Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm classes/races, WoW Magazine, Blue posts

Is it me or do i think correct! Now we got gear for Dps and Tanks! If they remove defence from the gear wont both dps and tanks roll on the same gear! If so it will be a huge problem for us plate tanks!

Just a thought!

No there will still be avoidance on our gear ect just no def of any kind.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiimage
    Yo dawg i heard you like druids so we put a druid in your worgen so you can shapeshift while you shapeshift.
    I loled.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence

While it's rather a bit harsh, I quote this lad/lass/hermaphrodite/alien.
    made me lol, ty
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon
    I know I will spec tank, but I feel sorry for healers dealing with people who "take blizzard at their word" and consider speccing for uncrittability an "option" as a tank.
    Yeah, and you know what, you remind me of all the morons pre-WotLK when Blizzard announced their plans for the whole "bring the player, not the class" thing.

"Everyone can play dps? Wtf?! If you think I'm ever setting foot in a heroic without 3x CC, or with <insert underpowered hybrid DPS spec here>, you are sorely mistaken and I'll feel sorry for all the mouthbreathing idiots who take Blizzard on their word and think this'll be an option!"

Suffice to say, if someone repeated that today, they would (thankfully) be ridiculed by the community at large.

Let Blizzard do their thing, odds are it'll turn out for the better. People being able to play DPS if they want to wasn't the end of the world and people being able to tank 5-mans if they want to won't be either.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart
    Play the game for fun man you fanny and not just because of lore ffs. Some people are massive MASSIVE drama queens on this forum.
    Some people find fun in the lore. Just sayin'.

Im an arms warrior and offspec prot for soloing quests, and i agree that not prot spec shouldnt be able to tank raids and possibly heroics(unless your gear is far better) but the possibilty that a tank wipes and and arms warrior can pull off a last minute save is nice.
    on the same not that ppl dont like dps specs being able to tank reminds me of how many times a see a tank/healer spec thinking its ok to dps. i dont care if your a kitty, you still pull 2k dps!

15+ Year Old Account

Just some food for thought:

Vanilla WoW: Warriors were tanks, no one else could. When Blizz said they would make druids and paladins able to tank raids in TBC the community pretty much went "inconceivable!"

TBC: Shamans were the end-all of raiding. Without stacking your raid with shamans endgame was pretty much impossible. When Blizz said with LK you should bring the player not the class (to an extend) the community went "inconceivable!"

WotLK: Tanks (besides DKs) have to have 1 particular spec, and have to have pretty much exactly the right gear to maintank (btw what's up with people loling at my DK alt tank for not having 40k unbuffed while tanking HEROICS?). DPS complain all the time that a group of 4 (which already includes the healer that they sought for half an hour) has to wait an hour to get a tank for a heroic. Yet when Blizz says in Cata you'll be able to tank heroics without a dedicated spec and/or dedicated equip, the community goes "inconceivable!"

P.S. In before "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Was is really so hard to just make it:

Blade Barrier (5/5)
    -Your weapons are coated in unnatural scourge-frost, reinforcing them and allowing you to perform blocking maneuvers using your weapons. Increases your block chance by 1/2/3/4/5%.

You get evened out statistics-wise with the other tanks and now even gain some benefit from gear with SBR and SBV.

This is just a mechanics thing (so "qq tank flavor qq" doesn't apply), and aesthetically you're still using a big 2H or DW.

OR,

Maybe it could be Savage Defense inspired:

Blade Barrier (5/5)
    -Whenever you use Death Strike, Obliterate or Scourge Strike you gain the Blade Barrier effect, reducing the damage of the next blow received by 25%.

Tune to proc with similar frequency to Savage Defense.

200% crits for casters
    Consider that one of the reasons casters must talent into 200% crits is to offer more distinction between the damage and healing specs.

We don't think high crits are a problem. The problem is really that crit chances have gotten so high (in part because we ended up making higher item levels than we initially thought we would when we came up with the rating conversions)
    So what's a Mage's healing spec, then? Just kinda curious, maybe help smooth out que times for them....

[The class I play] is imbalanced and broken, [The class that counters my class] should be nerfed because it's too OP, but [The class I counter] is fine and just needs to L2P.

I think it´s great that World of warcraft gets chances! But still i think it´s a little wierd when it gets to race and class, I mean tauren paladin? :
    It´s just wierd! :-\

Well I can´t say that i´m not looking forward to get it!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    so simple..

Blizzard mentioned that many people complaining that they can´t find tanks.
    Now they will remove def from items ! Imagine ! A fury warri will be able to tank hero inis. When you switch to def stance you will be crit immun. That will result in many things. First of all I want to know what Blizzard means with many people out of the many playing WoW. 10, 100, 1000 ?
    I can´t believe that such a basic Stat for tanks like def will be removed. What is left then for us ?
    Why must all chars be so plain simple ? Why do you remove the unique feeling of this game.
    It will be interesting to see what will happen in the future to tanks. I have this inner feeling that all plate classes should be able to tank and do damage and all other classes should be able to do damage and heal.

That simple....

In the end I would like to see that all special attacks will end up in one for every function:

- Damage
    - Tank
    - Heal

One button.. That will make that game so simpel as it has to be.
    Right, because itemization plays such a huge role in the game right now. It is a difficult aspect of the game: "Do I want to mindlessly stack stamina for this piece of tank gear, or mindlessly stack stamina for that piece of tank gear?". Defense just came with the gear, removing it won't affect the difficulty of the game AT ALL. The same way getting mounts at an earlier level had no effect on the DIFFICULTY, just the amount of time spent with the num lock key on...
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by johannes600
    I think it´s great that World of warcraft gets chances! But still i think it´s a little wierd when it gets to race and class, I mean tauren paladin? :
    It´s just wierd! :-\

Well I can´t say that i´m not looking forward to get it!
    Tauren Paladin is COOL! Thats the most perfect races+classes combination and the 2nd was Undead Hunter. Having those broad shoulders and big chest of the Tauren make them more appropriate to be paladin. And to other forums Tauren Paladin is the most pick if the Cataclysm launch..
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide