Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Is the Cataclysm happening now?

Change is already happening, animals in lowbie zones are getting different skins all sudden. For example diseased wolves in Elwynn Forest.

I felt several earthquakes while leveling some alts in the past few weeks. Two in Duskwood (I've checked if Stitches was nearby but he was no-where to be seen.), lasting about 5 seconds, 1 in the wetlands and 1 Ironforge. I've leveled many ALTs in the same areas, and also traveled many times with my main to this places and never felt these earthquakes before. I'm not sure if this is something as a pre-cataclysm event but it may well be.

Also Earthquakes in the Exodar (Its a recently crashed Spaceship, it shakes every once in a while), Silvermoon (dem Golems~!) many parts of Outlands, some parts of Nothrend (Coldraa specifically) and anywhere where "giants roam" (STV/Desolace/Ferelas/Ashenvale/Tedrasill/Winterspring/Fel Wood/Barrens/Durotor/Mulgore/Tanaris/Un'Goro/Arhati Highlands..maybe Moonglade? Omens? lol) can also be ruled out if you are where a giant is roaming as they shake the screen.

Also, besides earthquakes...Tauren Paladins/NightElf mages appearing. Diseased wolves in Elwynn...for human hunters to get those skins earlier? or something along those lines.

Maybe in mini-update patches for 3.3 Blizzard add something really small, but noticeable to people who pay attention relating to Cataclysm. BTW, did you know that since 3.3 was released the water level in the ocean has raised 2.4 inches? I saw it myself.

the diseased wolves are most likely nothing to do with the events of cataclysm but instead are a starter quest for human hunters imo.

I think that if your around some of the gysers in Borean erupt that they can also make your screen shake. Just saying...
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Many of the shaking is caused by mobs, pets, mounts, toys, quests, zones, NPCs, glitches, and other game mechanics which could of course be a coincidence. I'm not doubting the 'quakes, however, it may be unlikely that the Cataclysm is starti-

HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT ROCK? IT MOVED. IT WASN'T THERE LAST PATCH.

The earthquake happened to me in Org today, and other people standing around me. There was a mob on the PTR called shaker, and another shaker mob was added in another PTR patch i heard. Im not surprised about this being related to a launch event.

the cataclysm has started since my character farted and got chronic diareah thus earthquakes

Has anyone noticed Dwarf mages in Dalaran...
    Chaos will soon consume order...embrace it or it will destroy you.

Uh, the Cataclysm happens when Deathwing awakens and bursts into Azeroth... It's not slowly happening.. Lay off the pot when you're fishing and things wont randomly shake so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Imo yes, if you have noticed animals are migrating...diseased wolves in Elwynn...color changed boars in teldrassil. Little things like that.

Deleted

You know what this is actually so fucking weird because I experienced this like fifteen minutes ago.

I was in redridge on my alt just blinking back to the little town thingy, and I swear man the same thing happened like three times, the screen kinda shook. Weird, not sure what it is.

The events of the Cataclysm events will begin probably 1-2 months after Arthas is available.

I have yet to experience any of these quakes myself. What are these Shakers everyone is talking about? Some glitched NPC that is supposed to be unseen?
    "Malfurion can apparently pop everyone into the dream and make a dream state army.. oh and summon the forest animals in a way that makes Snow White jealous. He's like the Ace ventura of the Emerald Dream. "

Quote Originally Posted by Joniebonie
    I have yet to experience any of these quakes myself. What are these Shakers everyone is talking about? Some glitched NPC that is supposed to be unseen?
    As I understand it, the quake effect shows up in the combat log as being caused by this Shaker. I haven't seen it myself, so I could be talking crap of course.

I was leveling my alt in Feralas and I saw a Sprite Darter.I go at him and when I'm about to dismount he fell through the earth,and I saw his name under the ground while he was falling.Perhaps he has been eaten by the earth.
    Beware of Deathwing,he is hunting little,innocent dragons.I think he has a diabolical plan...or maybe he just wants to have kids and unfortunately Mrs. Deathwing has reached the menopause.

The Earthquakes were merely a setback!

Uh, the Cataclysm happens when Deathwing awakens and bursts into Azeroth... It's not slowly happening.. Lay off the pot when you're fishing and things wont randomly shake so much.
    no.. the cataclysm happens when the barier between Azeroth and the elemental plane weakens(most likely because of the crazed Ogre Cho'gul), and THEN Neltharion (deathwing) Bursts thru
    The Elemental plane coming in closer contact with azeroth will definately have risidual effects that will be felt all over the planet, Flooding.. earthquakes, huge storms, fires.. expect it all. these small quakes might just be the first we'll experiance

The next major patch will be most like 3.4.0 for anyone wondering, There's always been a PRE-EXPANSION patch which normally consists of the following.

1. being able to view the new world map, (although i admit cuz cataclysm is changing azeroth im not too sure, what will happen this time) e/g Before bc came out u could view the belf area and dranei area on map but couldn't zone.
    2. New talents being available, (once again in cataclysm there are no new talents just five extra points, also not sure on this, this time)
    3. being able to view new achievements and their rewards and some new rep factions etc etc
    4. some sort of pre-expansion event, For vanilla to bc it was Demon's attacking org etc, for bc to wrath it was the frostwyrm invasion etc etc, guessing some sorta pre-cataclysm event in 3.4.0
    5. Gear changing e/g once 3.4.0 hits ill bet all the gear will be converted to the new stats like "int" 'agil" etc

All that type of stuff really is in the pre-expansion patch.

I guess some of the other stuff in the cataclysm patch 3.4.0 will be stuff like, hunters changed to focus, warlocks shards updated, Can view path of the titans, just not access it, can view talents which are changed (and most likely spec them)
    Oh may be able to level Archeology a bit, correct me if im wrong but i beleive "inscription" came out BEFORE wrath, in the pre-expansion patch, so people could level it to a certain point so they weren't too behind for the expansion.

Being able to VIEW the new class combinations/races but not being able to pick them

So basically (And sorry for typing too much) just heaps of pre-stuff to give u a good idea of changes and whats to come.

Based on previous expansions i'd say most of the stuff if not all will be in 3.4.0 Your Pre-cataclysm patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgd
    The next major patch will be most like 3.4.0 for anyone wondering, There's always been a PRE-EXPANSION patch which normally consists of the following.
    alltho, for burning crusade it was patch 2.0, for wrath of the lich king it was 3.0. so it wont be 3.4, but 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkedOne
    no.. the cataclysm happens when the barier between Azeroth and the elemental plane weakens(most likely because of the crazed Ogre Cho'gul), and THEN Neltharion (deathwing) Bursts thru
    The Elemental plane coming in closer contact with azeroth will definately have risidual effects that will be felt all over the planet, Flooding.. earthquakes, huge storms, fires.. expect it all. these small quakes might just be the first we'll experiance
    Curious since you brought it up, does deathwing still assume a human form like the others? "neltharion" in this regard i guess. Or is he perma dragon? lol, i see alexstrasa, chromie, even nefarion etc etc all have their "human" forms. although im not really sure behind the lore, perhaps they merely transform as to not scare human's too much lol, i dunno but yeah.

Cuz i envision (and yeah getting ahead of myself i know lol) The first phase of DW being a "human form dw" with a tanky spanky + adds or whatever going on, then a second phase of dw in dragon form, and the other Dragon aspects chromie, alex etc etc etc, showing up for phase 2 and helping us out, meanwhile were doing something too lol.

i must admit i like the idea of other aspects showing up in the fight, in terms of everything, it makes sense, they want him dead and really its just stupid if its a "get on drakes" lets pew pew fight, in terms of lore there should be some serious backup, e/g aspects not a farking ony fight lol. but yeah thats just me

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    alltho, for burning crusade it was patch 2.0, for wrath of the lich king it was 3.0. so it wont be 3.4, but 4.0.
    Haha Thanks, i feel scrub lol, it's like 8am haven't slept, stupid resets causing me to raid all night after! haha....your 100% right it will be 4.0 just like it was 2.0 and 3.0 respectively, it seems each new expansion starts a fresh number 2,3,4, After cataclysm 5.0 and so forth.

Thanks for the correction