Shadow tips. Dps on ICC bosses, FESTERGUT.

This is my first thread on mmo forum. Been reading alot of forums threads for several years, but never really found a good spot where i could get some tips and hints how to bring my shadow dps up that last step on boss fights. I hope ppl will post their hints and tips so that our genius class shadowpriest could shine even more. Have 200days played on my priest and do about 7600-7800dps Deathbringer Saurfang on a good day.

Just been on festergut that for me is a melee fight. I have no problems that some fights are, but thats not the subject on this thread.

How can SP do more dps on Festergut? Ofc we could stand in melee but not sure there is a spot left for us =) Should we stand still not running for spores (Inoculated) and just disperse thru "Pungent Blight"? Should we get only 2 spores and shield our self on purgent blight? This is the small things im hoping im hoping i could answers on.

Hope ppl can help me and other SP out there that want to improve their dps. Sorry for bad english writing skills

Re: Shadow tips. Dps on ICC bosses, FESTERGUT.

I pulled 7900 dps on our Festergut 25 kill last night, which I was pretty happy with. The only tips I could offer you are: SWD and DP when moving for the spore, make sure you've refined your rotation (as there is a lot of chance for just standing there and dpsing), and don't use dispersion unless you really need to. I found that VE healing kept me more than topped up throughout the fight.

i personally dont go for spores and disperse through pungent blight.

Deleted

Use dispersion to eat the damage and cancel it to get back to casting. If done correctly, you only loose 1 GCD.

Only managed to squeeze out 7.4K dps on 25man festergut, we had some lag issues on Dragonblight, and only beat the beserk timer by like 3 seconds.
    I did 1600 hps VE healing on the fight though ;D

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10698&e=10994

this fight is OUR fight... even without stacking the buff we get from spores, I take only 2k damage when I disperse. The effect happens like... once every 2 minutes ten seconds...

So the math works out very nice for us.

I'd also recommend letting your raid leader know that you'd be better off standing under Festergut's crotch, of at all possible. I found that because a shaman was healing, i was in range of his yummy haste totem. Every raid leader is different though.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Our Shadow Priests, as others have said, do not use spores. Normally you'd be going for 6 spores, each of which would take at least 3 seconds to position under and another 3 seconds to move out from. That's a minimum of 36 seconds of DPS time you're losing. Even if you use the entire duration of Dispersion you only lose 12 seconds, which is +24 seconds of DPS time. Depending on where the spores are it could actually be substantially more.

Well y/day i pulled off 8.1k dps on festergut while being in ranged and chasing spores ... but i was like fucking 12th on our meter ... i was dissapointed when i saw the position :P though dps was nice. .. all our melee where at 10k + ..... and our 3 casters standing at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    Use dispersion to eat the damage and cancel it to get back to casting. If done correctly, you only loose 1 GCD.

You can actually dispell dispersion? xD
    didn't know that... ty for the tip i won't be going for spores any more then

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

It's not dispelling it, it's just canceling it. Just make a cancelaura macro for it so you can switch it on and off quickly. That said it's a large damage increase to disperse instead of taking spores even without canceling it. Just don't screw up and get caught. You'll die instantly. :P

i know :P i tried it at one of our wipes y/day .. i was i think 0.1 s too slow...
    and i got 32k dmg xD
    Yeah i mean cancel and not dispel
    ty
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

This is completly stand still fight for us, we never need to move there and also we never need any healing but our own VE.
    Did 8862dps at our kill, if you are human you 'racial' trinket out of puking. To be on very top of dps cancelaura macro is almost a must have.

Deleted

Like everyone has mentioned. I use a cancel dispersion macro to eat the pungeant blights. I average around 8.2 - 8.8k dps on this. although I have been experiencing some latency issues lately, and my gear isnt exactly the best atm. Overall with 100% concentration. You can break 8k without too much of a sweat.

As for saurfang, I think I did 9.5k dps on him on my best ever attempt. The key is to VT all 5 adds then refresh your 3 dots on saurfang. At the end i was almost top on damage to blood beasts and damage done to saurfang. The reason for this is your 5 VT's count as a single target nuke. Therfore Its almost negligible the difference between nuking the targets 1 by 1, or casting dots on al 5, due to there low hp. SW:P is a waste, they die to quick. usually i can get back to saufang just in time to refresh VT. I usually hover around 9k - 9.5k dps on that fight. Ofc, the melee destroy me almost every time.

Hello,

I usually play my priest as holy, but as we don't have enough dps yet to kill Festergut before he enrages, I had to do the fight as a shadow priest.

I have a pretty decent gear, far from the best but average iLvl is about 240, no set bonus from any tier (only off set piece of gear) with "only" 15.65% crit, 945 haste and 2685 spellpower without buff.

Yesterday, with no elem shamy nor balance drood in our raid, the best I was able to do is about 6.5k dps with no move at all and using dispersion for pungent blight without canceling it.

Have you any idea of what I would be able to do dps wise if we had an elem shamy and a balance drood in our raid ?

I don't know if my question is answerable or understandable

What dispercion macro do you guys use?

#showtooltip dispersion
    /cast dispersion
    /cancel aura dispersion

I mash my buttons so I dont use this incase I cancel it early I right click it.

not sure if its cancelaura or cancel aura

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ttam
    #showtooltip dispersion
    /cast dispersion
    /cancel aura dispersion

I mash my buttons so I dont use this incase I cancel it early I right click it.

not sure if its cancelaura or cancel aura
    It's /cancelaura
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

There is a delay on the server side between casting and cancelling so they both are not done on the same button click.

I ususally write macros like this with the cancel first and then the cast after.

The effect is you click it the first time you get the buff, the 2nd time you click it, you lose the buff. Works well for iceblock, divine shield and the like. I haven't thought to do it with dispersion but this makes a lot of sense.