Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is the Cataclysm happening now?

I was reading the forums earlier and I saw some threads about earthquakes in Azeroth. I thought it was just people mistaking large animals or something walking near them as earthquakes, but just moments ago I was fishing off the coast of Borean Tundra and I saw my screen shake two times within one hour.

Is it possible that this could be a small hint that cataclysm is coming? I know it isn't being released for quite a while, but in the trailer for Cataclysm it says something like the cataclysm is happening while the war wages on the Lich King.

Re: Is the Cataclysm happening now?

WOW time, the time that we are playing in is 'frozen' in a matter of speaking, at least visibly. It doesn't really progress until a new patch comes, or a gate/wing of an instance opens.

But lore wise, warcraft time. It likely is starting to occur. Earthquakes might be popping up, ungoro might be a little more active then usual. Tides could possibly rising more often then normal.

Deleted

On the 3.3 PTR there were "mobs" called <DND> Shakers. Blizz uses those "mobs" as triggers for some effects, but they're usually invisible and not targetable, but due to a bug on the PTR there was one in SW. So I could definately believe there are earthquakes happenning here and there, still I have one to see myself until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    3.4 (the non-content but major patch GC talked about) will likely add all of it, and will also likely include the features they haven't already added, dance-studio, etc.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

So i'm not going mad. I noticed this too in IF, was near no mobs/pets. My screen was shaking for about 5 seconds randomly, deffinatly seemed like an in game effect.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard did say Cataclysm is in a whole different league when it comes to Launch Events, because it's going to start happening over a period of months/weeks not just days. so earthquakes like the ones mentioned wouldn't shock me in the slightest, and this is only the start of 3.3 when more and more icecrown wings are released i wouldn't be surprised if you notice alot more subtle and not so subtle things start happening.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Helps if you don't kick the desk =P
    If i'm honest, i wouldn't be surprised if they added some thing in with 3.3, and i'm expecting some small things with the next minor patch, you know, early models, etc.
    3.4 (the non-content but major patch GC talked about) will likely add all of it, and will also likely include the features they haven't already added, dance-studio, etc.
    I don't remember the 3.4 part... can you refresh my memory with a link please ?

The Ice Stone has Melted!

kind of glad someone brought this up. i noticed this earlier in Thunder Bluff while looking at the guild bank. i thought maybe there was some pet/mount near me doing it but it's TB so the place was near empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    Blizzard did say Cataclysm is in a whole different league when it comes to Launch Events, because it's going to start happening over a period of months/weeks not just days. so earthquakes like the ones mentioned wouldn't shock me in the slightest, and this is only the start of 3.3 when more and more icecrown wings are released i wouldn't be surprised if you notice alot more subtle and not so subtle things start happening.
    That would kick ass. I'm sure blizz will not leave such an opportunity slip by while they focus on the next patch/game/mmo.
    In the Groves of Death

It might have been an actual rl earthquake. Please look away from your screen from time to time.
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Quote Originally Posted by Aswed
    Argh, was going to say that.

OT: I haven't seen any, but may be possible

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

GLOBAL WARMING ._.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

i havent noticed earthquakes but did notice that some of the wolves in elwynn forrest became diseased when 3.3 came out

If by the Catacylsm you mean--Stuff is being destroyed by deathwing erupting--then no. If you mean is deathwing planning--then yes. I do think he could burst out at any point, but he is healing? Im not that sure.

Borean Tundra has always had earthquakes along the Westrift, the channel between Coldara and the mainland. Do the quests at Amber Ledge: http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11576

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    Borean Tundra has always had earthquakes along the Westrift, the channel between Coldara and the mainland. Do the quests at Amber Ledge: http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11576

Hmm I will go read this...I didnt read the end of this quest--so I do not know what is causing it.

Oh! I remember that. Hahahaha.

Awesome. I want to see this for myself now. I've already noticed the wolves in Northshire valley having the strange disease and the new quest for it. Anyone else see anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushrøømz
    I don't remember the 3.4 part... can you refresh my memory with a link please ?
    I'm pretty sure he's referring to 3.3.x, which will include the cinematic for the Fall of the Lich King, amongst other things. Major, but non-content. If it's non-content it'll almost certainly use a 3.3.x version number.