addon. It is currently set for "Abolish Disease" when your target is afflicted. However we have found through painful experience that this is not ideal for curing the Necrotic Plague in the Lich King encounter as it is not instantly removed all of the time (most of the time it does but I have seen times where it has been successfully cast using the addon however the "cure" does not kick in for another 1 or even 2 seconds) . I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the spell used "Abolish Disease" to the more reliable "Cure Disease" which does work instantly. I have searched everywhere - on Curse.com the designer of the addon did reply to a very similar question asked of him with "Check the FAQ" - however I have checked and cannot find a reference to changing the preset Spell decursive uses for Priest disease dispelling.

Would appreciate any help!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Decursive Question

1) It's not not curing, it's failing. You need to do more research on Necrotic Plague firstly.
    2) That's not why it's bad to use Abolish, there's another better one.
    3) You will need to have 2-3 people on it with you
    4) I'm not sure how to use Decursive (Grid + Clique here), but either way I recommend you make a Power Aura with a timer so that you can properly time all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    1) It's not not curing, it's failing. You need to do more research on Necrotic Plague firstly.
    2) That's not why it's bad to use Abolish, there's another better one.
    3) You will need to have 2-3 people on it with you
    4) I'm not sure how to use Decursive (Grid + Clique here), but either way I recommend you make a Power Aura with a timer so that you can properly time all of them.
    Thanks for your input however I know how Necrotic Plague works. That is not the issue, the issue is what is being used by the addon to cure the Plague. It is not being cured quick enough some of the times (i believe because of the 3 second window of curing which abolish has, it is not always being cured when it is first cast, when it is needed)

Abolish Disease is the problem. I need to use Cure Disease.

Our Paladins have no issue in solo dispelling, neither should Priests to be honest.

Decursive does a fine job of telling me who is afflicted, it just uses Abolish Disease in curing and it is this which is causing the problem I believe. If it cannot be changed Im sure I can use Healbot, I just have always used Decursive for this sort of thing as it has always been reliable in the past.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
    Thanks for your input however I know how Necrotic Plague works.
    As the primary dispeller for my guild, and based on the rest of your post: no, you don't.

I'm not trying to argue with you here, only tell you that there's aspects to the Plague / Abolish that you're simply not comprehending yet. My recommendation would be to do some research on both, but I'm sure someone will be along to hand feed you the answer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
    ... "cure" does not kick in for another 1 or even 2 seconds)
    tooltip of abolish disease: "Attempts to cure 1 disease effect on the target, and 1 more disease effect every 3 seconds thereafter for 12 sec.", when I'm not completely wrong this means that one disease effect is cured immidiately, and then, 3 sec after the first cure, it attempts to dispel another disease

cure disease does only cure one disease, there is no cure-over-time-effect

so: cure disease < abilish disease

Quote Originally Posted by vemynal
    tooltip of abolish disease: "Attempts to cure 1 disease effect on the target, and 1 more disease effect every 3 seconds thereafter for 12 sec.", when I'm not completely wrong this means that one disease effect is cured immidiately, and then, 3 sec after the first cure, it attempts to dispel another disease

cure disease does only cure one disease, there is no cure-over-time-effect

so: cure disease < abilish disease
    You would think so wouldnt you? However I have found whilst dispelling that Abolish Disease does not remove the plague immediately all the time and those poor peeps waiting anxiously beside the shambling horror wonder what has happened to their dispell as they die. Now if Cure Disease works instantly all the time then I would not have to worry about the times where Abolish might fail. Making Cure Disease a bit more reliable and safer to use.

As the primary dispeller for my guild, and based on the rest of your post: no, you don't.

I'm not trying to argue with you here, only tell you that there's aspects to the Plague / Abolish that you're simply not comprehending yet. My recommendation would be to do some research on both, but I'm sure someone will be along to hand feed you the answer.
    Perhaps you could try explaining it instead of trying to sound superior while also providing no assistance. If you didn't want to help, don't reply, but don't waste peoples time. Honestly, why bother making posts like these? You are not helping anyone, and you are being too vague to actually give them an idea on what they should be looking for.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Decursive creates a macro that is used. Just enter /m in chat and you should see the decursive macro. You can change this to use another spell.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Decursive creates a macro that is used. Just enter /m in chat and you should see the decursive macro. You can change this to use another spell.
    Thank you very much Samin. Something constructive I can go and put into use. ;D

Thank you all who contributed positively in my request for help.

The problem looks like it has been sorted.

My knowledge of Macros is very limited and Samin was correct in saying that I only had to merely change the Macro which Decursive uses from Abolish Disease, to Cure Disease. Hopefully this will help me in my dispelling duties.

Thanks again.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Perhaps you could try explaining it instead of trying to sound superior while also providing no assistance. If you didn't want to help, don't reply, but don't waste peoples time. Honestly, why bother making posts like these? You are not helping anyone, and you are being too vague to actually give them an idea on what they should be looking for.
    Take it as 'sounding superior' and vague if you wish, but it's how I'm going to choose to help in regards to this issue.

He has a problem that he thinks is one thing, but it's really another. Until he solves the real problem they will continue to have issues. For things like this where I personally have done a good bit of research and log searching, I simply can't bring myself to handing out the information. He can and should be able to figure it out on his own. Besides it's still progression content and I've already said more than enough to help him on the path, which no one else has done as of yet.

If you feel like going above that, have at. If you feel like that's not helping enough to live up your standard of help, so be it. If your only contribution to this thread is you saying I wasn't contributing adequately to the thread: that would be ironic.

No, you completely sound superior and unhelpful. People do not come on here to be gently pushed in the right direction. He is asking a question. If you know what the problem he is encountering is then help him. Otherwise shut up and don't post.

Some ppl are just so self serving and useless. It's a forum; help, be positive or shut up.

/end rant

To the OP, sorry as a holy pally that has killed LK I have never had an issue cleansing the disease. I do have a druid that hasn't gotten to LK yet but I have never had an issue with abolish disease not removing a debuff the instant it is cast and then again on subsequent ticks it removes another disease. Hopefully swapping which spell your casting helps but I'm not sure why it would based on personal experience and everything I've read abolish disease is the only spell thats needed and basically was an upgrade to the old cure disease making it obsolete.

Take it as 'sounding superior' and vague if you wish, but it's how I'm going to choose to help in regards to this issue.
    Yes, you do sound stupidly superior with that statement and you aren't helping the guy too much. Since you have spend time reading your logs, do you believe others should do that too in order to get to the same information you already have and could have told them before wasting their time? If that so, please stand up from your computer and stop using Internet. You haven't contributed to its invention and people that did didn't needed to share it with you but they did. It is plain stupid, isn't it?

/end rant

To the OP -- the reason sometimes your AD is NOT dispelling the disease is because the disease is a lvl 83 one and you as a healer most probably have 0 hit rating. It might sounds very strange to you, but hit rating DOES affect your defensive abilities and especially the AD one. That is probably why it says 'Attempts to remove one' and not 'Removes one'. Don't bother, as suggested above, to wipe your raid and look in combat logs. You will see something like this there:

Abolish Disease Effect fails to dispell Necrotic Plague

To overcome this, use Cure instead of Abolish I hope I was more helpful than the person above.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by valdemark
    To the OP -- the reason sometimes your AD is NOT dispelling the disease is because the disease is a lvl 83 one and you as a healer most probably have 0 hit rating. It might sounds very strange to you, but hit rating DOES affect your defensive abilities and especially the AD one. That is probably why it says 'Attempts to remove one' and not 'Removes one'. Don't bother, as suggested above, to wipe your raid and look in combat logs. You will see something like this there:

To overcome this, use Cure instead of Abolish I hope I was more helpful than the person above.
    You need to do your research as well.

They fail at Hit Cap. They both have the same chance to fail.

just spam the spell man.

edit: too vague sorry. spam it, so incase it fails.. oo look another one is coming right bedind it :-P
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Strange. Abolish disease should never fail, esp in pve situation. You should try to manually dispel the plague on your raid frame to see if the problem persist instead of backing to inferior cure disease. On first cure attempt, both spells are identical.

I run LK with zero Hit and have never missed when removing a disease and I'm usually the sole person responsible for it.

Also, there really isn't a difference between Abolish Disease and Curse Disease as far as removing the Disease when the person is in position. The problem with Abolish Disease is that it can cause problems if someone has it and happens to get the Disease again while it's still ticking and it can cause it to bounce off of them onto someone else in the raid. This isn't generally a problem, but I have seen it cause problems when I've used it on someone who didn't position properly or I mistimed it. It can get even worse if positioning is bad in the transition phase.

I do, however, still find it advantageous to use when the off-tank gets it because, assuming positioning is correct, the adds should always be closer than anyone else and, thus, it should always bounce to them and ultimately save a GCD and some mana. Then again, I haven't felt stressed for either in the first phase, and the person healing the off-tank can handle it just fine, so why bother?

All-in-all, sure, Abolish Disease is theoretically better, but in a fight like LK where you want to plan when it's removed, Abolish Disease has the potential to mess that up, while Cure Disease doesn't.

I am always the dedicated dispeller for this fight.

I use abolish disease. I have it keybinded to 4. I click the person with the debuff on grid, wait till their debuff reaches 11 seconds remaining, then I press 4.

Works every time.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal ofc.

EDIT: With the positions we use, there's no chance of it bouncing around in an undesired fashion, so I don't even consider cure disease.

I have noticed it not dispelling immediately only a handful of times. It seems to wait till the 2nd tick of the abolish before dispelling. It is not the norm, but its enough for me to want to investigate further. It does appear that Decursive does not allow the macro to be changed to Cure Disease so I will just have to do as you all have done and rely on Abolish Disease and hope the times it does fail are few and far between.

Cheers