Thread: Need some help.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Need some help.

This is my girlfriends toon and she just plays to play, and doesn't know much about main gemming/gearing up besides she reads around here sometimes.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rfist&n=Candyz

To me, her stats look ok. Just compared her toon to other priests I've looked up.
    What should she do emblem of frost wise? Reading that t10 just isnt worth it, so what about Circle of Ossus belt & trinket Purified Lunar Dust trinket.

Anything that you can point out thats bad let us know Any help for her toon is much appreciated.

Re: Need some help.

T10 for holy priests is still worth it, at least the 2 set is decent enough unless your gf plays her discipline spec more often but I doubt that considering her gear choices. Purified Lunar Dust is well worth the 60 frost emblems, it has a semi-crappy procrate though. If she has access to normal + heroic versions of Solace of the Fallen from Jaraxxus, that's considered to be better.

Circle of Ossus belt is a nice upgrade for holy, me as a disc priest though I prefer the belt drop from marrowgar 25 over circle of ossus.

One thing though about her gemming, forget gemming for haste, like always. Seems like she really wants to use her socket bonusses on some areas but then decides to not use red sockets for pure SP gems.. ?

Yellow sockets = 20 intellect Red sockets = 23 spellpower Blue sockets = 12 sp / 10 spirit

edit: also, please replace the offhand with hit rating... :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

She has been wanting solace of the fallen, haven't seen it drop ever on norm, and when we do get around to doing hm jarax still never drops.

I think I'll tell her to go for the belt first, 3 sockets looks pretty nice.

The 1 haste gem was there to active the meta and when she was low on haste (300ish) and just never replaced it.
    Now is using a 23sp better in a red socket then a 12sp/10int or other way with a 12sp/10int in the yellow socket? Her gemming used to be only 20int & 12sp/10ints but she said it felt like she went oom pretty quick having 26k unbuffed, so regemming her with some luminous and purifed gems made it feel like she lasts a little longer.

She fought me about the offhand, but the socket + haste on it looked good. I've seen a few other players doing it and seemed worthy.

I'm curious about you saying how she's having mana problems with 26k mana unbuffed. I run with ~22.8k unbuffed, and my mana problems are few and far between. Are you all missing some important buffs?

For stats, I would say that her focus seems a little too lopsided toward Haste. Generally, Haste is a better stat for Holy Priests, but her Crit is low enough that she'll probably see better noticeably better uptime on Holy Concentration, and consequently more mana, with a little more Crit. I would say trading 1-2 pieces of Haste/Spirit for Crit/Spirit might help.

I might also consider holding off on upgrading the belt. It's a nice upgrade certainly, but her trinkets are easily the weakest point of her gear. Neither of those trinkets is very good for Holy, especially since neither has any passive regen. I might actually think the Lunar Dust would be more of an upgrade over the Forethought Talisman than the belt upgrade would be. Not only is it a 42 SP upgrade, but the added passive MP5 will probably do more to help with the mana than the difference in regen from the belt upgrade. And, fWIW, it does work quite well with Solace too.

@ Choeb

You shouldn't ever socket full 23 SP and 20 Int (or 20 Spirit or 20 Haste for that matter) at the same time. You can replace the 23 SP and the 20 Int with two 12 SP / 10 Int gems and net 1 SP. This is because the 23 SP is slightly under budget, and the SP/Int is slightly over budget, so it can be manipulated. It's not a whole lot, but when you have more than a dozen sockets, it can add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Macki
    This is my girlfriends toon and she just plays to play, and doesn't know much about main gemming/gearing up besides she reads around here sometimes.

To me, her stats look ok. Just compared her toon to other priests I've looked up.
    What should she do emblem of frost wise? Reading that t10 just isnt worth it, so what about Circle of Ossus belt & trinket Purified Lunar Dust trinket.

Anything that you can point out thats bad let us know Any help for her toon is much appreciated.
    ¨

Another opinoin here then. For a holypriest, T10-2set isn't all that. The extra healing offered by flash heal will almost always end up as overhealing unless you are regularly healing the tank. In 10-mans, you just might. In 25mans you are not very likely to, except on very specific encounters. Still, the bonus is a bonus. Having the bonus is better than not having the bonus. But the T10 token is usually better spent in the hands of a DPSer or a tank. Also, T10 is kinda badly itemized for both holy and discpriests alike; it's very crit heavy (bad for holy who wants haste) and very spirit heavy (bad for disc who want... anything else). This means you will likely replace it with random drops eventually since the T10 2-set bonus is very non-worthwhile except on MT healing, and for holy the T10-4set bonus is a war crime. T9-2set is still best in slot for holypriests when it comes to tier items. Make sure to keep that around.

The purified Lunar Dust is very underbudgeted. If you absolutely need a trinket (to say, replace a ilvl 200 trinket), it's a decent purchase. But you will replace it. It's not possible to call it "good". The solace is just amazing in comparison.

The belt is also kinda meh. Sure, it's possibly an upgrade, but... I already had an ilvl258 belt, soo... not for me. Even with one of the ilvl245 belts, it's not really a great benefit.

If you ask me, skip the token gear, buy saronite and sell on the AH. At least the money will not let you down

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Macki

Belt is great. Cape is great. Lunar dust is a bad trinket, just hold out for a abacus instead. After that get t10. It might not be great at first but once upgraded with tokens they look better.

If she's primarily Holy: Take the tier gear.
    If she's primarily Disc: Take the Shadow tier gear, except the legs.

Yes, for healing. Take the crafted legs to fill the remaining spot. The belt is good (as Holy), but save it for last.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    If she's primarily Disc: Take the Shadow tier gear, except the legs.
    Agreed about helm / shoulders / chest but disagree about the shadow gloves. Shadow gloves give hit instead of haste, and crit instead of spirit. The value of crit vs haste between the two is a personal preference, but the spirit is immeasurably more valuable than the hit rating. If you intent do dual-spec shadow, then yeah, get the 4pc shadow w/ the gloves, but otherwise you'd be better served with the holy tier gloves (or probably by some standard drops).

Also, if not going for the shadow set bonus for dual spec, consider the badge chest. It's pretty much about the same, though allows for a little more SP, and doesn't consume a tier token.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark
    Belt is great. Cape is great. Lunar dust is a bad trinket, just hold out for a abacus instead. After that get t10. It might not be great at first but once upgraded with tokens they look better.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!