Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Path of the Titans, Rankwatch, Blue posts

Stop the qq about hit imo. There needs to be something to balance and plan around on gear. Eventually it will reach the point where the gear only has a number. I have shoulder 112 now, that’s shoulder 114 let me upgrade to it. Then they’ll get rid of slot based armor, you’ll just get armor token 114 and can put that in any of your slots. But maybe needing 16 tokens is too much so they’ll change it to one. So you can have one armor token with one number and that determines everything for you. Nice simple clean right? That’ll make the game really fun to won’t it. I understand condensing some stats like they’re doing but going too far will just be another giant slap into this game requiring no thought. Personally if I wanted to completely turn off my mind I’d just stare at a wall.

I laughed when I saw that addon, I will probably try it to see if that explains some things I see in the new heroic finder. If down ranking dpsers is really why some have such low damage then everyone getting this to spam them in every heroic they go into until they fix it will make the world a better place. So everyone go download it.

Path of the titans does look interesting and promising but hopefully it doesn’t end up causing all kinds of balancing issues, and pvp v pve issues. While they’re trying their best not to do it and to prevent it, way too much pve stuff in the past was adjusted because 2v2 wasn’t where they wanted it. They’ll eventually end up with a ton of overlap or no thinking involved in the talent trees. If you strip out all that’s not fun and are static increases and add in this new system you’ll just run out of things to put in the talent trees. So I’m hopeful for this but also very cautious.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    Soooo.... does MMO champ get payed for advertising near worthless addons?

I mean really addons that make your UI much better etc are one thing, but stuff like "See here if your a noob and aint using higher rank spells" just seems worthless, people that don't update their spells should stop playing in the first place.

does it matter?
    I went to the woods bc I wished to live deliberately to front only the essential facts of life & see if I could not learn what it had to teach & not when I came to die discover that I had not lived.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoidkiwie

Sooo many people get mad at me for pointing it out. A few even rage quit on me, going "why are you starting crap with me?" Only about 1 in 5 are grateful to me =/
    Odd, I have had just the opposite response. Had a tree that was quite embarrassed and apologized a lot.

I mean really addons that make your UI much better etc are one thing, but stuff like "See here if your a noob and aint using higher rank spells" just seems worthless, people that don't update their spells should stop playing in the first place.
    Hardly worthless. Oddly, the people who don't update their spells are not going to stop playing because you said so. I might as well try to help them be a little better instead of shunning them. Compassion much?
    The only thing players hate more than stagnancy is change.

I use rank watch and love it..i didnt realize 3 of my own spells on my druid alt were lower rank in her Balance spec...My dps went up quite a bit after getting it..and i find it nice to let others know rather they use it or not...in pugs at least 3 times a day it seems like. I find someone not using the max rank..I had a paladin tank not holding any agro and was using 2 ranks below concecration , 2 avengers shield and 1 rank below holy shield...Rather it was on purpose or accident is irrelevant..I kept having to tank because he was not using the right ranks. And he actually said you pull you tank it..i have no problem with that, but it seems like if he would have had the right ranks he would have not been as frustrated nor i.

This work of art was made by Paz.

Sadly until Blizzard fixes their duel-spec "feature" of actionbar memorization and not updating the spells ranks automatically on said memorized actionbars like they do on the active actionbar means people will be getting a hardon shoving this addon down the throats of the poor unwashed masses.

Quote Originally Posted by joelseph
    Sadly until Blizzard fixes their duel-spec "feature" of actionbar memorization and not updating the spells ranks automatically on said memorized actionbars like they do on the active actionbar means people will be getting a hardon shoving this addon down the throats of the poor unwashed masses.
    I never heard of this thing called "duel" spec :P

Rankwatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pfft, it helped for my and my guildies alts with dual specs...

Not enough Emblems of Frost?
    but I want T10 nao for very little effort

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly
    Not enough Emblems of Frost?
    but I want T10 nao for very little effort
    :: BUMP :: ;D
    I went to the woods bc I wished to live deliberately to front only the essential facts of life & see if I could not learn what it had to teach & not when I came to die discover that I had not lived.

The only thing Rankwatch is good for is pointing out how slow someone is. Everyone should know that from 1-60 you visit the trainer every 2nd level, and from then on you visit the trainer every level up. I'm simply amazed whenever this needs to be pointed out to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong
    The only thing Rankwatch is good for is pointing out how slow someone is. Everyone should know that from 1-60 you visit the trainer every 2nd level, and from then on you visit the trainer every level up. I'm simply amazed whenever this needs to be pointed out to someone.
    sheesh, i was using lower rank spells for like 8 months or so, too, it can happen, tho in my case it wasnt much about training rather than not updating macros from BC with downranking, but i havent noticed it until i dueled with guildie enha and realized he had more powerful LHWs than me as ele and i was like what the heck, then i told him about it and was being laughed at for several days from firends. not that it really mattered in ele spec, having LHW little weaker, anyway, but hey, some things can happen, especially on alts.

10+ Year Old Account

Look at the pictures which show the new layout of glyph - ancient glyphs. The face in the upper left corner is undead male. The picture in the middle is a brown paw, in other words, druid is using these glyphs. Now i didnt see blizz saying they will put Undead Druids in the game but it would be fun to see a bear missing a lower jaw
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Slow news this week?

Anyway, the emblem comment was pretty funny. "We know we cockblocked all the content, but don't worry it gets better".

Deleted

This addon doesn't seem to be a must have, but why not after all ?
    About the first part, I need wallpaper of a cool new "big boss"
    Arthas for wotlk, Illidan for BC..

Quote Originally Posted by Eriar
    Whenever Everquest introduced the character customization features...it was the beginning of the end. I have a feeling it will be for WoW as well. Granted WoW is more popular but it changes things too much, its too risky to hope that the majority will accept it.
    Half of these things seem like racial / worship choices that should have been expanded from your character's initial background anyways. EQ had this from day one, it just took a back burner to AA's. I guess this is closer to AA's than that though...although the whole gated / cockblocked aspect of these is annoying... especially since its just to cover up that you paid for an expansion that isn't really finished at all, hence the 12-18 months that it takes to "stagger its release"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong
    Clearly you're trolling, but I'll bite none the less. People that use Dual spec (as pointed out in this thread if you read and thought before posting) don't have their bars updated. I would consider that a bug. I'll use my Warrior as an example. I leveled as Fury and trained Dual spec at level 78 so I could practice tanking. When I wasn't tanking I was DPSing (lol duh) so when I hit 80 and trained all the spells the ones in my 2nd spec didn't update on my bars. So if I was tanking I was probably using the wrong spells. (I double checked, but many people don't forget). I've played/raided with many "smart/good" player that have made this mistake and used Rank 7 consecrate for like.....5 months?
    <Seriously Casual> US Top 40 Recruiting: Druid (Feral DPS), Priest (Disc/Holy) and Warlock
    Hunter / Priest / Shaman / Warrior
    UI v6: http://drop.io/madskhealz

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Honestly the part of Cataclysm I am looking forward to most is the Guild leveling feature. To have the ability to specialize your guild for raiding or PvP seems like something that is awesome. I just hope that the GLs out there are cool enough to at least consult their officers about HOW they are going to do it.

I love the dual spec excuse for using downranked spells. Might as well blame Obama while you're at it. Assuming your off spec is gonna get updated, when it doesn't, is stupid, even if it is a bug or intentional. The fact remains that you had a button that told you the rank and you just didn't pay attention, that's the very essence of being dumb.

Downranked spells will be a thing of the past come Cataclysm. It was a good decision by Blizzard IMO.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.