Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Nibelung for balance: Take 2

New hotfixes from restart last night listed on the front page

This one in particular caught my attention,

-The val’kyrs spawned by the Nibelung staff will now always hit with their smite attack and their damage has been increased for both normal and heroic versions of the staff.

imo, more damage and 100% hitting is good, still doesn't fix the issue of them dying horribly fast

4/10

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Re: Nibelung for balance: Take 2

I still want one for battleground fun

too bad I lost the roll yesterday (nobody wanted to spend dkp/gp on it)

Deleted

I wish we rolled for offspec/unwanted items, then youcould get one to try out :P
    But i don't like to spend gp on it before i have gotten the pieces i really want.

eh my guild uses a well run loot council system, and considering all the other casters were using heroic toc 25/10 weapons and i was still using a norm toc 10 staff i was lucky enough to aquire this the second time I ventured into the raid instance...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Quote Originally Posted by Mauron
    I wish we rolled for offspec/unwanted items, then youcould get one to try out :P
    But i don't like to spend gp on it before i have gotten the pieces i really want.
    Getting free offspec items (you get it if nobody wants it for mainspec) is really neat for hybrids and your guild should do it too if they like people with multiple gear sets able to fill a spot if needed

to the OP, the other "proctastic" items seem better (bryntroll, the bow which drops from lady deathwisper), but in your case you must value that weapon under the right point of view.. an upgrade is an upgrade.. hope for a better weapon and in the meanwhile enjoy your val'kyrs of doom (not so much ;D)

Deleted

Yeah, i would really want that.
    In my old guild we bid cash that went to the GB for offspec items, i liked that to.

But spending gp is not really a way to encourage people to gear their offspec.

their damage has basically doubled, which means they went from terribly crappy to slightly less crappy.

still wish I didn't spend the ep/gp on it...

Deleted

It might be decent to get - it does put us further away from our caps (or rather, not that much above our caps), but it really depends if the loss in crit/haste is made up by the Valkyries. If you eventually have the Frozen Bonespike and the Shadow Silk Spindle, you are looking at 60 haste rating and 119 crit rating. Actually, Nibelung is lacking some ~42 spell power aswell, because the SP on that is equal to that of the Frozen Bonespike. Add a bigger SP enchant on Nibelung and two Runed Cardinal Rubies, and we can make the comparasson:

Valkyries
    versus
    119 crit, 60 haste, 42 SP

The Valkyries have to be damn good to make it a better call. However, you could go for ages without getting either Frozen Bonespike and Shadow Silk Spindle, so until then, it may just be worth picking up Nibelung.

Nibelung dropped for me 3 days ago, and tbh the 100% hit chance they've implemented by now is not really helping very much if the 1% proc just doesn't happen. At the moment people are better off taking a mainhand / offhand combo, even if the mainhand is "only" Blade of Tarasque or something similar, it's better than that staff. The Valkyr procced two times in ICC (from Marrowgar to the shipfight) for me, once after finishing trash (very helpful) and once during a bossfight, but it was before they hotfixed it and the average dmg it did was around 18-20k during the whole fight (because of their low hit my shadowfiend did 3 times the damage of the valkyr)... I did some heroics after that dungeon and in the 2nd heroic it procced twice in a row, but also shortly before all trash was dead... pretty useless with this proc chance. I saw a picture from a mage who procced 10 or 20 valkyrs, but still can't believe this is true tbh. And even if, this will only happen once for one person in the whole year...

Blizz should raise the proc chance to a solid level (like trinkets have) and add an internal cooldown of a minute or something, and maybe adjust the dmg if it's too high then. But raising the hit rating to 100% is worth nothing if you never see a Valkyr during a whole 10 minute boss encounter... There's actually no need to buff the staff with Haste or Crit (like mentioned in some other forums) if the Valkyrs proc more often. But with their 1% chance it's far off from being comparable to other Ilevel 264 items.

Imagine how much luck someone must have if all trinkets and procs are based on a 1% chance... !? OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcore
    Nibelung dropped for me 3 days ago, and tbh the 100% hit chance they've implemented by now is not really helping very much if the 1% proc just doesn't happen. At the moment people are better off taking a mainhand / offhand combo, even if the mainhand is "only" Blade of Tarasque or something similar, it's better than that staff. The Valkyr procced two times in ICC (from Marrowgar to the shipfight) for me, once after finishing trash (very helpful) and once during a bossfight, but it was before they hotfixed it and the average dmg it did was around 18-20k during the whole fight (because of their low hit my shadowfiend did 3 times the damage of the valkyr)... I did some heroics after that dungeon and in the 2nd heroic it procced twice in a row, but also shortly before all trash was dead... pretty useless with this proc chance. I saw a picture from a mage who procced 10 or 20 valkyrs, but still can't believe this is true tbh. And even if, this will only happen once for one person in the whole year...

Blizz should raise the proc chance to a solid level (like trinkets have) and add an internal cooldown of a minute or something, and maybe adjust the dmg if it's too high then. But raising the hit rating to 100% is worth nothing if you never see a Valkyr during a whole 10 minute boss encounter... There's actually no need to buff the staff with Haste or Crit (like mentioned in some other forums) if the Valkyrs proc more often. But with their 1% chance it's far off from being comparable to other Ilevel 264 items.

Imagine how much luck someone must have if all trinkets and procs are based on a 1% chance... !? OMG!

I'm not sure why they are proccing so badly for you, but I've had up to 5 valkyr active at one time, possibly a few more and the seem to proc decently regularely. I've checked recount to see there dmg and befor this buff that blizz just did I've seen them do 145k dmg on a 10 man boss fight and over 200k dmg in a 25 man boss fight both in Icc, so I look forward to see that dmg increased.
    Häst - Druid - Skullcrusher

Deleted

Can we take a look at them logs, Dark? Id really like to get up and close to Nibelung, and see if its actually worth it

Iv had Nibelung since week 1 (or was it 2) and depending on luck and the given fight, damage is between 2-8% of my total. I personally feel that this IS a piece worth taking given the haste cap problems we have. BUT, its very rng. Last night 3 of my valkyrs got whacked to a single one of those aoe:s lady deathwhisper does. Right after that i had 4 up presisecly when i needed them on Saurfang. Get some, loose some :/

Balance is rng by nature so id rather have gear that is less so. With revered reputation ring, nibelung, 2T10 and proc based trinket my dmg can wary to the degree that it really starts to be unbredictable what i can bring to a raid.

Ill try to dig our parses for you guys to see, so that you can judge your self. Might be couple of days till i can do it thou.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

im currently testing it, after 20min of targetdummy they stand at ~200dps
    note that im an elemental shaman
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    eh my guild uses a well run loot council system, and considering all the other casters were using heroic toc 25/10 weapons and i was still using a norm toc 10 staff i was lucky enough to aquire this the second time I ventured into the raid instance...
    thanks for letting us know!

I can sort you a out a wws from a lock with the staff if ud like Qieth? Or are you after a Kin with one?

Deleted

Any log would be fine, although moonkins would probably be the best bid. Initially, i just want to see the damage they can put out. At best, even over several fights.

Even with with Nibelung I'm still well above the haste cap and still I didn't feel like the valkyrs are worth the stats in general. They proc from time to time, sometimes die instantly and sometimes not, depending on fights.

But I love it anyways..

What I'd like to mention: This staff is very fight-specific. It's fantastic in Anub Arak Heroic 25. Since logically I've done more damage to anub than the adds, they proc off AoE and chase anub. We don't have anub 25 hero down yet, but we went well into phase 3, and as I mentioned, in this fight it's well worth it

Summary:
    You shouldn't use it in Raiddamage-heavy encounters
    You shouldn't use it in single-target-damage encounters
    You want to use it in AoE-heavy encounters
    In every other encounter: Use it if you like procs

Here's a log of my guilds venture into ICC 25 last night. We killed 6 bosses. My druid's name is Tatt. On the entire night, they had an active up time of 20% and did 900 DPS. I've had this staff since week 1 and it's been very good to me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamoth
    You shouldn't use it in Raiddamage-heavy encounters
    You shouldn't use it in single-target-damage encounters
    You want to use it in AoE-heavy encounters
    In every other encounter: Use it if you like procs
    Are there any other fights? :P

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar
    Here's a log of my guilds venture into ICC 25 last night. We killed 6 bosses. My druid's name is Tatt. On the entire night, they had an active up time of 20% and did 900 DPS. I've had this staff since week 1 and it's been very good to me.
    You forgot the link, mate