Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How much haste as Affliction?

I've read in several places that the ticks in-between corruptions can only be reduced so much by haste, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. Is there a haste cap for affliction? If there is, what is it; and if there isn't, what is the ideal amount of haste before you hit serious diminishing returns?

Re: How much haste as Affliction?

Don't worry about haste caps. Just get more till you think you have enough and still get some more.

is your gcd 1 second? if no haste is still good.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Well I'm at around 900 haste right now, thats why I was wondering if there is much point in going over 1000

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    is your gcd 1 second? if no haste is still good.
    make that hero/bl obsolete!

im almost at 1100 haste without have gimped other stats, and my dps still increases, so keep going for it.

remember the more haste you get, the faster corruption ticks, so you will gain more and more eradication procs
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Neptulon&n=Terracott%C3%A1

Shadow bolt spam is still a big part of total damage done for affliction, and those things are hella slow. Also, corruption can never tick fast enough! I want it to tick so fast that it becomes a direct damage spell!

Quote Originally Posted by zkreso
    Shadow bolt spam is still a big part of total damage done for affliction, and those things are hella slow. Also, corruption can never tick fast enough! I want it to tick so fast that it becomes a direct damage spell!
    General in Yogg does this almost. If you are far enough away the corruption almost doesn't last as long as the flight time of shadowbolt.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    General in Yogg does this almost. If you are far enough away the corruption almost doesn't last as long as the flight time of shadowbolt.
    why do you compare nowadays speccs to old content
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Neptulon&n=Terracott%C3%A1

Quote Originally Posted by zkreso

i lawled but couldnt agree more -- personally still working on the MOAR HASTE factor

Quote Originally Posted by Terracotta
    why do you compare nowadays speccs to old content
    Cause Affliction was not around in ulduar :
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

15+ Year Old Account

Over 1000 haste is fine.

The "Cap" isn't the gcd for affliction - COA and UA hitting the GCD cap means you lose a fraction of time per 15 or 24 seconds. This is not important and can be made up by MOAR SHADOW BOLTS and a faster Corruption.

The "Cap" is around 50-52% haste, if you factor in Eradication, Bloodlust, and 5% Haste Aura. And that's 1600 Haste.

KEEP STACKING TILL UR DEAD

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Over 1000 haste is fine.

The "Cap" isn't the gcd for affliction - COA and UA hitting the GCD cap means you lose a fraction of time per 15 or 24 seconds. This is not important and can be made up by MOAR SHADOW BOLTS and a faster Corruption.

The "Cap" is around 50-52% haste, if you factor in Eradication, Bloodlust, and 5% Haste Aura. And that's 1600 Haste.

KEEP STACKING TILL UR DEAD
    Don't forget MOAR DS ticks.

15+ Year Old Account

Im so good that I skip DS and use DL, plus I love the green color!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

How do people get these insane amounts of haste? I only got like 608 with the gear on a average level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromgol
    How do people get these insane amounts of haste? I only got like 608 with the gear on a average level.
    ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Kromgol
    A piece without haste is very unlikely to be an upgrade to a piece that has some, thus if you are smart about your gear choices you should have haste on almost every piece by now, bringing you over 1000 haste.

To the OP, as long as your shadowbolt cast time is higher then 1sec [fully raidbuffed, with eradication, outside of bloodlust], haste > crit, so stack anything you can as you won't reach that in WotlK

so would you now use lower lvl items with haste over higher ones with crit thus sacrificing some(or alot of) spell power?

I'd say anything over 700 is what you should aim for. With alot of ICC25 gear you can get over 1000, but i've not even replaced most of my ToC10 heroic gear yet and i am still over 800, just due to shifting gear around a little.