Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: End of Arena Season 7, 01/05 Hotfixes

Quote Originally Posted by Abani

Ulduar normal modes were so much more fun and even offered some challenge on release. Then even after they nerfed it into the ground there still was decent challenge.
    Getting hit by ignis for 30k before you got thrown in the slag pot isn't a nerf, it's a bug fix. But i see what you mean.

However, the bosses that are getting nerfed are the introductory bosses. They are just that. It's like you people are expecting the lich king to become puggable the minute he arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Re: Icecrown, End of Arena Season 7, 01/05 Hotfixes

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Apparently I wasn't too far from reality with my predictions, Blizzard seems to want to release a new wing every 2 weeks and the Lich King should be available during the first or second week of February.
    Way too long.

But when will the next damn expansion be out?
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    It's like you people are expecting the lich king to become puggable the minute he arrives.
    I really hope Blizzard makes the Lich King encounter pug-proof, even in Cataclysm. Arthas' encounter should never be overgeared/out-leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Areiana

only a matter of time before we see scrubs running around in tier 10 welfare gear
    Actually "welfare gear" are the hard to get items, because the person who raids all the time needs to be on welfare in real life to get them.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by balatro

All too often as a healer in a HoR pug and I've seen the tank suffering from being able to pick up all of the adds and asked dps to cc some of the mobs only to be replied back with "Huh?", "It lowers my dps", "lawl"
    Of course. That is how it turns out when everybody is yelling about you having high gearscore, and achievements and dps etc etc.

HoR is just one of those instances that require all 5 people to work together, as should be the case.
    If i want to work together with others i'd join a circus act.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty323
    wtb option for skipping RP event plz (example CoS) c'mon I know you all want it too!
    Hell yeah.

World of Warcraft just modeled the "game" concept into a "hobbie" one in a really short time. This lend me to think that people is starting to feel angry about all the nerfs. Games are maden to break some challanges, any kind. I've seen noob players play some console games with some dificulty and feel like satisfied when they accomplished all the game hits, but World of Warcraft is making this month after month too pleasant for the mass.

What I fear is, in the next few months, they will start making this game too easy, so easy even the most noobish players will accomplish and don't hang me by saying this. You may be a noob or novice player TODAY, but in few months, you will figure out that this game is not a game, just a hobbie, because collecting tiers or taking down some bosses are just part of a rutine, wich is what this game is becoming week after week.

When you know you're novice, and you take down the whole normal patch content you feel that everything is done. After that, you may feel you must accomplish the harder modes, and you will start asking for it, but maybe not all your friends will agree, since not everyone is at your satisfaction limit, you will feel this game is not a game, just a cinematic with "some" interaction.

I do HM, i did mostly of HM and even on Classic really near world FK and I can say, nothing will beat the feeling of accomplish something in anything, not even a game, like doing it as it was planned, not as a people want it right now.

Playing a game where anyone is a winner is not a game, it's just a fabric of desires.
    Veteran of the Third War. Garona's disciple.

Quote Originally Posted by kujak
    /facepalm
    Seriously?

The IN GAME TEXT said 'in 28 days the next gate will open'. Guess what... that was 4 weeks ago. 4 weeks x 7 days = omg28days!
    Don't be an ass. If the in game text says "today" or "1 one day" then he might know, but whatever it said 28 days is irrelevant - who remembers,cares, or write it down in a calendar. That's what we have you for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekool
    Why not? Just a game yo
    Yep, lets just me it connect the dots now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandmoor
    Normal mode?

Yes. Absolutely yes.

If you want to be an elitist, you've got your hard modes to lord over other people with.
    No, they currently don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Azereo
    Because ICC is the only thing left in the game you have not completed, am I right?
    Since you're so leet, I bet you've already done Algalon 25 no wipes, Yogg+0, ToC 25 Hard Mode no wipes, and are #1 rated on your BG in 2s/3s/5s.

To quote you, "Get over yourself." If you want a challenge, then go find it. If you can't find it, then make it up. Go through ICC in all blues for example. Also, Blizzard is not forcing you to do anything. It's your $15.00 a month that you willingly pay. Only an elitist would cry and moan about NORMAL mode being nerfed.
    Your stupidity amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    Facerolling ICC with TOGC gear too much?
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist

However, the bosses that are getting nerfed are the introductory bosses. They are just that. It's like you people are expecting the lich king to become puggable the minute he arrives.
    Wouldn't be the first time someone was puggable right from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Meera
    World of Warcraft just modeled the "game" concept into a "hobbie" one in a really short time. This lend me to think that people is starting to feel angry about all the nerfs. Games are maden to break some challanges, any kind. I've seen noob players play some console games with some dificulty and feel like satisfied when they accomplished all the game hits, but World of Warcraft is making this month after month too pleasant for the mass.

What I fear is, in the next few months, they will start making this game too easy, so easy even the most noobish players will accomplish and don't hang me by saying this. You may be a noob or novice player TODAY, but in few months, you will figure out that this game is not a game, just a hobbie, because collecting tiers or taking down some bosses are just part of a rutine, wich is what this game is becoming week after week.

When you know you're novice, and you take down the whole normal patch content you feel that everything is done. After that, you may feel you must accomplish the harder modes, and you will start asking for it, but maybe not all your friends will agree, since not everyone is at your satisfaction limit, you will feel this game is not a game, just a cinematic with "some" interaction.

I do HM, i did mostly of HM and even on Classic really near world FK and I can say, nothing will beat the feeling of accomplish something in anything, not even a game, like doing it as it was planned, not as a people want it right now.

Playing a game where anyone is a winner is not a game, it's just a fabric of desires.
    Unfortunately, the player base have changed drastically in recent years.

When WOW first came out, gamers are mainly elitist/hardcore. Today, thanks to Nintendo, every player in the industry came to realize that the amount of casuals in the gaming audience have been increased by ten-folds, and at the same time, they can make a lot of money from them. They are the majorities now, and still there is a lot more of them that can be brought into the WOW game. All of these does not even yet consider the fact that casuals can be converted to hardcores, and vice-versa.

This is a reality, its all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten
    Yep, lets just me it connect the dots now.

No, they currently don't.

Your stupidity amazes me.

:

Wouldn't be the first time someone was puggable right from the get go.
    you're not making any points. only saying "NO YOU'RE WRONG" and "omg ur stupid"
    these people are making good points imo. if you want to call them stupid, do it privately, or explain yourself if you're going to do it publicly.

I guess it's ok with the deathwisper nerf - after all it was too hard for some groups, at least for the first wing of icc.

The nerfs won't make it easy, but at least you can do it with a not so well arranged group. Most Guilds I know had to get their members to at least ilvl 240+ to down her (next to the movement). Compared to the 10 man it was too hard

For the HDR nerfs ... GREAT! And the min. EQ lvl was raised too!

I played tank, dps and heal in there and I have to say, it's quite easy for a tank or dps. Sure, to get and hold the aggro as tank can be difficult, but it's not THAT bad. For the heal it's hell - next to massive AOE DMG you get all sorts of debuffs that need to be dispelled, hardcore tank dmg etc. 2 mages on a tank with the 50% more magic dmg debuff from the hunter and a low equiped heal couldnt even think about healing against it.

No chance ...

I had so many wipes in there already. Well - best runs I had so far were with a shaman heal (got one too) because he can dispel the debuffs, got some totem for cleaing, resist etc.

Pala had the hardest time...

Still, as a shaman with low gear I had massive problems in there - actually pdok or icc is easier to heal than this hc ...
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

HoR was really no more difficult to tank than any other heroic as a DK. I am sure as a paladin it was much the same. You just drop your AoE in one of the doorways and wait for the mobs to come to you. As a warrior it was a lot harder, due to the spread out way the mobs appear you can't usually pick them up with AoE (that 5 second cooldown on thunderclap is an eternity when there are 2 melee mobs running to the healer) and had to pick them up one by one. Once you got the hang of it it wasn't too bad and the strengths of warrior tanking really come into their own there, spell reflect, shield block, demo shout being used in a heroic again but I could certainly see some warrior players having a hard time there.

Deathwhisper nerf. Depending on the magnitude of the nerf it is quite possible that phase 1 zerg could end up becoming the dominant strategy. My own guild tried it a few times, we just couldn't quite trigger phase 2 before the 3rd wave of adds. I am sure better geared guilds could have managed that already. If the nerf is 20%+ then I expect it would be quite easy, zerg phase 1, aoe down two waves of adds, enjoy your free epics.

I am not really expecting to see icecrown pugged widely in the forseeable future, the biggest block to pugging it is going to be the amount of time it takes. You are going to be looking at an instance that will take 4 hours plus to clear, for most people that means two nights raiding and that is pretty much the deathknell for pugs. That is the intention of the 3rd phase of icecrown nerfs, when the boss health and damage slowly deteriorate. It will be to reduce the raid time and make it more puggable. Normal mode icecrown however is not going to be particularly difficult but the time factor is enough to keep most PUGs away for now. I suspect the second wing is going to be about the upper limit of what most PUGs will manage in a night. Yeah you can go back the second day to finish it but in reality half the people from the PUG won't show up and most others won't want to skip the easier earlier bosses for a chance at the later ones which will make it harder to fill up the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Piptooth
    I'm waiting for Blizzard to remove fire.
    shamelessly ninjaed for sig

10+ Year Old Account

As a holy paladin in all 258+ gear I ...
    I love such statements.

"HAY YA GUYZ TRUST ME IM REELY GUD PLAYAH C MY EQUIP ITS SHINY OH SO SHINY"

Nerfing the last serious encounter until hardmodes are available is typical blizzard policy. If people are still complaining about that fact, you should seriously consider quitting the game. There is no QQ anymore in public forums because Blizzard swings the mighty hammer of nerf faster than people could open a topic like in the past. At days where pugs are clearing TOC 25 Heroic without problems and Yogg + 0 is waiting for getting pugstomped, the only thing you can do is hide in your cave whining about the days of Bolten More and STFU.

Hi Nerf o/

I guess u were on christmass vacations

We missed u! NOT!!!!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

What does it matter if Pugs are defeating Marrowgar, Deathwhisper and Gunship?
    They'll wipe on Saurfang anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad
    I guess it's ok with the deathwisper nerf - after all it was too hard for some groups, at least for the first wing of icc.

The nerfs won't make it easy, but at least you can do it with a not so well arranged group. Most Guilds I know had to get their members to at least ilvl 240+ to down her (next to the movement). Compared to the 10 man it was too hard
    Indeed, you should be able to clear it with gear two tiers lower. ICC is just ridiculous. Why can't i do an instance wich drops ilvl 264 with ilvl 232 gear while watching tv and turning my brain off?

Isn't it obvious you HAVE to go back to ToC before doing ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by Radium01
    What does it matter if Pugs are defeating Marrowgar, Deathwhisper and Gunship?
    They'll wipe on Saurfang anyway
    But for how long? Nerf HP inc. Same with Festergut and Rotface.