Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Rate the shadow priest above you.

Fix the gems, Spellpower is your friend.

Also, no better setup then the staff?

Lastly, im assuming you have access to 264 tokens, start saving as the 4pce is a huge upgrade!

here is me

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Greaterheal

I cant say much on your gear Drunkfoowl, maybe, just maybe, you want to replace 63 SP with Black Magic on your dagger, since its a wee bit better (63pp to 69pp).

You might want to shift one point of Inner focus tho and put it into Imp. Shadowform, since pushbacks are often an issue. Just think about how often you get RNG raid-damage.

Here's me: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...twolf&n=Roshan

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantiz
    I cant say much on your gear Drunkfoowl, maybe, just maybe, you want to replace 63 SP with Black Magic on your dagger, since its a wee bit better (63pp to 69pp).

You might want to shift one point of Inner focus tho and put it into Imp. Shadowform, since pushbacks are often an issue. Just think about how often you get RNG raid-damage.

Here's me: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...twolf&n=Roshan
    Okay, first of all you should put a 23+ spellpower gem in your wrist, only when it's +6sp socketbonus should you have sp/spirit according to EJ and their math. Second, i'd really go with stam/minor runspeed, it looks weird but again, according to EJ it's better dps since you can run faster to the place where you stood. It's debatable, for example in a fight like Rotface it's GOLDEN but in a fight like Saurfang it's completely worthless. Your +24crit is useful in all fights, where minor runspeed is only really useful when there is movement in a bossfight, wich isnt all the time. Debatable, but I prefer minor runspeed since it's the more unusual enchant for a shadowpriest, but still gives dps wich not many think.

Think that is all! ;D I don't dare to question an Astral walker when I myself havent done that much tbh hehe.

Here is mine, it should update to shadowgear soon:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rub&cn=Dumsnut

Socketing for blue +5 spell power bonus is almost as good as socketing with runed. Something like 23 PP vs 22.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumsnut
    Okay, first of all you should put a 23+ spellpower gem in your wrist, only when it's +6sp socketbonus should you have sp/spirit according to EJ and their math. Second, i'd really go with stam/minor runspeed, it looks weird but again, according to EJ it's better dps since you can run faster to the place where you stood. It's debatable, for example in a fight like Rotface it's GOLDEN but in a fight like Saurfang it's completely worthless. Your +24crit is useful in all fights, where minor runspeed is only really useful when there is movement in a bossfight, wich isnt all the time. Debatable, but I prefer minor runspeed since it's the more unusual enchant for a shadowpriest, but still gives dps wich not many think.

Think that is all! ;D I don't dare to question an Astral walker when I myself havent done that much tbh hehe.

Here is mine, it should update to shadowgear soon:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rub&cn=Dumsnut
    Just pointing it out here, it is a bit hypocritical to tell someone to go for clear thorough-put(runed gem in wrist) over regen + almost identical dps(what the person has) when you tell the person that, although the run speed enchant is situational, you say go with it over +24 crit. There is no right answer because the difference you will never see in game.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Just pointing it out here, it is a bit hypocritical to tell someone to go for clear thorough-put(runed gem in wrist) over regen + almost identical dps(what the person has) when you tell the person that, although the run speed enchant is situational, you say go with it over +24 crit. There is no right answer because the difference you will never see in game.
    I did not say that he should switch, I said it's situational a better enchant and that I'd myself would prefer it over 24crit and then I gave 2 examples in Icc, one boss where the runspeed is Great and one where it's completely useless.

Also, yeah, you are probably right Solia. Just said what was on EJ. But it's correct ofc, 1 spellpower here and there, who's counting, I'd probably do the same.
    Just that, for example my chest has a 23sp and 20 haste gem, missing the +7sp bonus, instead of having a sp/haste gem in the yellow. But it was just a few weeks ago I read up on how to actually do it on EJ. Switching as my gear gets better.

Please comment on it. (: After all it's a rate the spriest above you.

only thing i can say is start getting rid of that 232 gear. the T10 set 2piece is far superior too the T9 4piece so getting 2pc T10 (251) items as quick as possible is your best bet. Get rid of that crit gem in your shoulders.

then work on getting new boots / cloak and bracers. I realize you upgraded by Item level on the boots and cloak but those items are not what you should have, but taking what you can get from 10 mans until you can upgrade to something better is always a safe bet.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    only thing i can say is start getting rid of that 232 gear. the T10 set 2piece is far superior too the T9 4piece so getting 2pc T10 (251) items as quick as possible is your best bet. Get rid of that crit gem in your shoulders.

then work on getting new boots / cloak and bracers. I realize you upgraded by Item level on the boots and cloak but those items are not what you should have, but taking what you can get from 10 mans until you can upgrade to something better is always a safe bet.
    Are you talking to me? If so, can you also ellaborate please. Why is that cloak bad? Why are the boots bad?
    I'm getting T10 shoulders today, and when I put that sp/crit gem in my shoulders I did not know that haste was getting buffed and that shadows got more dps from sp/haste as orange.
    After that I guess I'm going for the chest or head, since I am gonna get legs or/and gloves from VoA. :>

Are you talking to me? If so, can you also ellaborate please. Why is that cloak bad? Why are the boots bad?
    I'm getting T10 shoulders today, and when I put that sp/crit gem in my shoulders I did not know that haste was getting buffed and that shadows got more dps from sp/haste as orange.
    After that I guess I'm going for the chest or head, since I am gonna get legs or/and gloves from VoA. :>
    having any slot without haste with the way haste was buffed is bad. dunno how you can say you didnt know as the buff was put in the game before you would be even capable of getting any of those items as they are both 251 and did not exist until 3.3.

at this point the only slot you can actually argue that is ok to not have haste is the set gloves.
    HTML Code:

I'll join in on the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    having any slot without haste with the way haste was buffed is bad. dunno how you can say you didnt know as the buff was put in the game before you would be even capable of getting any of those items as they are both 251 and did not exist until 3.3.

at this point the only slot you can actually argue that is ok to not have haste is the set gloves.
    What is wrong with having sp/haste in my cloak and sp/haste in my boots? I'm not entirely sure about what you are saying to me, tbh.
    But I'm quite sure I'm not doing anything wrong. After reading on EJ's math and also checking top shadowpriests the correct way is to go:
    23sp in red sockets and blue also if the sp is less than 6, but I do understand putting sp/spirit in with 5sp too cause of the minimal dpsloss and gaining regen and have sp/haste in yellow slots.

Can you explain to me again why my boots and cloak is bad please, cause I either don't understand what you are saying to me, or you havent explained what you meant.

What is wrong with having sp/haste in my cloak and sp/haste in my boots? I'm not entirely sure about what you are saying to me, tbh.
    But I'm quite sure I'm not doing anything wrong. After reading on EJ's math and also checking top shadowpriests the correct way is to go:
    23sp in red sockets and blue also if the sp is less than 6, but I do understand putting sp/spirit in with 5sp too cause of the minimal dpsloss and gaining regen and have sp/haste in yellow slots.

Can you explain to me again why my boots and cloak is bad please, cause I either don't understand what you are saying to me, or you havent explained what you meant.
    Well if you are a tailor Id go with lightweave to your cloak, for one the extra ~200 SPower (cant think of the exact amount off the top of my head) proc's a fair amount and its a lot more valuable than a little haste/spower. For your boots I would either go w/ Tuskarr's vitality, because the extra health is better than anything else there, or Spirit (if you go OOM at all) the spell Power enchant is so minor for boots its not really even worth it. (I have it on my SPriest but its a place holder atm till I get the mats to get another enchant). Gemming is also very easy, dont gem for haste, atm its not worth it to lose a slot where 23 SPower can be placed, just get the necessary gems to fill ur meta gem and then after that stack 23 SPower gems, the DPS boost you will get is VERY noticeable.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&n=Arphastas

Guessing from your boots, trinket and a couple of your gems I'd say shadow is your offspec, but other than that, you could match socket colors in your chest legs hands and shoulders and get an increase. Not getting into the arguement about the single blue sockets, though that is a consideration.
    If you have a semi-decent wand you could change that out and technically it would be a DPS upgrade even though you're a mere 3 hit rating under, although I am a fan of being hit capped at (nearly) all costs.
    Spec is fairly standard, though I do prefer Inner Focus to roll crit on SW:P and save mana later in the fight.
    Although the only glaring "wat" is Glyph of Mind Sear. While I suppose mind sear could be better in an aoe heavy fight, the longevity you gain from the SW:P glyph is more than likely better overall.

People seem to have foregone the "rating" part of "Rate the shadow priest above you", but I'd say 6/10
    Not bad for an offspec (presumably), but there are a couple easily fixable things.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Capthotpants
    Hit me. If I'm wearing a kirin tor ring I usually have a Ring of Rapid Ascent with a purified gem in it instead.

the gems in your cloak and boots are fine, but your using crit boots and a crit cloak from what I see on armory. neither your boots or your cloak have haste on them other than from gem slots , this is a problem. i would say maybe those are healing offpieces but your in your 4piece 232 T9 shadow set and your shadow spec so I assume the rest of your gear is your shadow set. Thus meaning your boots and your cloak are bad for a shadow spec. If those were all you were capable of getting at the time fine, but getting boots and a cloak that have haste on them baseline instead of just from gems is way better off and you should do that asap.
    HTML Code:

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHotpants
    Guessing from your boots, trinket and a couple of your gems I'd say shadow is your offspec, but other than that, you could match socket colors in your chest legs hands and shoulders and get an increase. Not getting into the arguement about the single blue sockets, though that is a consideration.
    If you have a semi-decent wand you could change that out and technically it would be a DPS upgrade even though you're a mere 3 hit rating under, although I am a fan of being hit capped at (nearly) all costs.
    Spec is fairly standard, though I do prefer Inner Focus to roll crit on SW:P and save mana later in the fight.
    Although the only glaring "wat" is Glyph of Mind Sear. While I suppose mind sear could be better in an aoe heavy fight, the longevity you gain from the SW:P glyph is more than likely better overall.

People seem to have foregone the "rating" part of "Rate the shadow priest above you", but I'd say 6/10
    Not bad for an offspec (presumably), but there are a couple easily fixable things.

Hit me. If I'm wearing a kirin tor ring I usually have a Ring of Rapid Ascent with a purified gem in it instead.

lookin pretty good , just get rid of that helm with no haste and those boots for the same reason and you'll be doing good. Dont blame you for taking the frozen bonespike as there is no real 1hnd option for shadow priests until Lich King loot which I am sure will have something for us.
    HTML Code:

Well I guess I have to post too

Be gentle :

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zzar&cn=Arivse

Btw, we don't do 25 HC's because we are more off a casual guild playing with friends, so the gear is what I have been able to get

E: Missed the rate...

So for CaptHotpants, I would like to be a shadow priest in your gear But would change that hat, for the tier version

Made by Caiti, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHotpants

Will answer to you as I see no link to amory etc on the other post above

I'm a total fan of your gear and I'm just complaining about small things :P
    Would love to see a stam/run speed on them boots, but it's a pure take what you like question
    and I am yet to see the math that give black magic > 61 sp, not to updated tho so I would be glad if someone could prove it so I can reenchant ;P
    9/10 just for the boot enchant ;P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7Akir&cn=Viani

Quite often running around in my holy offspec so gear might be wrong but I tried to log out with my shadow
    Give the facts that I do not do guildruns and I do not play much a though before going all out on my gear, I'm playing sports alot and don't have much time over for my comp :P
    And yes, under hit cap even with a gem, working on it tho, and yes, I've been extreamy unlucky with trinkets :<

Edit: post got between so I'll anwer to both

Quote Originally Posted by Arivse
    Well I guess I have to post too

Be gentle :

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zzar&cn=Arivse

Btw, we don't do 25 HC's because we are more off a casual guild playing with friends, so the gear is what I have been able to get
    Nice gear, can't realy blame you for not doing 25man HC, I would tho think of changing your boot enchant as you are a bit over hit cap, I know you can't be going for less as your gear gives it for free, but dropping the boot ench is a step on the way
    A purified in the neck would be the way for me to go even if it's a 0,1pp loss as I prefer 10sp in mana reg over 0,1pp in dmg, but that might just be me (same for boots)
    A sp/haste in the wand is the best, even in PP point of view
    Nad if anyone proves that black magic is the way to go on a one hander, go for that

8/10 just cuzz I like it my way, prob would be 9/10 for a PP freak :S

Quote Originally Posted by eErike
    Edit: post got between so I'll anwer to both

Nice gear, can't realy blame you for not doing 25man HC, I would tho think of changing your boot enchant as you are a bit over hit cap, I know you can't be going for less as your gear gives it for free, but dropping the boot ench is a step on the way
    A purified in the neck would be the way for me to go even if it's a 0,1pp loss as I prefer 10sp in mana reg over 0,1pp in dmg, but that might just be me (same for boots)
    A sp/haste in the wand is the best, even in PP point of view
    Nad if anyone proves that black magic is the way to go on a one hander, go for that

8/10 just cuzz I like it my way, prob would be 9/10 for a PP freak :S
    I have been wating for new wep like 2 months :/ So when I finally get my 25 ICC dagger, going for the haste ench (black magic) And for the hit cap, I dropped 3 points from talents, because I was able to do that So now I'm kinda balanced atm. Going to change that wand gem.. Its from the time when haste had no purpose in SP stats Thx for quick post, grossing my fingers for new loot ^^

Made by Caiti, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arivse
    I have been wating for new wep like 2 months :/ So when I finally get my 25 ICC dagger, going for the haste ench (black magic) And for the hit cap, I dropped 3 points from talents, because I was able to do that So now I'm kinda balanced atm. Going to change that wand gem.. Its from the time when haste had no purpose in SP stats Thx for quick post, grossing my fingers for new loot ^^
    I saw that you have dropped a few points in hit but I'm still preaty sure you are over the hit cap as the normal, without spec debuff etc are 17 and you have droped 3% from talents ending up in 14% of a total with misery. Armory states that you are on 15,44% atm so you are safe to drop another 1,44% before having to worry about that
    But as I said, nothing you can do about it except for the boot enchant (if you don't have gear with less hit and more other stuff like haste or something in your backpack :P )

Here's mine, any helpful tips greatly appreciated,

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7Remar&cn=Puku