Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

01/05 Hotfixes (Part 2), Blue posts

Recent In-Game Fixes - January 2010 - 01/05 (Part 2)
    Another wave of hotfix has been deployed on live realms including a very interesting one ... Also, the Oculus has been nerfed once again!
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

• The proc for the item, The Last Word, has been greatly increased to allow for more continuous uptime.
    • The NPC Margrave Dhakar in Icecrown will properly respawn if killed while doing the quest, The Flesh Giant Champion.
    • Wyvern Sting no longer triggers the extra shot effect from Zod's Repeating Longbow.
    • The Oculus had some additional changes made. The Planar Anomlies during the Eregos encounter will have a shorter duration and do reduced damage, some of the drakes above Varos’s platform have been removed, and the drakes controlled by players will move a little faster.
    • Players can now send a whisper to a player from another realm that is currently in their party.
    • The Invigoration buff from melee attacks using the Heartpierce dagger will now grant twice as much resources as before. It now grants 2 rage, 4 energy, or 120 mana every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Malevolent Girdle is under item budget (Malevolent Girdle)
    Yes, it's a bug. We will get it fixed. (Source)

Lady Deathwhisper 25-man nerf
    I was going to reply but this summed things up pretty well. A lot of players killed Lady Deathwhisper, but a lot of people also struggled with it which wasn't the intent. These changes did not impact on the heroic version though changes may be made down the road on those as they start to see some action. (Source)

Shaman (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Heroism/Bloodlust Drums
    Shaman aren't a support class. They have some very nice buffs, but those aren't the same thing. The older design of the shaman was that you bring them in order to make the rest of the group really shine. That's not really where we see the class now. You should want one in your raid, but you should be okay if you don't have one. Put another way, we don't want to to make stacking one class too appealing, but we want you to have flexibility, especially in 10-player raids.

We don't want anyone being brought to a raid just because they have a super special buff that the group considers mandatory. Some people consider Bloodlust mandatory and some don't. At the very least it is brought by all 3 trees of shaman, versus say something like the Scorch +crit debuff only really belonging to Fire mages (and there are multiple ways to get that one now too).

Now it's also possible to homogenize buffs too much. If it's trivially easy to get everything you need then we might as well just cast a "you're better" aura on you anytime you're in a raid. Don't let the fact that we're moving away from the "you have to have me" model to mean the opposite extreme is where we want to end up.

We're not sure we'll make Bloodlust drums for the reasons we stated above. But we're not worried about the concern that shaman will never get invited again. You shouldn't be getting invited because of your buff today. You should get invited because you're not annoying and because you contribute to progress. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: 01/05 Hotfixes (Part 2), Blue posts

Hee hee hee

(not anymore) First! inb4 ban.

Anyway. Another Oculus nerf. It's getting annoying really. It's SO easy, and now it's going to be even easier. + extra free loot? Wow.

Love the inter-realm whispers though. Also, what item is The Last Word? Doesn't appear to be on Wowhead.
    inb4 "<insert instance> was merely a setback!"

10+ Year Old Account

Why should it be interesting to whisper to any member in your cross realm pug? I dont get it.

People got their wish of some drakes above that one boss being removed. Heh
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

I really don't mind the faster drakes in Oculus. A 15 minutes instance is now a 10 minute isntance. I love it blizzard. 10 minutes, 8 Triumph. Best Instance in WotLK.

Also: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50179/last-word/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Now let's hope they fix Putricide.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Players can now send a whisper to a player from another realm that is currently in their party.
    Doesn't have much use. Other than to backtalk other sucking group members :P

Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

• Players can now send a whisper to a player from another realm that is currently in their party.
    THANK YOU!!
    ffs it was annoying, so many retards, and there were often a time where I wanted to speak to one person withou tthe others having to hear it..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Hopefully some hotfixes are implemented tomorrow to fix the Putricide bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Matik
    Hopefully some hotfixes are implemented tomorrow to fix the Putricide bugs!
    Why do that we need more Oculus nerf's.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

It is quite amusing at the lengths Blizzard is going to make Oculus more palatable to the players. Time will tell if it actually changes anything, or if people have their disdain/dread of Oculus too ingrained in them.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    Why should it be interesting to whisper to any member in your cross realm pug? I dont get it.
    You didn't run enough cross realms dungeons. Also, it helps using Rankwatch without humiliating people in group chat and making them leave.

So many times I have tried to help a person by giving them spec tips or gear tips just to have them leave. Anywy, I would like to say that the BL/Hero Drums would be death of Shamans. Lets fact it, Out totems are not great anymore when other class's do the same thing and our DPS is not up to part with others. Why bring a shaman when you get drums?!

not a support class? When was the last time someone has seen this conversation

We need a dps

Well theres a Rogue, a Hunter, and an enh Shaman

Well fuck yeah lets get that enh Shaman in here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Yup. We can kiss our raid spots good by. Good thing I have a warlock and paly alt! At least they bring buffs and DPS!

Thank god another Oculus nerf, that instance was so hard it still haunts my dreams. Maybe now I'll finally have a chance of beating it.

Hope that was sarcasm, Doylez.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You didn't run enough cross realms dungeons. Also, it helps using Rankwatch without humiliating people in group chat and making them leave.
    For sure I did. But never had any reasons to whisper someone though.
    It's nice for sure, but not as "interesting" as other things that might get hotfixed

Ooookaaaaay,

Oculus nerfs are getting slightly out of control...