Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: shadow haste/sp questions

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    There is no haste cap except the 50% haste in which you get your GCD down to 1s, which is impossible to do with gear alone.

There are haste "Sweet Spots" but are really not something you can plan around since there are many and more haste just means more dps no matter what.
    Can you go more in depth with this 50% haste GCD. not sure i understand it which might be the problem. its it renewing MF a second before the channel is over?

And can u give me a haste ballpark? for sweet spot. Obviously is not smart to have 0 haste even though its next to impossible to get 0 haste but there has to be a general haste ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by hellar
    Can Somone just tell me what the haste cap is? I am at 2.5k sp doin 3.5k dps my haste is olny at 10% so I know it needs to be higher. What is the amount? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lor&n=Skizzers. I know I am in some holy gear so I think the haste is the problem
    Eh, focus on getting your Spellpower up before worrying about haste. But better gear would give you more of both at the same time anyways. While there is no attainable hardcap on haste, the commonly stated softcap is between 650-800 haste; this is the sweet spot where you fit 2 Mind Flays inbetween Mind Blasts. There's no solid number due to your latency and how well you work around it.

There is no haste cap now because your dots will still tick faster with more haste you add, whereas before haste only helped your GCD and Flays.

Can you go more in depth with this 50% haste GCD. not sure i understand it which might be the problem. its it renewing MF a second before the channel is over?

And can u give me a haste ballpark? for sweet spot. Obviously is not smart to have 0 haste even though its next to impossible to get 0 haste but there has to be a general haste ballpark
    50% haste will make your global cooldowns exactly 1 second, which is their hard limit. Stacking more haste will not give you a lower GCD. It used to be that haste beyond this was useless, but now it's only a soft cap. Haste beyond 50% will still make VT, DP, and MF do more damage, but you won't see as much increase as before 50%.

As the other poster mentioned, it's almost impossible to get the soft cap passively, but with raid buffs + speed potion + heroism/bloodlust you can easily go beyond it for a few seconds. This also means that sweet spots aren't as important now, since any amount of haste will give you more dot damage.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

If you want to read up on the sweet spots, here: http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?p=207348#p207348

Like I said before, do not aim for the sweet spots because haste, no matter what, will give you a DPS increase. Get as much of it as you can without limiting your other stats.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gadix
    50% haste will make your global cooldowns exactly 1 second, which is their hard limit. Stacking more haste will not give you a lower GCD. It used to be that haste beyond this was useless, but now it's only a soft cap. Haste beyond 50% will still make VT, DP, and MF do more damage, but you won't see as much increase as before 50%.

As the other poster mentioned, it's almost impossible to get the soft cap passively, but with raid buffs + speed potion + heroism/bloodlust you can easily go beyond it for a few seconds. This also means that sweet spots aren't as important now, since any amount of haste will give you more dot damage.
    i dont wana know what i does. i would assume increase your dps but how to use or what to do to take advantage of this 50% haste. What is it? i would assume that is not actuall hast in game b/c that would be about 1750 haste which atm is imposible for anyone to get.

Well... If I popped Speed Potion and Hyperspeed Gloves during Heroism... I would destroy the 1750 haste

I would say at this point... Mind Blast would be useless as Mind Flay would be more bang for your buck. Just as long as you go back to Mind Blast once you settle back down.

15+ Year Old Account

Lol is there anyone who can answer my50% haste question I have been trying to get an answer to for the past 2 days?

Lol is there anyone who can answer my50% haste question I have been trying to get an answer to for the past 2 days?
    Basically their are multiple haste caps for various specs and classes. In short the first major 'haste cap' you reach is when your global cooldown is reduced to 1second. The reason being that any haste beyond this point will not reduce your GCD and less and therefore if you have a lower GCD than one sec and casting either spells that have less that one second cast time or are instant, you are wasting haste. An example i can give you is on General Vezax in the pools with heroism, your mindflay is less than one second or close to it and should be spammed, why you may ask? The reason being that even though MF is below the haste cap your MB is like a 0.4second cast meaning your wasting haste sitting there.

So to answer your question (i hope) there are different caps for different specs/classes. As for the hard haste cap which you'd assume is 100%, i really am not sure since it would be impossible to reach this cap, but i would assume it would reduce your spell cast times to 0, but that would still mean a 1second GCD.

there is no haste ballpark , haste does not cap , the same way spellpower does not cap. getting as much as possible is the best option.

the GCD thing he is talking about is not something that is attainable with gear thus means nothing in what you are asking. It is totally irrelevant to your original question.

to explain though the cooldown you have between pushing two spells in called the GCD or global cooldown. To get that GCD down to 1 second from the normal start point it is at which is the lowest you can get the GCD at any point by a cap blizzard set is to have over 50% haste, which is infeasible to acquire from gear.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    haste does not cap , the same way spellpower does not cap. getting as much as possible is the best option.
    Haste does not cap, but not the same way that spellpower does not cap.

Haste does not meaningfully cap for spriests because their relevant cap is too large to hit in available gear. SP does not cap because there is no cap, well there might be a cap of 2^31-1 or so, but even that could be raised by just switching to a double representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Haste does not cap, but not the same way that spellpower does not cap.

Haste does not meaningfully cap for spriests because their relevant cap is too large to hit in available gear. SP does not cap because there is no cap, well there might be a cap of 2^31-1 or so, but even that could be raised by just switching to a double representation.
    the only relative "cap" for haste is the GCD getting to 1 second which is completely unfeasible to acquire from gear thus for the sake of the argument in this post , there is no cap on haste. getting technical like that will only further confuse the noobers who made and are reading this thread. If they didnt understand how haste worked before they wont if you give them a bunch more info that will overload them.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen2112
    this makes me kind of sad for the spriest community
    If hes doing 5k as he says, then why use the sp over the haste even thou the sp difference is min.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara