Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How much haste as Affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by burek
    so would you now use lower lvl items with haste over higher ones with crit thus sacrificing some(or alot of) spell power?
    No. You should not go back to an ulduar piece with haste if you have a 25 ToC piece without haste.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

You know the haste buff you get when you Black Magic procs, Bloodlust is popped and you swallow a Haste Pot? Yeah, that's the haste I want normally.
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

10+ Year Old Account

1200 haste here, need MOAR!
    Forget everything you know about everything.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kromgol
    How do people get these insane amounts of haste? I only got like 608 with the gear on a average level.
    I'm at the same with random pieces. I'll be at 1000 when I'm done with ICC25 normal.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

From what I understand 700+ haste and about 3000 SP is where you start to see some big jumps in the dmg of Corruption. Its not hard to get to 700 haste with a Spellstone and some decent gear, nor is 3000SP. My Lock is my alt and I have a few pieces of 264 gear, mainly badges and a drop or two, and I'm a bit over 900 haste and with Black Magic, Haste pot, yada yada, I'm way over 1000. AND ITS AWESOME!!

Our guilds main aff lock is sitting at over 1000 haste unbuffed and no Spellstone, he is top 5 dmg every boss, its sick.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted

I think I have good gear but 1000+ haste,wtf? I only have 676 without spellstone...

Here is my armory if you want: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hor&cn=Aturbus

Please expain how you get 1000+ haste without any procs...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus
    I think I have good gear but 1000+ haste,wtf? I only have 676 without spellstone...

Here is my armory if you want: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hor&cn=Aturbus

Pick up Abyssal Rune and drop Eye of the Broodmother.

Also Gem Sp/Haste(red socket), Spi/Haste(blue socket), and full Haste(yellow socket) in appropriate sockets. You can get there pretty quick. JC gems also help some people get a bit more haste than those without JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Pick up Abyssal Rune and drop Eye of the Broodmother.

Also Gem Sp/Haste(red socket), Spi/Haste(blue socket), and full Haste(yellow socket) in appropriate sockets. You can get there pretty quick. JC gems also help some people get a bit more haste than those without JC.
    Just because haste is good doesn't mean you should just blindly stack it.

Eye is better than Abyssal Rune.
    Red should be 23sp, yellow should be sp/haste, blue should be sp/spirit when bonuses are worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Its not hard to get to 700 haste with a Spellstone and some decent gear, nor is 3000SP.
    Ha i wish, not if you raid 10man. I've been sat at a measly 2.5k since we started ToC hard modes...WTB spell power trinket...

Actually, no it isn't.

http://armorylite.com/us/arthas/esson

Not hard with ICC loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystearica
    Just because haste is good doesn't mean you should just blindly stack it.
    This is true.

This is debatable. I would take Abyssal Rune over Eye of the Broodmother.

Red should be 23sp, yellow should be sp/haste, blue should be sp/spirit when bonuses are worth getting.
    This is true. 12sp/10spirit is essentially 15sp with fel armor (unless you're spec'd into Demonic Aegis...but you shouldn't be as affliction). So you would need a socket bonus of +8sp or more to make it worth taking any more sp/spirit gems than you need to activate your meta (which should only be two). So if you have 3 or more blue sockets, but none of them give +8sp or better bonuses, then you should only take 2 purple gems and put straight spell power in the rest of the blue slots.

Deleted

Abyssal Rune or Nevermelting Ice Crystal?

Abyssal Rune or Nevermelting Ice Crystal?
    Nevermelting Ice Crystal is awesome for fights where Corruption will never fall off. Pop it right before you apply your first Corruption and it will constantly be refreshed with an extra 920 crit. Plus, the trinket gives a static 111 spell power buff.

I would take NIC over Abyssal Rune, but I have no sim, dummy, or raid numbers to back that up. I think the 111 sp outweighs 84 haste and the rolling crit for corruption probably outweighs the chance at 590 sp for 10 seconds. That's pure opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordigrim
    This is true.

This is debatable. I would take Abyssal Rune over Eye of the Broodmother.

This is true. 12sp/10spirit is essentially 15sp with fel armor (unless you're spec'd into Demonic Aegis...but you shouldn't be as affliction). So you would need a socket bonus of +8sp or more to make it worth taking any more sp/spirit gems than you need to activate your meta (which should only be two). So if you have 3 or more blue sockets, but none of them give +8sp or better bonuses, then you should only take 2 purple gems and put straight spell power in the rest of the blue slots.
    Considering you should be using GoLT as affliction, 12sp/10spirit gems are worth 17sp, making any blue socket with a bonus of at least 6sp worth it to socket.

Nevermelting Ice Crystal is awesome for fights where Corruption will never fall off. Pop it right before you apply your first Corruption and it will constantly be refreshed with an extra 920 crit. Plus, the trinket gives a static 111 spell power buff.

I would take NIC over Abyssal Rune, but I have no sim, dummy, or raid numbers to back that up. I think the 111 sp outweighs 84 haste and the rolling crit for corruption probably outweighs the chance at 590 sp for 10 seconds. That's pure opinion though.
    NIC is 2nd BIS trinket for Affliction on any fight that you can keep a stacked corruption rolling, behind only DFO.

Considering you should be using GoLT as affliction, 12sp/10spirit gems are worth 17sp, making any blue socket with a bonus of at least 6sp worth it to socket.
    I never thought of GoLT...seems so obvious now...lol.

Looks like I fugged up and gave misinformation. Sorry about that.

for anyone wondering about the last two posts, GoLT = Glyph of Life Tap
    and its something you really ought to have

15+ Year Old Account

I didn't mean to suggest to blindly stack haste, I was just giving a suggestion to the question of how you can get to 1000 haste or more fairly easily.

I really enjoy playing my aff lock, and gemming her and enchanting her gear. On my pally its just straight Str., nothing else. I like that I can put a myriad of different gems in my lock set, getting socket bonuses(its like being fully exalted, it just looks better) and it works out great.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Over 1000 haste is fine.

The "Cap" isn't the gcd for affliction - COA and UA hitting the GCD cap means you lose a fraction of time per 15 or 24 seconds. This is not important and can be made up by MOAR SHADOW BOLTS and a faster Corruption.

The "Cap" is around 50-52% haste, if you factor in Eradication, Bloodlust, and 5% Haste Aura. And that's 1600 Haste.

KEEP STACKING TILL UR DEAD
    Why would the cap be 50-52%? You mean to push shadowbolt to 1s during bloodlust+eradication? Bloodlust+eradication doesn't make up a significant enough portion of fights for this to be a cap worth worrying about, hell the point where GCD's become 1s is probably a more significant cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    Why would the cap be 50-52%? You mean to push shadowbolt to 1s during bloodlust+eradication? Bloodlust+eradication doesn't make up a significant enough portion of fights for this to be a cap worth worrying about, hell the point where GCD's become 1s is probably a more significant cap.
    Just expanding what Warlocomotif said:

I would agree with the focus on not relying on bloodlust+eradication to determine a necessary cap... Eradication is important in terms of fight longevity, while bloodlust is also important (on use) depending on boss mechanics. So instead of factoring them together to reach your preferred haste, focus more on eradication to determine where you want your shadowbolts. However, do recognize that you shouldn't completely bump hero/blood - I am gearing for haste circa 1200 (give or take). Build your warlock to what fits you, less focused on a generic mold... as long as you are competitive in DPS.

As far as sockets, I say just match sockets as often as you can with the recommended gems, build your gear in importance of Spell Power --> Haste... (realizing that you are going to lose Spirit as you UG to T10, no way around it). And you will find yourself at a decent balance. If you decide to throw a +20 haste on a piece of gear, do it... if that's what brings your dps up - go for it!