World PvP on PvP Servers (long n srs)

The thing that makes PvP servers so great is the way that world pvp works in general, the genuine spontaneity that you get from good fights during questing or dailies or just the people who you randomly run into throughout the world. That was the thing that made the Isle of Quel'danas so great, especially because there was no way of flying away from people and just removing yourself from it all or the newly implemented areas count as a sanctuary, giving a place to run to.
    Even on quel'danas, there were guards, but it didn't completely limit you from attacking people. As far as I know, the reason that the great fun that was had at QD on pvp servers was taken out of the game when WOTLK reared its head was because of raiders complaining about the inability to get their dailies done.
    On QD, things like would happen like a horde killing an ally, then an ally bringing another ally to kill the horde, and a great big battle starting from it all consisting of the people who ran by and noticed a fight. Also, in my opinion, the greatest 1vs1 fights take place in an open world areas without duel area limit restrictions or the interferences that occur during battlegrounds.

It seems very unjust to deny people the fun that can be had from playing this game simply because people who don't like pvp and would rather be playing the exact same game that they currently play on a PvE server, don't like the interactions between people that come from playing on a pvp server.

The spontaneity that comes from world pvp is NOT something that can be replicated in battlegrounds, which tend to get very very stale after a while. During Burning Crusade, if one ever got bored, there was always fun to be had on the Isle of QD. The same could be said for the amazing amount of fun that happened at Blackrock Mountain back in vanilla, or in Hillsbrad Foothills, or STV, or any number of other areas.

That doesn't happen anymore. The options that are given to people are either go raid in this particular instanced area, go arena in that particular instances area, or go play battleground in that other instanced area. The thing that made this game feel like a world was being able to run into other people in that world and enjoy the hi-jinks that would doubtless ensue.

Currently, In WOTLK, it really just feels like a travel between various instanced zones, and pvp feels like something that should only be happening when you go into an arena or a battleground, thus what is the point of playing on a pvp server at all if the only time that you can pvp is during times and places that are set under strict limitations and carefully balanced so as not to bother the raiders who seem to be the ones playing the real game, whereas pvp seems to be the gimp little brother that wow forgot about.

I'm hoping that, come cataclysm and the return to Azeroth which has (so far) remained free of flying mounts and felt like a genuine world that one can run about in, world pvp will make some sort of return, not just in the form of something stale and boring like the Towers in eastern plaguelands that no one cares about, or Wintergrasp, which is just a big fight between vehicles, but something which genuinely fun, like the fights that used to take place at the argent stand in eastern plaguelands before the rediculously overpowered guards were implemented to protect the raiders on their way to naxxramus and tell us people who play on a pvp server for the pvp to bugger off.

This is not to put down raiding in any way, it can be quite fun, but raiding should not have to come at the detriment of those who play on pvp servers for the fun of the pvp that takes place all over the game.

Open world zones are a lot more fun to fight in than the exact same battleground over and over again. Please give us PvPers our fun back.

Re: World PvP on PvP Servers (long n srs)

Agree 100%.

If you don't like world pvp, don't roll on a pvp server. If your guild or friend is on it, then deal with it.

agreed

Agreed, I miss Isle of Quel'Danas
    Flying mounts suck big time, it completely destroys open PvP and there is absolutely no open PvP in WotLK.
    Not sure if that's going to change in Cataclysm though with them introducing fyling mounts everywhere...
    God I hate fyling mounts -.-

If you don't like world pvp, don't roll on a pvp server.
    Exactly. World PvP was the only difference between PvE and PvP servers. WoW no longer has PvP servers, just a bunch of PvE servers with different, meaningless labels applied to them.
    Agreed, I miss Isle of Quel'Danas Sad
    Me, too.
    Flying mounts suck big time, it completely destroys open PvP and there is absolutely no open PvP in WotLK.
    I agree completely.
    Not sure if that's going to change in Cataclysm though with them introducing fyling mounts everywhere...
    It'll get worse.
    God I hate fyling mounts -.-
    Me, too =( =( =(

make the cast time for flying mounts 5 seconds or something

small but somewhat of a "small fix"

so you cant get ganked, spawn and instantly be on your flying mount
    flying mounts are great for flying in a dive bombing someone

Yeah dude. You think it's bad now? They've been considering finally making Azeroth flyable. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo........."
    I want my Hillsbrad slaughter!
    Flying mounts are good for diving yes, but generally they blow balls because if someone kills you and they know you can kick their toon's ass they will just fly around and be all safe and what not.

Example: Rogue stun locks you while questing in Icecrown, you respawn and come find him with you being ready and stuff, he just pull his epic flyer out of his ass and takes off. >.<

(I found him later and camped him BWAHAHAHAA!!!)

PvP and how it stands/standed:

Classic: All about World PvP basicly anywhere and battlegrounds as Open PvP Areas.
    FUN, period.

TBC: World PvP only at Isle of Quel'Danas, still Open PvP Areas in battlegrounds, and now Arenas.
    FUN for the first seasons, but LOW and BORING on open PvP.

WotLK: Almost no World PvP except on Azeroth, a lot of Arenas, and Open PvP Areas in battlegrounds now are classified by using war tanks and 1 shot macros.
    STUPID on world/open PvP/Arenas.

Cataclysm: With flying mounts anywhere, world PvP is completely DEAD. Serious PvP will be reduced to High Rated Battlegrounds.
    FUN on High Rated Battlegrounds, other then that, STUPID on anything.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!